BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-16-2022, 08:17 PM   #1
bmdoubleyuh
Rep
Drives: 135i

Is it too late??

I just bought a 135i with 90k miles and this will be my first car that I want to work on/mod but I also will be using it daily for commuting ( I work on a hybrid schedule now so I only drive to work twice a week). I was wondering… is it too late to mod? I know I can I just wonder whether it’s worth it at this point.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 09:09 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdoubleyuh View Post
I just bought a 135i with 90k miles and this will be my first car that I want to work on/mod but I also will be using it daily for commuting ( I work on a hybrid schedule now so I only drive to work twice a week). I was wondering… is it too late to mod? I know I can I just wonder whether it’s worth it at this point.
Never too late. I always cringe when people take brand new suspensions or other parts off when brand new but in your case you can start replacing suspension, radiator, turbo etc now that it will need replacement. It's a great time to mod as things age and break. Makes more sense than ripping brand new stuff off. Also with time now you know what works well. Many guys mod early on and are beta testers for stuff that sometimes ends up being crap. Do your research. Finally yiu are in the 1M forum which is very few people. So your first modification should be to go to the 135 forum where you will get much more help than here. The 1M is significantly different in many ways. Enjoy!!
Appreciate 2
      03-18-2022, 02:40 AM   #3
bmdoubleyuh
Rep
Drives: 135i

Oh my bad, new to this clearly !! Thank you!!
Appreciate 1
nachob2307.00