BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #89
Lima
vorsprung durch technik
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY10 Audi S3

Nice work Steve, that trophy thing is one for the pool room, congrats.
      06-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #90
MGL9X
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW 1M (at last!)

Saw (didn't touch honest!) your car Steve at Auto Classic last Saturday. Absolutely gorgeous - definately glad I chose the AW!

My car is number 6 (out of 7 confirmed cars from AC) with no confirmed build date yet so could be waiting a long........ time?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 06:24 AM   #91
Steve Brown
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: June 2011, AW 1M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cypha View Post
Hey Steve congrautulations! I've got to wait till December for mine. Does yours have a "1 of 100" plate like the UK ones have the "1 of 450"?
Sorry about a bit of time elapsing before replying but I have been somewhat distracted by the little beast. No plaque but I got a chocolate freckle with M1 on it, some nougat and a nutty bar thing plus the rather nice glass trophy saying that I have the first 1M in Australia...no expense spared here in WA. On more technical matters I just love the Harman Kardon sound system and the iDrive. I've taken a few folks for a drive now and each of them has suffered from the "you are going too fast" giggles. The Healey 3000 exhaust note is also a bit of a shock for passengers as most cars nowadays are pretty silent. The raunchy noise seems to add to the perception of excessive velocity being reached in too short a time.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #92
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

One 7 hour drive and One sleep to go before the MOne....

Any Melbournians want to see it before it leaves the southern state are more than welcome, we pick it up around 11:30 at Melbourne BMW Southbank.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #93
Lima
vorsprung durch technik
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
One 7 hour drive and One sleep to go before the MOne....

Any Melbournians want to see it before it leaves the southern state are more than welcome, we pick it up around 11:30 at Melbourne BMW Southbank.

Cheers
Good luck!
      06-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #94
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Got it! Awesome! Photos up tonight, if we (she) stop driving round Melbourne haha

If you haven't ordered one do it!

Oh yeh, Way drove it first, as promised.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #95
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

This car drives good. I like. Feels more eager than the M3 both because of low down torque and what feels like quicker steering rack (which I don't think it is but feels like it). It felt very natural to me to drive it even though it was only for 5 mins and around the block. Sounds good in the car too.

Thanks John and Dianne for the first drive even before the owner!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #96
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Congrats Alpine! That's awesome - can't wait to see the pictures!
      06-10-2011, 12:37 AM   #97
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

Congrats Alpine.
You'll very quickly find that this is two cars in one. Actually I reckon it's three cars in one.
Clark Kent Car ..perfectly suited to around town shopping trips with none of the drama you have to tolerate from some performance cars.
Clark Kent doing superman stuff when no ones watching car .... a quick response performance machine with very high levels of acceleration and handling without having to resort to buttons and menus.
Then it can be... SUPERCAR. Press M button, select level of bravery on MDM and unleash.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #98
Lima
vorsprung durch technik
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Got it! Awesome! Photos up tonight, if we (she) stop driving round Melbourne haha

If you haven't ordered one do it!

Oh yeh, Way drove it first, as promised.

Congrats guys.
      06-10-2011, 01:14 AM   #99
Lima
vorsprung durch technik
Australia
Rep

John, you were spotted.
      06-10-2011, 01:48 AM   #100
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Congrats on the car, Should have come past, we had 7 135i's here today...incredible.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 02:22 AM   #101
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

gratz john!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 06:50 AM   #102
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Congrats John...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #103
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Well Where to Start!!!

First let me say that BMW Melbourne Southbank, in particular Chris Mayes, went to a lot of trouble to make the event special and memorable for both Dianne and I.

The Car was Presented to Dianne (the Lucky New owner) in their Rear reception Area surrounded by tyres, chequered flags, a winners Podium and on the floor the Car was Sat in a Grid Position Number 1, of course. They had Marketing overload with a Professional photographer Shooting Lots of angles of the Car and the delivery handover. Bravo and cheers to BMW Melbourne, I have taken delivery of alot of Cars, Some more expensive but none so well or so special!

The Car:
Stunning colour, more so IMO than the VO (sorry guys), in Alpine White, and, amazingly Next to my Car it IS a brighter White, go figure (Maybe I have washed the M3 too much hahahaha).

Masculine, taught and aggressive all at once, the bulging at each corner stance through the oversized 19's (Can't wait to Test the 20's off the M3 ) is very pleasing to the eye, and not just ours, as we drive off through the CBD to St Kilda for a Late Lunch crawling in Traffic with neighbouring Cars literally gawking from all angles.

