BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
Window Regulator Went Out

Well, I got in my car this morning to go to work and when I closed the door the window rolled itself down. Now it won't roll up and makes a nasty grinding noise.

This of course had to happen when I just started raining, so it's not something I can just live with. Luckily it wasn't raining at the moment, so I brought the car to the dealer. I guess they have to order the part, so I'll be without my car for at least today and most of tomorrow (they said the part should come in tomorrow morning). I guess they can't give me a loaner either because I'm not 24 (I turn 24 in 2 weeks, crap).

BTW, I didn't have the chance to remove anything, so we'll see what they think of the car.

Has anyone else had a regulator fail? Also, is this whole must be 24 for a loaner thing true?
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
shodanusmc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135 Vert

I had the rear passanger side regulator replaced....Naturally it took 2 days to get the part in.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Lexington
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Blue Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by shodanusmc View Post
I had the rear passanger side regulator replaced....Naturally it took 2 days to get the part in.
?
      10-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
tcd223
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 LeMans 135i

Garage List
2010 135i  [7.00]
Quote:
I guess they can't give me a loaner either because I'm not 24 (I turn 24 in 2 weeks, crap).

I was in a similar situation when I needed to have my steering column replaced and a new CCC put in. They were going to have the car for about 5 days and they got me an Enterprise rental. It was like a sick joke though, I ended up in a 2010 mustang v6.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
Well they got the part in today, but it turns out they haven't done this on a 1 series before and they need a special tool. It's been order and should show up tomorrow.

BTW, I've gotten lots of comments about the car. Stuff like, "are those stock turbos, it's really loud?" I replied with yes those are stock, I just put on an exhaust.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0