BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #89
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
40
Rep
1,793
Posts

Drives: Slowly & Responsibly
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Darwin, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Very nice Zuzu. Colour is set to look absolutely stunning.

I'm sticking to AW. Never going Black again!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #90
woosh
Colonel
woosh's Avatar
Australia
194
Rep
2,933
Posts

Drives: e46
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bne

iTrader: (0)

Haha nice one Zuzu!

For those that haven't been keeping tabs in the 1M dedicated sub-forum, SCOTT has been bombarded with requests to add Monte Carlo Blue to the lineup... and by the way he's been writing his posts indicates to me that BMW might actually be considering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
so whats the right industry? cos manufacturing isn't it, i know, i am currently moving everything to taiwan and china where the workers are so far from me in Sydney i don't have to know who has pulled another fake compo claim for thier football injury this week.

speaking of overseas - have you seen how cheap M3's are in the UK and potentially the 1M. Anyone know if you can put a deposit on one in the UK?
Hey our family business is in manufacturing also. We've been hit with a lot of resource price increases lately... sigh. I suspect that's one reason why you're moving the biz to Taiwan and China?
Current question for me is whether to join the business and expand or to get my own thing up and running. Because of this predicament I'm procrastinating like no tomorrow (as both options look good)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #91
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
215
Rep
7,435
Posts

Drives: LBB LCI M2
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Very nice pick, Zuzu
Thanks Matty..Touch choice between 1M and 2009 M3..Decided on the collectible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Still deciding between AW and VO. VO is a bit loud for my liking but it might be more collectible.
Loud for me too but as the dealer said..Collectible..be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
Very nice Zuzu. Colour is set to look absolutely stunning.

I'm sticking to AW. Never going Black again!
Thanks mate..Have been purchasing only Black beemers for the past 25 years..
TIME for a change..

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
Haha nice one Zuzu!
Thanks Woosh.. NOW the wait begins..AGAIN..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #92
mra
Private
0
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Have been purchasing only Black beemers for the past 25 years..
TIME for a change..
I say that to myself every new car and every new car ends up black

I'm really tempted with the 1M but since I only took delivery of my 135 in June, I'm thinking it might be too big a loss to be hit with. I'm sure I'll cave once there's no more units coming to australia and regret not ordering

Can I ask how much of a deposit you guys are putting down? If it's only a couple of grand maybe I'll put down a deposit anyway then decide later whether to take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #93
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
215
Rep
7,435
Posts

Drives: LBB LCI M2
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra View Post
Can I ask how much of a deposit you guys are putting down? If it's only a couple of grand maybe I'll put down a deposit anyway then decide later whether to take delivery.
$2K this time..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #94
BMW86
Major General
Australia
340
Rep
9,170
Posts

Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Congrats Zuzu! Nice colour choice too
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #95
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
140
Rep
4,849
Posts

Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
Haha nice one Zuzu!

For those that haven't been keeping tabs in the 1M dedicated sub-forum, SCOTT has been bombarded with requests to add Monte Carlo Blue to the lineup... and by the way he's been writing his posts indicates to me that BMW might actually be considering it.


Hey our family business is in manufacturing also. We've been hit with a lot of resource price increases lately... sigh. I suspect that's one reason why you're moving the biz to Taiwan and China?
Current question for me is whether to join the business and expand or to get my own thing up and running. Because of this predicament I'm procrastinating like no tomorrow (as both options look good)
You serioulsy want to work with family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra View Post
I say that to myself every new car and every new car ends up black

I'm really tempted with the 1M but since I only took delivery of my 135 in June, I'm thinking it might be too big a loss to be hit with. I'm sure I'll cave once there's no more units coming to australia and regret not ordering

Can I ask how much of a deposit you guys are putting down? If it's only a couple of grand maybe I'll put down a deposit anyway then decide later whether to take delivery.
5K for me; I know I could have paid less, but I wasn't up for arguing that day. I will save the arguing when I am getting the X next year. Afterall, they will be making the full margin on the 1M from me.
__________________
Macan S Diesel - Carrera White
Macan Turbo - White
1///M - Valencia Orange
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #96
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
40
Rep
1,793
Posts

Drives: Slowly & Responsibly
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Darwin, Australia

iTrader: (0)

$1K for me
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 12:18 AM   #97
mra
Private
0
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
5K for me; I know I could have paid less, but I wasn't up for arguing that day. I will save the arguing when I am getting the X next year. Afterall, they will be making the full margin on the 1M from me.
Well you sounds like you're definitely taking delivery so it's 5k less to fork out at delivery which isn't a bad thing.

Thanks everyone on deposit info
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 12:24 AM   #98
chappy
Captain
chappy's Avatar
Australia
70
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brisbane Australia

iTrader: (0)

Here is a review of the 1m by carpoint.com.au
Still very very heavy they say 1500kg
http://www.carpoint.com.au/reviews/2...-m-coupe-22337
__________________
THE BEAST MHD Flash Tune / AFE DCI Intake /M3 suspension/Forge Intercooler/Alpina B3 AT Flash/Bilstein B4 Suspension/BMW OEM M3 Steering Wheel and DCT Paddles/LUX V4 Angel Eyes/CIC Retrofitted
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #99
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
215
Rep
7,435
Posts

Drives: LBB LCI M2
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Congrats Zuzu! Nice colour choice too
Thanks mate.. With dealer allocation between 2 to 8, depending on the dealers ///M sales, its first in best dressed..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 01:49 AM   #100
BBK
Banned
64
Rep
3,076
Posts

Drives: A boring one...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [2.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Here is a review of the 1m by carpoint.com.au
Still very very heavy they say 1500kg
http://www.carpoint.com.au/reviews/2...-m-coupe-22337

Hmmm... from that review, not only do they claim to have actually driven it, but they claim to know the exact specs of the engine (35is).

Going by the 1M forum, I don't think anyone has actually driven it yet? Nor has specs been released.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 02:29 AM   #101
jksgoh
Major
jksgoh's Avatar
Australia
88
Rep
1,396
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melb, Vic, Aus

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Hmmm... from that review, not only do they claim to have actually driven it, but they claim to know the exact specs of the engine (35is).

Going by the 1M forum, I don't think anyone has actually driven it yet? Nor has specs been released.
i havent been following the 1M story that closely, but im pretty sure i read a review/drive of the 1M in motor or wheels a few months back.... unless my memory is failing me and maybe the author was just a passenger?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 03:02 AM   #102
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Alpine*'s Avatar
Australia
248
Rep
3,558
Posts

Drives: Changes pretty often
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Hmmm... from that review, not only do they claim to have actually driven it, but they claim to know the exact specs of the engine (35is).

Going by the 1M forum, I don't think anyone has actually driven it yet? Nor has specs been released.
I think they are making sh1t up, untill January (hopefully earlier) we won't know all of the details, even colour options.

Orange.... big call. It will stand out in the crowd though and will be instantly recognisable as what it is, a little ///M .

I put down $2k at BMW Melbourne (which is twice what Canberra BMW required, untill Jan / Feb anyway). From what I understand you can order whatever colour you want, so long as it is one of the three (maybe 4 if blue gets a run, Melbourne Red would be soooo cool IMO), unlike the Focus RSs' limited build of specific colour quantities.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 03:36 AM   #103
BBK
Banned
64
Rep
3,076
Posts

Drives: A boring one...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [2.88]
Just checked those reviews in the other forum again, seems the recent German journo invite they were allowed to drive the car, but still don't know official specs.

But it will probably use the 'is' engine, which is a shame...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #104
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
140
Rep
4,849
Posts

Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Just checked those reviews in the other forum again, seems the recent German journo invite they were allowed to drive the car, but still don't know official specs.

But it will probably use the 'is' engine, which is a shame...
disappointed?
__________________
Macan S Diesel - Carrera White
Macan Turbo - White
1///M - Valencia Orange
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 07:48 AM   #105
BBK
Banned
64
Rep
3,076
Posts

Drives: A boring one...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [2.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
disappointed?
Yeah, been disappointed from all the leaked 'guesstimates' coming out lately. If we're going to pay M money for this car, it should have an M engine, not the same one as two other models (335 and Z4).

But it does depend on the final price... waiting patiently...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #106
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
140
Rep
4,849
Posts

Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Yeah, been disappointed from all the leaked 'guesstimates' coming out lately. If we're going to pay M money for this car, it should have an M engine, not the same one as two other models (335 and Z4).

But it does depend on the final price... waiting patiently...
I was a bit disappointed too, but it looks like it is going to be a great car nonetheless, with the M bits. It should really be a 135M, but I would probably still get it anyway.
__________________
Macan S Diesel - Carrera White
Macan Turbo - White
1///M - Valencia Orange

Last edited by sparoz; 10-31-2010 at 02:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #107
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
215
Rep
7,435
Posts

Drives: LBB LCI M2
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

Met up with my dealer this morning to confirm my order as I had only just placed it over the phone.
He informed me, once he returns from their annual BMW sales meet in Melbourne on December 6, that he should have a more accurate guide to pricing.
PLUS Aussie delivered 1M cars should arrive all specked up ( unlike US delivered cars ) just like the M3, with only like 3 or 4 additional options if any.

Also fingers crossed for Monte Carlo Blue.. if that becomes available..

Last edited by Zuzu; 10-29-2010 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 01:56 AM   #108
andrew@southernBM
andrew@southernBM's Avatar
Australia
95
Rep
1,520
Posts

Drives: M3 F80, M140i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Valencia Orange ///M Deposit paid
Congrats Zuzu
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 06:45 AM   #109
Brissie
Lieutenant
24
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 135
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brisbane, Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Yeah, been disappointed from all the leaked 'guesstimates' coming out lately. If we're going to pay M money for this car, it should have an M engine, not the same one as two other models (335 and Z4).

But it does depend on the final price... waiting patiently...
I am not getting one, but if it is indeed not getting a real M engine then I would rather have a used M 3 for around the same money, or even a c63 Amg.
It loses it's uniqueness, or 'M'ness, if the engines is shared with other cars, even if it is a very good car. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 02:16 AM   #110
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
140
Rep
4,849
Posts

Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135fan View Post
I am not getting one, but if it is indeed not getting a real M engine then I would rather have a used M 3 for around the same money, or even a c63 Amg.
It loses it's uniqueness, or 'M'ness, if the engines is shared with other cars, even if it is a very good car. Just my opinion.
Even if it out handles the M3?
__________________
Macan S Diesel - Carrera White
Macan Turbo - White
1///M - Valencia Orange
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST