Tires

What tires should I get for my 135i
      10-03-2020, 03:03 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

The best all around tires are the Michelin SuperSports and Michelin 4S if you mean summer tires. They are both great if price doesn't matter to you.

If you want the best value summer tire I highly recommend the Firestone Indy 500. I replaced my Michelin SuperSports on my 330i ZHP and they are excellent. In Europe these were a Bridgestone and rebranded here as Firestone. They are an excellent summer tire and 40% less than the Michelins.

I live in SoCal and use all season tires on my GTI since we drive it to the mountains sometimes but we get to see very little cold weather so take that into account.

If you are asking about all season, I have tried the Michelin AS3 and while it had more grip than the Continental DWS, I found it noisy. I have tried the new Continental DWS06 and it is also a little noisier than the previous DWS but with better traction and not as noisy as the AS3. So for all season, I would try the DWS 06.

Finally, you are in the 1M section, you will get more results in the 135i section as there are more 135i and people than 1M people. But as you can see from my response you really need to give more information. Is your car stock or modified. Do you live in cold weather hot weather both. Do you want all season or summer tires. Price don't matter, or value for the money. you want 35K out of rears or OK with 20-25K miles per set of rears?

But for sure if you want the best value for the money in a Summer tire the Indy 500 is it. It's good in wet and dry. It's about 98% of the Michelin. They are a little vague when brand new but after about 1K miles they sharpen up. The Michelin's sharpen up quickly and turn in a little crisper but other than than that, they don't turn in 40% crisper, nor 20%, maybe 5% crisper.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes.

The If you just want the best all around despite price.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 06:44 PM   #3
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
I have 4 BMWs with DWS/DWS-06 Contis, and one with DW. I don't know any other tire that works as well on these cars. They are my choice for the money, and without considering cost. A great all-around tire.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #4
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
I have 4 BMWs with DWS/DWS-06 Contis, and one with DW. I don't know any other tire that works as well on these cars. They are my choice for the money, and without considering cost. A great all-around tire.
In my E90 I wanted a "performance all-season" for summer use. Installed the Goodyear Exhilarate. I much prefer them over the much older DWS06, and A/S3+. Wish I had waited till the Michelin All-Season Sport4 came out though. My 1er is getting PS4S.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 01:42 AM   #5
Swedberg
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 | BMW 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raularango

What tires should I get for my 135i

Hi,

I would choose Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D. Or there's an alternative > all season tires: Nokian WR-G2. Anyway, the best set is a set of 17 inch wheels and tires, if you take official BMW recommendations. + mind the proper TPMS.

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 05:33 PM   #6
iDontRemember
Ding Dong!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I’ve had the Indy 500s on a couple cars. For a daily driver, I’d also say they are great. I wish they came in the sizes I want.
Appreciate 1
nachob2312.00