E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > MEMBER TEST DRIVES

04-12-2005, 05:34 PM   #23
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
thedocmoz, the stability system only cuts in when you are doing seriously wild manoeuvres. Didn't feel the system at all on the race track and I really had the throw the car around on the skidpan to feel it cut in, but once it cuts in you certainly notice that power is taken away from you.

You can turn off traction control with the button on the dash. If you hold it down for a further 5 secs all of the stability and safety systems are turned off and the car becomes a wild animal that just wants to be thrashed - the 330i certainly!

Don't worry, you can have all the fun you want with the E90.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2005, 05:55 PM   #24
BMWAustin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Good write up beauforty. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #25
kchika
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Evo, E46 M3

Thanks for the write-up, black is growing on me!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2005, 03:55 PM   #26
bozo5521
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04/E53/X5/3.0/PP

thank you for those write ups guys!! and just for the record, i am so jealous!! BTW, as I wrote in another thread today, i went to my dealer today to order some clear turn lenses for my E90 coming next week. To my disappointment, I was told that unlike the previous models, E46, etc..the lenses themselves can not be replaced individually..the WHOLE headlight assy has to be swapped out, and each one is 396 bucks!! I was desperate, so I ordered some anyway..But if there are any like me out there and cant wait to get you some, email me and we can work out the details and I can send you some...

Oh yeah..That black Sapphire is out of control...3 coats of Zaino Z5, 6 and 7, and You might as put it on the mantlepiece....
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 07:47 AM   #27
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

As US dealers will be receiving their demo/test drive cars this week, if anyone would like to share their experience and/or photos with us, please feel free to post it here.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 10:50 AM   #28
bozo5521
First Lieutenant
Rep

Just got off the phone with one of the dealers here to schedule a test drive. Turns out, she lives 3 doors down from me! So she is bringing the car home Saturday (30 Apr)for me to have for one hour.

Ill be sure to take pics and post my impressions, although I have to say Ill be a bit biased....
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 12:32 PM   #29
a3ndy
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 330i SE

Garage List
2006 330i SE  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozo5521
I have to say Ill be a bit biased....
Just a little bit, of course. Have fun with it. I had 45 mins and no salesperson - extra bonus
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 01:33 PM   #30
KUweatherman
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Civic Si

Called the local BMW dealership (where I've previously worked too mind you ) and they said they should be getting their demo cars in around Wednesday. I'm going to go do my test drive either Thursday or Friday. Once I get back, I'll try to add my own little write up.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 03:17 PM   #31
bozo5521
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3ndy
Just a little bit, of course. Have fun with it. I had 45 mins and no salesperson - extra bonus
Wow. No salesperson? Here in the UK, they keep you on a leash and a timer..Hopefully shes not too bad..

Hey KU, you used to work at a BMW dealer? Hook us up!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 03:41 PM   #32
a3ndy
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i SE  [0.00]
Quote:
Wow. No salesperson? Here in the UK, they keep you on a leash and a timer..Hopefully shes not too bad..

Bozo, I am in the UK.... It just happens that I wanted to test drive an automatic, and this one was already regsitered and was driven by the top exec. Therefore no need to have those test drive number plates.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #33
bozo5521
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3ndy
Bozo, I am in the UK.... It just happens that I wanted to test drive an automatic, and this one was already regsitered and was driven by the top exec. Therefore no need to have those test drive number plates.
HAHA!! I get it! Its because Im a Yank!! No, the lady does seem very nice, and I think she just wanted to make sure I wouldn't take the car on the other side of the road..Which I have done in my LHD E46..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 03:50 PM   #34
a3ndy
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i SE  [0.00]
Quote:
HAHA!! I get it! Its because Im a Yank!! No, the lady does seem very nice, and I think she just wanted to make sure I wouldn't take the car on the other side of the road..Which I have done in my LHD E46..

Haaaaa hahaa
definitely may be... remember Bozo, keep to the left.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 04:35 PM   #35
KUweatherman
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Doubt that would do anyone any good seeing as how I was only the New Car Sales Porter. It was nice getting to drive bimmers that had all 0's across the odometer though.

I seriously cant wait to test drive this car!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2005, 10:11 PM   #36
sushi-x
Rep
Drives: E90 soon

Someone must have test drove by now? I'm seeing pics of the cars at the dealers today.. Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #37
DStern127
Rep
Drives:

My Test Drive

Hi everyone.
Today I test drove a Jet Black 325i with premium package. It had beige interior and wood trim. No sport package, no cold weather. I really liked the Jet Black -- it looked stellar. The car was an automatic -- they didnt have the manuals ready for test drive yet.

Anyway, the interior seemed very spacious, in all seats -- i sat in the back to test it out. Everything in the interior is perfectly placed the radio worked very well. No Logic 7 though which was annoying. The Start/Stop button is a little on the different side, but very cool -- will take some getting used to. The blinker is a bit odd in that you just tap it to change lanes and it blinks three times and then shuts off automatically and to keep it on for a whole turn you push harder.

I drove the car for about 25 minutes with the dealer. It was awesome. So quiet -- insanely quiet actually. So smooth. Handled like a dream. And I was flying down the GW Parkway in Northern Virginia, looked at my speedometer and realized I was going 70, felt like 25 to me .

