BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
MT135
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Thumbs down EAS in Anaheim

On a Tuesday, set a 9:30am Saturday appointment for a 135i LCI headlight retrofit. During that call, I asked if they were capable and comfortable doing the swap since it involves jumping one wire and some light coding. Sure, no problem Dan said. Chose EAS because they are a well known shop with an excellent service reputation. A good friend of mine had his E92 M3 heavily modified by them with no issues.

Arrive for my appointment, have my car and two brand new in box LCI headlights. Also bring some additional OEM ducting parts for my BMW Performance bumper (Part Number 51740442875) and ask if they can install them, since the bumper is coming off anyway. Sure, no problem. $354 estimate for a couple hours labor, splicing a wire, and coding.

Estimated 2-3 hour job, I leave for coffee and come back after an hour and a half. Once the bumper and headlights are off my car, Dan explains to me that they can't do the swap properly because they need 2 additional wires. I ask if there's any way they could just jump/splice the wires, he says no (you can, but it's a bit janky. fair enough). Without these wires, everything will work except the LED brow. Its already been over two hours, I can't come in during the week, tell them to proceed anyway.

After an hour and change I pop my head in the back, notice they've reassembled the bumper incorrectly. Having not put in the additional ducts I brought in. They do it again, only this time they leave the covers over the ducts. Have to disassemble a second time to remove the covers over the ducts they just put in. 3rd time is the charm, and they pull my car outside. The bumper gap on the passenger side is 1/4", driver's side looks like it is hanging off. Dan agrees that the gaps aren't right, blames it on aftermarket parts (its all new BMW parts I had painted and installed the same week at Sterling Collision), then they pull the car in to correct.

After another hour and change they pull the car over to the coding side, then plainly tell me they can't code the lights and my car is crashing their computer. All they need to do is delete "$VO" code for adaptive headlights.

Around 3:30pm (they technically closed at 2:00pm) Dan brings me to the office to pay $250 for the headlight install. Their system is off so he runs my card (oh yeah, they also don't take American Express) and asks for my email, saying he'll send me the invoice later.

After six hours and paying $250, I leave with a slightly worse fitting bumper, non-functioning headlight LED brow, and a constant headlight error code on my dash. Thankfully, the headlights actually work. Oh, and Dan never sent my invoice.

While I was there, several brand new M3 and M4 cars received coding, downpipes, suspension, and EAS's signature "outside wall" mini photoshoot. They got excellent service, don't get how they dropped the ball so bad when it came to my car. If there was a zero star option, I would choose that.

Below is from EAS's site.

European Auto Source is proud to be your #1 Southern California coding facility! Whether it's a simple Check Engine light or you are looking for full retrofit coding, we are your one-stop facility for all your programming needs.

Retrofit Options:
- LCI Haillight Retrofits
- Park Distance Control (PDC) Retrofits
- Halogen Highs enabled with Xenon High Beams
- OEM Alarm Coding
- iDrive CCC-CIC Conversions/Upgrades
- LCI Headlight Retrofits
- FRM3 Module Upgrade/coding
- Sirius Radio Retrofits
- IBOC HD Radio Coding
- Heads Up Display (HUD)
- CD CHanger, iPod/MP3, Dension & mObridge Coding
- Bluetooth"
      02-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
YangEnterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BMW M4 - JAVA GREEN

For me, EAS is a hit or miss. I either have excellent customer service OR terrible customer service.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 03:01 AM   #3
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

One bad experience was all I needed.
      02-17-2016, 01:56 PM   #4
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep