ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@PSI View Post
Thanks for the repost, that's us!
I want one and am sending a PM to get total price with shipping to Chile.

Just to make sure; we are talking about the 1M ic that was highlighted in this earlier post of a member here, aren't we?

"Papi: just keep in mind if you go with the Forge, def specify the 1M! They have a different version for the 1M which sadly is a bit more pricey than their N54 generic one, you want the former for no cutting/trimming, if you get the N54 'generic' you'll need to do some trimming. I'm heavily leaning towards Forge given the reviews and seeing its fabrication/craftsmanship, all others that require no cutting seem to scream a bit of Made in China to me... Let me know if it is something you wanna do soon, maybe we can bundle an order and get better pricing."
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #69
///MbmC
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1 series M coupe Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MbmC View Post
Just had my Forge FMIC installed today And then a dyno run right after the install. My dyno numbers look lower than I'd expect, but there was a gain of 35bhp and about 25Nm at the crank. The car definitely feels more powerful, and boost is more consistennt. I also have JB4 on Map 6, Akrapovic slip-on and N55 midpipes. Have been monitoring IATs on JB4 hijacking the oil temp gauge, IATs have dropped 15C, consistent with what Aussie found. The air temps are about 34C where I live right now!
Thanks for posting ! It is a bit difficult to read though: what gain could you expect from the intercooler alone ?
Sorry about the poor picture quality!

The gains of about 35bhp and 25Nm were made with the intercooler being the only part that was swapped. That's with the JB4 on Map 6.

I wouldn't know how much the intercooler would make if everything else was stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #70
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I want one and am sending a PM to get total price with shipping to Chile.

Just to make sure; we are talking about the 1M ic that was highlighted in this earlier post of a member here, aren't we?

"Papi: just keep in mind if you go with the Forge, def specify the 1M! They have a different version for the 1M which sadly is a bit more pricey than their N54 generic one, you want the former for no cutting/trimming, if you get the N54 'generic' you'll need to do some trimming. I'm heavily leaning towards Forge given the reviews and seeing its fabrication/craftsmanship, all others that require no cutting seem to scream a bit of Made in China to me... Let me know if it is something you wanna do soon, maybe we can bundle an order and get better pricing."
Yes, that is the product the group buy is for, the 1M/N55 335i intercooler from Forge.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #71
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post

Thats not the GB T was starting
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #72
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Well you can do what all the young boy races over here do and remove the honeycomb grill or if you want people to know Forge also can spray the front with FORGE like they do for a number of ic's, myself personally I prefer to keep it on the downlow
No I definitely want to keep the grill in. I like the grill, it gives it a finished look and I dont want logos sprayed on my FMIC (I dont like that aftermarket look). I just like a big beefy chunk of aluminum filling the lower bumper space.

Thanks for the pics though
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #73
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
Just signed up for the GB, price is great, we need 7 more folks (there were 5 or so folks here in this thread alone), so jump on the Forge/PSI express guys!
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #74
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Thats not the GB T was starting
A-, I didn't start up the GB because the PSI guys are able to get better pricing than I was likely to ever muster. So I am gonna jump on their offer.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #75
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
A-, I didn't start up the GB because the PSI guys are able to get better pricing than I was likely to ever muster. So I am gonna jump on their offer.
And the price can get even better than that if there will be at least 15 people in...they say!
Appreciate 0