How does it feel, a strange word I admit, but "crisp" comes to mind immediately as I hit the magic ONE start button. Engine cold she is rough as, in a aurally sensuous kind of way. To be honest it does feel firm on the streets of sunny Melbourne, moreso than the M3 in soft Mode, a trade off I assume of none of the added gadgetry from the M3's Dynamic systems adjustability.

The drive was very brief, the traffic shite so the opportunity to give it was not really an option, unfortunately. What I can say is that it is definately more aurally pleasurable than a stock 135i, as one would hope and expect of the M1. The Feeling of the steering wheel was scarily familiar to the M3. There was a chance, brief but opportune, I push the pedal and BANG what a rush, something the M3 could not compare too!

Hopefully tomorrow I we will get a chance to Explorer the Car a Little more, assuming I am offered the chance by the new owner

Photos to come.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #104
E92325i
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Quote:
Well Where to Start!!!

First let me say that BMW Melbourne Southbank, in particular Chris Mayes, went to a lot of trouble to make the event special and memorable for both Dianne and I.

The Car was Presented to Dianne (the Lucky New owner) in their Rear reception Area surrounded by tyres, chequered flags, a winners Podium and on the floor the Car was Sat in a Grid Position Number 1, of course. They had Marketing overload with a Professional photographer Shooting Lots of angles of the Car and the delivery handover. Bravo and cheers to BMW Melbourne, I have taken delivery of alot of Cars, Some more expensive but none so well or so special!

The Car:
Stunning colour, more so IMO than the VO (sorry guys), in Alpine White, and, amazingly Next to my Car it IS a brighter White, go figure (Maybe I have washed the M3 too much hahahaha).

Masculine, taught and aggressive all at once, the bulging at each corner stance through the oversized 19's (Can't wait to Test the 20's off the M3 ) is very pleasing to the eye, and not just ours, as we drive off through the CBD to St Kilda for a Late Lunch crawling in Traffic with neighbouring Cars literally gawking from all angles.

How does it feel, a strange word I admit, but "crisp" comes to mind immediately as I hit the magic ONE start button. Engine cold she is rough as, in a aurally sensuous kind of way. To be honest it does feel firm on the streets of sunny Melbourne, moreso than the M3 in soft Mode, a trade off I assume of none of the added gadgetry from the M3's Dynamic systems adjustability.

The drive was very brief, the traffic shite so the opportunity to give it was not really an option, unfortunately. What I can say is that it is definately more aurally pleasurable than a stock 135i, as one would hope and expect of the M1. The Feeling of the steering wheel was scarily familiar to the M3. There was a chance, brief but opportune, I push the pedal and BANG what a rush, something the M3 could not compare too!

Hopefully tomorrow I we will get a chance to Explorer the Car a Little more, assuming I am offered the chance by the new owner

Photos to come.
Congratulations AlpineM3E92. Enjoy it in good health

Would love to see the photo's especially with the painted wheels
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #105
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Well Where to Start!!!

The Car:

Photos to come.
Very happy for you and Dianne! These are special moments, nothing like that new car smell on day one.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #106
lavaletta
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 04 3.0i Z4; 09 135i; VO 1M

Congratulations Alpine!! Welcome aboard!! You're going to love every moment in it, I guarantee it!!
      06-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #107
lavaletta
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 04 3.0i Z4; 09 135i; VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazz View Post
Congrats Alpine.
You'll very quickly find that this is two cars in one. Actually I reckon it's three cars in one.
Clark Kent Car ..perfectly suited to around town shopping trips with none of the drama you have to tolerate from some performance cars.
Clark Kent doing superman stuff when no ones watching car .... a quick response performance machine with very high levels of acceleration and handling without having to resort to buttons and menus.
Then it can be... SUPERCAR. Press M button, select level of bravery on MDM and unleash.
I couldn't agree more Gazz!!
      06-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #108
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Congrats Alpine! Been a long time coming my friend! Enjoy it and drive safe. Best of luck to the actual new owner too!
      06-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #109
NPVPositive
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Congats Alpine! After all the waiting and all the ups and downs it's fantastic that we finally both have our AW monsters.

Clarkson on the 1M
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #110
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Wait till you guys see Alpine's wife's beast with the black wheels!
Appreciate 0