BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-08-2020, 05:15 AM   #1
ohcodeine
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i BMW 1M

Mechanic recommendations in Sydney?

Hey everyone,

I have a 135i project that I purchased last year as a salvage vehicle. I was very enthusiastic about bringing this beautiful beast back to life. Unfortunately, along the journey, I’ve had to deal with people ripping me off and taking advantage of me.

I had the interior disassembled by a private wrecker to replace the airbags (dashboard, driver and curtain) however he did a half job and told me he will complete the rest after I get the exterior panel work complete. There was another instance where I needed a specific part and this wrecker told me he had it so I drove over an hour to where he is only to be told he doesn’t have it.

I had my car at the panel shop the panel beater who is a friend of mine, took over a year to fix it (he just kept putting it off) eventually I gave up and had to go overseas. He informed me that the parts the wrecker provided had damage on them which I believe as he came across very dodgy. I came back late last year and kept following up only to be told two weeks and it’ll be done over and over again. Finally, the car was done after having a serious conversation about his workmanship. I got the car back finally and there’s still a lot of work to be done. I tried contacting the wrecker who initially worked on my interior and it seems he wants to charge me for getting it done as well as I have to have it towed to him which is over an hour away. I do not wish to deal with him. I need to get the interior back to original (it’s a mess at the moment). There’s no headliner, climate control, A B pillars and the car is extremely dusty from being in the panel shop. In addition to this, the car does not start anymore (it did before I gave it to the panel beater) and he told me it’s something to do with the fuel pump (from what I remember it did not have a lock ring). I need to replace the seatbelt pretensioners and get the airbag module cleared.

I’ve been trying to find someone who will do the final leg work to get the car back to normal. I’ve contacted a few reputable shops who said they’re booked out but can do the work however I’m really scared to see the bill as I’ve already spent a considerable amount on the car.

If there’s anyone who is in Sydney and can help me out then please contact me.

Last edited by ohcodeine; 07-08-2020 at 05:29 AM..
Appreciate 0