BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-27-2023, 02:22 PM   #1
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Slight whine sounds in 3rd

Hi Everyone,

finished another Angeles Crest drive yesterday and was noticing a slight "whine" in 3rd under acceleration (but not in any other gears). I'm hyper alert/paranoid to sounds (especially in this car), so could be nothing. The trans also felt a little (and I mean a tinsy bit) "clunky" when coming off full throttle. I was in sport mode (stock dct tuning), so maybe it's just a function of the aggressive driving. Anyone else noticed any similar sounds/behavior? Trans service is more than up to date. had a full service done within the last 5-7k miles (at around 70k car miles, I'm at 77k now).

Saw tons of bimmers up there, nice drive. Unfortunately, my crew (zr1 in front, 718 gts 4.0 in the middle, me 3rd) were joined by an m3/m4 (only saw it in my rear view) who ran with us for about 15 minutes. We came around a corner, zr1 slammed it's breaks, so did the porsche and me. M3 guy went around us on a passing lane, not noticing the cop we all braked for. Poor guy was the last in the group, only because we don't drive at anything above 7/10ths up there (please don't kill cyclists!!), and was the only one to get ticketed. If you see this, sorry bud!