BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #89
radorotrex
Second Lieutenant
radorotrex's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: 09 135i Cabrio / 08 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (1)

My order number is 12 and i was also wondering if you can ship all my parts when ready by USPS to canada? Customs through fedex or ups is a killer for us canadians.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #90
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
iCARBON DESIGN's Avatar
46
Rep
400
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radorotrex View Post
My order number is 12 and i was also wondering if you can ship all my parts when ready by USPS to canada? Customs through fedex or ups is a killer for us canadians.
The Diffuser, Mirror Caps, and Trunk Spoiler can go USPS no problem - that's not an issue. For the Front Lip, we're going to try and make it work - I'll explain below.

USPS has a maximum size for shipments to Canada. This size is a max combined length + girth of 108". Our lip boxes are custom made to our size (since they have our logos printed, etc) and the current size we have is over 108" in length + girth. HOWEVER, we are working around with the dimensions of the box to try and get them under 108" length + girth. We are currently waiting to hear back from out custom box builders and will let you guys know if the size we're trying to get away with is a possibility.

Every other piece can go USPS, it's only the lip we're worried about. We can always set the declared value to be lower if we need to go Fed Ex, but remember that a low value = low insurance on shipping damages.

More to come in a bit, just waiting to hear back. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #91
radorotrex
Second Lieutenant
radorotrex's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: 09 135i Cabrio / 08 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
The Diffuser, Mirror Caps, and Trunk Spoiler can go USPS no problem - that's not an issue. For the Front Lip, we're going to try and make it work - I'll explain below.

USPS has a maximum size for shipments to Canada. This size is a max combined length + girth of 108". Our lip boxes are custom made to our size (since they have our logos printed, etc) and the current size we have is over 108" in length + girth. HOWEVER, we are working around with the dimensions of the box to try and get them under 108" length + girth. We are currently waiting to hear back from out custom box builders and will let you guys know if the size we're trying to get away with is a possibility.

Every other piece can go USPS, it's only the lip we're worried about. We can always set the declared value to be lower if we need to go Fed Ex, but remember that a low value = low insurance on shipping damages.

More to come in a bit, just waiting to hear back. Thanks!
I would just like to applaud iCARBON for the hard work and dedication you are showing to your customers. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #92
BMW86
Major General
Australia
340
Rep
9,170
Posts

Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radorotrex View Post
I would just like to applaud iCARBON for the hard work and dedication you are showing to your customers. Thanks.
+1

The past week the service has been fantastic!!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #93
Garduna
Brigadier General
Garduna's Avatar
Canada
125
Rep
4,011
Posts

Drives: Former 1er Sedona Red/Now S3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
+1

The past week the service has been fantastic!!
+1 to that as well
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #94
HACKULO
Captain
HACKULO's Avatar
47
Rep
641
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i coupe  [0.00]
2008 135i  [3.00]
i wanna see pic of the front lip on the car
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #95
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
iCARBON DESIGN's Avatar
46
Rep
400
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radorotrex View Post
I would just like to applaud iCARBON for the hard work and dedication you are showing to your customers. Thanks.
Thank you so much! We really try to provide the absolute best customer service possible - and it does feel very good that you guys notice it.

We'll be here for a long time to come providing the best parts and customer service possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
+1

The past week the service has been fantastic!!
Thank you! It's not just going to be this week - you'll notice this for years to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
+1 to that as well
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #96
SparklingRed
Lieutenant
SparklingRed's Avatar
Australia
14
Rep
435
Posts

Drives: 125i, M135i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Hello iCarbon,

Just wondering what sort of numbers I am looking at for shipping to Australia for the diffuser?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #97
Upgrade+
Good life
Upgrade+'s Avatar
81
Rep
1,844
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 M3 AW
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (8)

Can anyone describe or post pics of the difference between 2x2 and 1x1 weave? I'm about to order the diffusor and need help deciding on this. What is the oem performance cf spoilers' weave? (I have that installed already and want a close match)
__________________
Current: 08 E90 M3 Alpine White Former: 11 135i Msport Space Gray -Former: 07 335i Titanium Silver E92- Former: 08 135i Alpine White E82- Past: 06 Subaru STI WRB- Past: 04 Audi S4 Imola yellow- Past:97 Honda prelude Ice blue
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #98
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
356
Rep
10,705
Posts

Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

Hey iCarbon. I PMed you guys a few days ago, waiting on a response.
__________________

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #99
BMW86
Major General
Australia
340
Rep
9,170
Posts

Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingRed View Post
Hello iCarbon,

Just wondering what sort of numbers I am looking at for shipping to Australia for the diffuser?
+ 1

