BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #309
Liub
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E8

Alex, can you pls reply to my PM re: error codes?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #310
spang135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 alpine white 135

Alex can i get a tracking # Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #311
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is

Wow, surprised to see their were problems with these. Bought mine long ago and only installed recently. Had one light out code, once, then never again. Has worked flawlessly since. Only thing I did do was replace the yellow shrink wrap around the main electrical component board.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #312
clmsn81
Junior Associate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Cpe AW/CR

Hey guys...I just wanted to say that I purchased my 7ks from Alex last year and Ive had the same driver side issue where I would have to stop and turn off/on my car to get the driver side to come on. I have comfort access and although this might contribute to the power issue, I think it's simply a problem with having the single ground. I have been putting it off for a while, but this morning I finally went out and cut the black wire/re-routed it as shown in the You Tube video...and oui-la, works perfectly now...I'm pretty sure anyways...it might just be my imagination, but I also think the driver side is brighter now too...up to par with the passenger side and doesn't need the same "warm-up" time. I think it was money worth spending for a simple mod that might take a little after-sale-service, but Alex took care of my problems before and I trust he would in the future. I think it's one of the best mods you can do to your older coronas. Definitely noticeable on the road...especially from other bimmers with jealous drivers. Lol.
      05-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #313
aries2k1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Hey Alex,

Do you have any 7000k w/ caps in stock?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #314
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

pm'ed for a quote on shipping@!!!!

Looking for 8000k + caps
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #315
Jatran661
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 135i

hey I was wondering if I can buy the caps only thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #316
Jatran661
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 135i

damnnn if you cant pm me please email me at jatran661@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #317
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmsn81 View Post
Hey guys...I just wanted to say that I purchased my 7ks from Alex last year and Ive had the same driver side issue where I would have to stop and turn off/on my car to get the driver side to come on. I have comfort access and although this might contribute to the power issue, I think it's simply a problem with having the single ground. I have been putting it off for a while, but this morning I finally went out and cut the black wire/re-routed it as shown in the You Tube video...and oui-la, works perfectly now...I'm pretty sure anyways...it might just be my imagination, but I also think the driver side is brighter now too...up to par with the passenger side and doesn't need the same "warm-up" time. I think it was money worth spending for a simple mod that might take a little after-sale-service, but Alex took care of my problems before and I trust he would in the future. I think it's one of the best mods you can do to your older coronas. Definitely noticeable on the road...especially from other bimmers with jealous drivers. Lol.
I had that problem too. regrounded it and they worked perfectly again. i had a couple ballasts go, but i think that's just my bad luck. the new ones alex sends are always nicer and less prone to breaking than the old ones, so by now they must be bulletproof!

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #318
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
I had that problem too. regrounded it and they worked perfectly again. i had a couple ballasts go, but i think that's just my bad luck. the new ones alex sends are always nicer and less prone to breaking than the old ones, so by now they must be bulletproof!
I regrounded mine but I am still having problems... and left Alex a few pm's and would like a response.. people said he is usually pretty good.. hope I get an answer soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #319
victm1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 bwm 135i

hey alex can you just sell the relay hardness with the resistor, if you do whats the price?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #320
Tommeh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 96 BMW M3 & 16 GMC Canyon

Any idea when the next group buy will be? I'm interested in a set ^.^
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #321
clmsn81
Junior Associate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Cpe AW/CR

Thumbs down Spoke Too Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
I regrounded mine but I am still having problems... and left Alex a few pm's and would like a response.. people said he is usually pretty good.. hope I get an answer soon.
Mine worked fine or so I thought for a day. But Im getting the same problem. And now sometimes my Passenger Side light doesn't come on when my Driver side does.....Really frustrating. And to be honest, embarrassing.
      07-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #322
spang135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i finally just cut my loses and ordered lux angel eyes
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #323
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spang135 View Post
i finally just cut my loses and ordered lux angel eyes
Hey,

Sorry you had to switch over. I understand this has been hard for some, and the last few months with my health problems and work PMs and emails have not been responded to fast like I usually do. You guys can simply look around, I have not been selling anything like I use to, but I am back, I have hired a couple people, and things will change, I promise you guys!

The reason guys I have not had another Group Buy even with the high demand on every page, and many PMs and emails I receive is because I did not want any future problems, I have paused bulk sales to take care of defective units.

I have worked with over 10 local 1 series with different years and months to perfect the kit.

With that said, I have changed the wiring, ballast, and bulbs. Almost the entire kit. No more slim 2pc ballast, one small-medium ballast so no extra wires hanging.

Our module control unit is the same, that has never failed and is solid, will last probably longer then the car itself.

Our new kit will light up everytime, and will also have a more even light between the two rings from our last kit, do to a softer running ballast that helps reduce glare.

If you guys have any questions or need any help with warranty, shoot me a PM!

Spang, if you like, when you have your LUX's in, send me your old kit, I will fix it, upgrade the wires and units and send it back for a problem free kit if you are not happy with the brightness of the LUX's.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #324
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Hey,

Sorry you had to switch over. I understand this has been hard for some, and the last few months with my health problems and work PMs and emails have not been responded to fast like I usually do. You guys can simply look around, I have not been selling anything like I use to, but I am back, I have hired a couple people, and things will change, I promise you guys!

The reason guys I have not had another Group Buy even with the high demand on every page, and many PMs and emails I receive is because I did not want any future problems, I have paused bulk sales to take care of defective units.

I have worked with over 10 local 1 series with different years and months to perfect the kit.

With that said, I have changed the wiring, ballast, and bulbs. Almost the entire kit. No more slim 2pc ballast, one small-medium ballast so no extra wires hanging.

Our module control unit is the same, that has never failed and is solid, will last probably longer then the car itself.

Our new kit will light up everytime, and will also have a more even light between the two rings from our last kit, do to a softer running ballast that helps reduce glare.

If you guys have any questions or need any help with warranty, shoot me a PM!

Spang, if you like, when you have your LUX's in, send me your old kit, I will fix it, upgrade the wires and units and send it back for a problem free kit if you are not happy with the brightness of the LUX's.
So, your saying that all the kit's that you sell from now on will be without problems and the brightness problem will not be an issue? I would have bought your kit a long time ago, but didn't due to the inner ring being way too bright on my friends 135i. Good to see your taking care of things!
      07-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #325
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: something slowwwww

Alex, does this mean you will be running another group buy soon?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #326
spang135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Hey,

Package on its way. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #327
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

New Group Buy Guys!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...6#post10033416
Appreciate 0