BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-02-2023, 03:29 PM   #1
McDucked
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1 Series E87

Door not unlocking..

About a week ago I was going to my car like usual unlocking it with the key fob (all works well),
went for a 5min drive to some place, locked it. Upon returning, the car didn’t unlock and I didn’t think much just got the physical key and opened it and drove off.
Got back home and it locked with the fob, no problems. Some days later it did not unlock with the fob as well…
and for the past few days it was like a randomizer.
Sometimes it unlocked and sometimes it did not(But the locking with the fob worked every time). (All this time i did not need to open other 3 doors)
Then when i did need to open other doors I realised none of doors are unlocking. I dug deeper.
While listening and trying to unlock/lock the doors (with the key fob, central locking button), only when locking the car it makes a sound. I read tons of forums and the answer is either, not sure, dont care, needing to change #57 fuse to 20a
or changing actuators. I did check the fuses and it seemed to be fine. The actuators on the other hand… It might be, but shoot me if i am not understanding
but I am unable to believe that ALL of the actuators died at the SAME time???????
(Trying to open passenger doors from the inside isn’t working. Only the driver doors, which can be unlocked with physical key from the outside and when in the car from inside handle, but not the central locking).
I was thinking that it might be the comfort block(if that is how its called), maybe somebody has suggestions on what could it be or if i should just play the guesssing game and change one actuator and see if it works, if not the comfort block?
P.s. i had a chance to check my cars errors and one popped up named a0b2, but to my understanding just because it is linked to (CAS-Car Access System) it does not necessarily mean that it is the CAS or is it? It is E87 2004 no comfort package
Appreciate 0