Any updates on shipping costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade+ View Post
Can anyone describe or post pics of the difference between 2x2 and 1x1 weave? I'm about to order the diffusor and need help deciding on this. What is the oem performance cf spoilers' weave? (I have that installed already and want a close match)
The CF parts in the photos in this thread are of the 2x2 weave. I also have the OEM CF Performance spoiler and I ordered the 2x2 diffuser. The 1x1 looks very dull and has no gloss. The 2x2 will match nicely.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #100
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
21
Rep
621
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 135i  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
The CF parts in the photos in this thread are of the 2x2 weave. I also have the OEM CF Performance spoiler and I ordered the 2x2 diffuser. The 1x1 looks very dull and has no gloss. The 2x2 will match nicely.
Gloss has nothing to do with the weave and everything to do with the finish, you can still have a glossy piece with a 1x1 weave. The 1x1 weave is basically smaller strands, so it's harder to see the checkered effect and you'd have to get closer to even tell it's really carbon fiber. Personally I think the 2x2 weave looks far better.
__________________
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #101
BMW86
Major General
Australia
340
Rep
9,170
Posts

Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerlucas View Post
Gloss has nothing to do with the weave and everything to do with the finish, you can still have a glossy piece with a 1x1 weave. The 1x1 weave is basically smaller strands, so it's harder to see the checkered effect and you'd have to get closer to even tell it's really carbon fiber. Personally I think the 2x2 weave looks far better.

You are absolutely right Dangerlucas, sorry I got confused with something else. I was going on about the dry carbon vs regular finish. Dry carbon is the dull look and the regular finish is glossy. Sorry for the confusion.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 12:53 AM   #102
BMW86
Major General
Australia
340
Rep
9,170
Posts

Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade+ View Post
Can anyone describe or post pics of the difference between 2x2 and 1x1 weave? I'm about to order the diffusor and need help deciding on this. What is the oem performance cf spoilers' weave? (I have that installed already and want a close match)
I would also like to know which weave is best as I've already ordered 2x2... I hope that matches with the oem performance spoiler too.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #103
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
21
Rep
621
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 135i  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I would also like to know which weave is best as I've already ordered 2x2... I hope that matches with the oem performance spoiler too.
I don't have any, but as far as I know the performance parts are all 2x2.
__________________
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 12:57 AM   #104
BMW86
Major General
Australia
340
Rep
9,170
Posts

Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerlucas View Post
I don't have any, but as far as I know the performance parts are all 2x2.
Thanks Dangerlucas.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #105
HebbNH
Resident Cacodemon Expert
HebbNH's Avatar
6
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: 2008 AW 135i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MO

iTrader: (0)

There are pics on iCarbon's website of the 1x1 and 2x2 weave. On the front lip page, click the "more pics" button, and the weave pics are the last 2. Same thing on the diffuser page. The 2x2 looks much better IMO, and should match the BMW performance parts.
__________________
BMS JB4 | BMS DCI | ETS intercooler | ETS charge pipe | HKS SSQV III | CP-E downpipes | BMWP exhaust | P3Cars vent gauge | LUX V3 angel eyes | Weisslicht smoked LED sidemarkers | Blackline LCI taillights | Slek Designs front lip | BMWP grills | Seibon M3 hood | iCarbon CSL trunk | iCarbon rear diffuser | BMWP suspension | Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s | Work Brombachers - FLOSS edition | H&R spacers | TC Kline studs | Project Kics R40 lugs
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #106
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
Mega Man's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
2,045
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Will the lip require any drilling?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #107
McReary
Private First Class
United_States
7
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: 2008 AW 128i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to McReary
just to be stupidly clear,

i'm interested in the cf mirror caps. There isn't a diff between the 128i and 135i... i see vette's getting one and he's got a 28 im guessing they're the same.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #108
ForesT
Private First Class
ForesT's Avatar
Sweden
17
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Do you ship to Sweden, Europe?
How much is the shiping rate?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #109
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
356
Rep
10,705
Posts

Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

Still waiting on my PM to be replied to iCarbon
__________________

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #110
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
iCARBON DESIGN's Avatar
46
Rep
400
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade+ View Post
Can anyone describe or post pics of the difference between 2x2 and 1x1 weave? I'm about to order the diffusor and need help deciding on this. What is the oem performance cf spoilers' weave? (I have that installed already and want a close match)
If you click on any of the pictures of the CF parts on www.shopicarbon.com you'll see a picture of both 1x1 and 2x2 weave. It's purely for aesthetic reasons.

The OEM Performance spoiler is 2x2 weave. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST