BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
PeterY
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Graphite E92 335i N54 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Smile FS: 6HP21 Automatic Transmission to suit 135i/335i

Selling my 6HP21 Automatic Transmission that came off my own meticulously maintained 335i.

Works and shifts great, watch the videos posted below to get an idea on the transmission behavior and shift quality.

Price: $700
Freight: happy to ship at buyer's expense

Quick pointers:

-Has 199,XXXkm on it, removed off the car last weekend for the manual conversion.

-Has xHP Stage 3 flash tune installed on it, xHP Stage 3 is worth $300 alone. Youíre really only paying $400 for this transmission. (I updated to the latest Stage 3 version before removing the box off the car).

-Serviced three times throughout its life (roughly every 60,000km), regardless of what BMW says about the auto transmission fluid being lifetime, Iíve consistently replaced the fluid on my transmission (Check photos). Adaptations were always reset after every service and the re-adapting procedure followed as per BMW ISTA instructions.

-Only ZF LifeGuard 6 Genuine transmission fluid used (equivalent to Genuine BMW ATF2). Around $350 for a fill of the genuine fluid. (Check photos)

-Every time the transmission was serviced, the pan and built-in filter were replaced with ZF Genuine filter kit. (Check photos)

-The 4 rubber sleeves and the plastic adapter that sit under the valvebody have been replaced at around 131,000km, this required the oil pan and valvebody to be removed. (Check photos)

-Mechatronic sleeve and oil pan with gasket have all been replaced, the transmission doesnít leak any fluid.

-Never been to the drags, never been launched hard. Maybe brake boosted twice before, but thatís about it. I am not into straight line stuff, I am more of a handling/circuit type car enthusiast.

LASTLY, this should be great for people that hit the drags often in case they need a spare automatic transmission or torque converter. You could also rebuild it with heavy duty steel clutches and a valvebody seal kit to handle more power. The transmission shifts great as it is now and doesnít require a rebuild, but if youíre going to target big power on aftermarket twins, it would be a good idea to rebuild it with stronger components before putting in the car.

Seal kit:

https://www.sonnax.com/parts/3053-zip-kit

Steel clutch kit (fiber clutches are another option):

https://www.thectsc.com/products/ste...21x-68-43.html

Complete overhaul kit:

https://www.thectsc.com/products/ove...21x-66-43.html

Video 1: Manual shifting, full throttle, changing gears at ~4,000rpm (thatís where peak torque is, stresses transmission the most).

Video 2: Manual shifting, low throttle input, changing gears at ~2,200rpm

Video 3: Drive Mode, about 50% throttle

Video 4: Kickdown while cruising on the fwy, transmission is responsive on the xHP Stage 3 tune, will downshift immediately.

Pictures:

Sparkling Metallic Graphite 335i Coupe 6MT (Build Thread) | MHD Stage 2+ | Wagner EVO2 FMIC | ÷hlins R&T coilovers with 7/12 Swift springs | Dinan Camber Plates | Rear HardRace full ball-jointed toe arms, upper camber arms and guide rods | Front M3 control arms with Monoballs ball-joints | E93 M3 Front & Rear Sway Bars | Nolathane rear subframe bushings | HEL Performance SS braided brake lines | 19" BMW 313 Rims | M3 Steering Wheel | CIC+Combox retrofit
Appreciate 0