BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-17-2022, 12:27 AM   #1
Hermtheworm
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Supporting mods for VTT stage 1 turbos?

Hey guys, recently purchased a set of VTT stage 1 turbos for my N54 135i and I'm wondering what kind of supporting mods are necessary to run these turbos smoothly, I'm already in the works of ordering silicone inlets and I have the following done to the car= Charge pipe, Dual cone intakes and JB4. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 09:31 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

No mods is mandatory, but to take full advantage of the turbo, I recommend the basic bolt-on (tune, charge pipe, intercooler, intake, and downpipe) + inlets and outlets.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      09-18-2022, 11:17 PM   #3
Hermtheworm
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
No mods is mandatory, but to take full advantage of the turbo, I recommend the basic bolt-on (tune, charge pipe, intercooler, intake, and downpipe) + inlets and outlets.
this is something I'm working on for sure, already have inlets waiting to go on the car though I stayed away from outlets for the time being as I read a post from one of the RB turbo guys saying they're not recommended for anything under 520 whp. I was also wondering if with these new hybrid turbos I'm gonna need a professional tune or not ?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 11:31 PM   #4
Hermtheworm
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermtheworm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
this is something I'm working on for sure, already have inlets waiting to go on the car though I stayed away from outlets for the time being as I read a post from one of the RB turbo guys saying they're not recommended for anything under 520 whp. I was also wondering if with these new hybrid turbos I'm gonna need a professional tune or not ?
Sorry let me rephrase. Custom tune. Not a professional tune by any means haha. Just something other than an OTC tune like I'm running at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry let me rephrase. Custom tune. Not a professional tune by any means haha. Just something other than an OTC tune like I'm running at the moment.
yes a custom tune is needed to take full advantage of the upgraded turbo

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0