BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #45
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_ View Post
I have a better question:

Why do you care?
Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #46
GetToThe135CHOPPER
Registered
Rep
Drives:

the 100% refundable 500$ i just put down on a new 135i is doing the same thing as it would have in my checking account...and although it might seem like nonsense to alot of folks, i tend to do what makes me happy... life is just way too short.

but hey, thanks for caring!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #47
mateo
Addicted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
Have you actually driven a 335i? I thought I was going to get one, until I drove it... Best to keep hoping that the 135i is great. I am.
Yes the 4 door a/t. It was not all that I thought it would be. Not bad, but I'm sure the coupe is more fun to drive.

I will buy the 135i and be happy w/it.

-Mateo
      09-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #48
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_ View Post
I have a better question:

Why do you care?
Petty deflection.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #49
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ito135i View Post
maybe this is off topic but I would rather spend my time and energy making more money then saving a couple k. Given equal amounts of time spent on both, I know which will make me more/allow me to save more in the long run.
Oh geez... Yeah right... I'm taking a few weeks off just to save a few thousand dollars...

Now we're grasping for straws...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 12:07 AM   #50
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
There is nothing unethical about it, my friend. So it is unethical to inform a dealership holding my deposit that there are other dealerships offering better deals on the 135i? I don't comprehend your logic!
Look up "covenent of good faith." It's the fundamental tenet of business law. If you make a deposit and cause a dealer to expend resources for your benefit when you didn't have any particular intention to purchase from that dealer you are acting in bad faith. It's basic ethics.

The truly ethical thing to do would be to work out the fundamentals of the deal at the time of deposit or at least mention that you'll walk if you find a better price.

But none of this matters. If what you and all the other "depositers" are saying holds true, all the cars at the other dealerships will be spoken for, so you won't be getting a better price anywhere else, and the dealer holding your deposit will know that.

Which leads right back to my original point: if you put down a deposit to get on a waiting list for a car you've never even seen and is expected to be in high demand, you've painted yourself into a corner regarding price negotiations.

Thanks for helping me reinforce my point. :tongue:
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 12:11 AM   #51
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToThe135CHOPPER View Post
i tend to do what makes me happy... life is just way too short.
There's the absolute best explanation I've seen. :headbang:
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 12:16 AM   #52
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ster View Post
I don't care why you live in San Diego. It's not relevant to my analogy unless you're imprisoned there and can't leave. My point is this: you choose to live someplace with a high cost of living when you could choose to live elsewhere. Maybe you have an awesome job there. Maybe you're the mayor. Maybe you have a sick relative to attend to. It still doesn't matter.
Just because you can't grasp it doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

The fundamental reason I am in San Diego is because it's the best place for my career.

Now, remind me why my making 5x more doing what I do in San Diego, as opposed to doing what I do in Kansas City is somehow related to some ostensibly valid argument for paying a premium to buy a car that you've never driven, sat in, or even seen?

San Diego being a wonderful place to live is just a bonus.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #53
240M3SRT
***** badass
Rep
Drives:

From what ive understood from the dealers around my area, the deposit is refundable up to the point when a VIN is assigned and you choose the options. Some of you make it sound as if the dealers youve left your deposit with will completely refund your deposit even after your car has arrived if you decide you dont want it afterall.

Am i understanding correctly?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #54
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240M3SRT View Post
Some of you make it sound as if the dealers youve left your deposit with will completely refund your deposit even after your car has arrived if you decide you dont want it afterall.
I think it depends on the exact car you've ordered. If it's silver with black leather and some choice options, and the dealer won't have a hard time selling it off the lot, then I bet you can easily get your deposit back.

Order Tahiti Green with Coral Red Leather and all bets are off!

Kurichan, we're just going to have to agree to disagree.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #55
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ster View Post
... Order Tahiti Green with Coral Red Leather and all bets are off! ...
Hey, here New Mexico when we want both Green Chili and Red Chili on our enchiladas, we order it Christmas style!
      09-26-2007, 12:09 PM   #56
335i=:)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan-blk/blk-Poplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
Oh geez... Yeah right... I'm taking a few weeks off just to save a few thousand dollars...

Now we're grasping for straws...
If you drive a spyder and make 5x what someone in Kansas makes, then you know what I'm talking about. I would rather fight the BIG battles then squabble over scraps. Regardless of what you think, this is a valid reason for me. Also, I have a 335i, it's not like it'll be much different. No biggie mang.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #57
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
Hey, here New Mexico when we want both Green Chili and Red Chili on our enchiladas, we order it Christmas style!
I miss Santa Fe. My wife and I lived there from 1999-2001. TexMex is good, but it just ain't the same!

I miss your excellent driving roads, too. :frown:
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #58
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

When you get your 135i come on up for a visit!