I think that's all for now. I asked and the fuel is 21 29 and is a 14 gallon tank.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2005, 09:31 AM   #38
WeißerPfeil
LausBub
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08-335i-Coupe

Hi everyone,
My name is Soheil. I am living in MD/D.C. area. I have been following this forum since the beginning, but this is my first posting! Right now I am driving a 02-330i-step. I just wanted to let you guys know that last night I test drove 2 E90 330i –manual & automatic (Silver/SP- back to back, and of course alone. My good friend @ VOB (Rockville-MD) Tony Jazdy is always helpful in this respect. I didn’t want to take pics, because we all have seen them. Seeing the car on pics, I did HATE the back end design, but seeing it life, I now just do NOT like it!! The car IS really more impressive, wide, some how aggressive and BMW-like in person. I was positively surprised last night. The silver one w/ SP looks very nice. (I’d like to see the Alpine White in person) The interior looks more specious, quiet, simple and some how better built than E46. (I think with my 5’3” height even mini feels specious!) Just after 5 years of driving automatic in the US, I don’t know why I did not like the manual! (Please don’t hate me! – I used to drive in 12 million population city (Tehran) w/ manual) On the other hand I was impressed w/ 6-speed step. It looked to me to be more responsive in low rpm and w/ more hp it was really different than my 02-step, more fun to drive!? I didn’t like the “tool box” new location! The trunk seemed to me not much bigger than E46’s. The door gates are designed wider. Some one wrote before that the new car still feels like a BMW and that is true. The steering is very responsive and the wheel is really nicer and feels much better. I think it is even smaller (diameter-wise) now. The ride on SP wasn’t that smooth although it looked great. (Again I don’t have sp on my 02) It is noticeably faster than E46 and the seat holds you really nicely, comfortably and tight.
You know all about the blinker (indicators) function. I found a switch on the top, in the glove box, which locks & unlocks the truck!? The Xenon lights are as always a delight and much impressive now. I personally like the car and BMW did a good job (despite the back end and dash design). You can see the improvement right away and E90 really makes the E46 looks old! I am waiting for the coupe and I hope that BMW revise/improve the back end design. Sorry for bad English! Good day!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2005, 06:12 PM   #39
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Thanks for the detailed reviews DStern and WeißerPfeil! This helps hold people over until they get their own test drives.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2005, 06:27 PM   #40
KUweatherman
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Took my test drive in a 330i w/ 6speed today and there is only one word to describe the car: Wow.

I got out afterwards giggling like a school girl. The third gear on this car is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2005, 07:01 PM   #41
robertb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

The button to open the trunk is on the side (A pillar) just under the dash where it is on the e46. The trunk switch in the glovebox turns off the electric trunk release so that the trunk button on the A pillar and the trunk button on the keyfob are effectively deactivated. That allows you to turn off the trunk release, then lock the glovebox using the regular glovebox/trunk key that is stored in the electronic key fob, giving the electronic key to a valet, and then walking away with just the regular key knowing the valet can't get into your glovebox or trunk.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2005, 10:05 PM   #42
Wildcat Jon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I test drove the SG 330i today, no navi, auto, black interior with burl, non sport. It was very cloudy in Cincy today with light rain, and the SG looked pretty good. Not much of the rumored purple tint. I'll venture back when the sun is out. I also saw a black 325 nonsport on the showroom floor and the wheels make a HUGE difference in the look. The std. 325 wheels and tires look terrible. That said, the std. 330i looked very sharp, and much bigger than I anticipated. The SG was sitting near a black E46 and looked much larger. They also had a TiSilver, stick, poplar, black interior, no navi, sport. It looked absolutely gorgeous. Almost took my breath to be honest with you. I didn't drive that one, but it looked awesome. The Tisilver was sitting facing out right next to a black 530i, and amazingly, the width of the cars was VERY similar. The length of the 530i was obviously longer and the rear larger, but the width of the cars was very similar. Amazing.

Anyway, the logic 7 was a huge improvement over past bimmer stereos. I think it is a must. The driving mechanics were also awesome, although the roads were wet and I couldn't/didn't want to push it much. ****pit seemed a little smaller than I anticipated, but the back seat room was a bit larger than the e46. Trunk was bigger than the e46 but not as large as it looks from the outside.

In all, a great experience. However, I would NOT get less than 17 inch wheels on this car. The small wheels make the car look terrible. But, take heart, with the sport wheels, the car looks AWESOME.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2005, 12:45 AM   #43
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Went and test drove a 330i 6spd today after test driving a G35 coupe 6spd just a little prior to that. I have to repeat the cliche that tons of other people have said, this IS the Ultimate Driving Machine.

I was originally aiming for a 05 330ci ZHP, but according to almost every dealership in California, it will take at least 3 months. Either way, make a long story short, I narrowed it down to G35 coupe or 330i. Not the exact same class I know, but anyways...

I always liked Nissan/Infiniti, and the 298hp 6spd sounded juicy. I really didn't want to wait 2 months for the BMW, so as I was leaving the Infiniti dealer, I told my friend, if the bimmer is only marginally better, then I'll get the G35... 30 seconds into the test drive of the 330i, I turned to my friend in the backseat and told him, forget the G35. The extra 43 hp rating was left far behind as soon as the throttle was opened on the 330i. Then the sales guy took me driving on what he calls the "BMW trail". A winding road with good scenary in San Mateo that I never knew existed, and it was right behind my apartment (of course I've only lived here for 1 month). I felt like those guys in car commercials.

Smooth as silk have to be the best way to describe it, and I'll just leave it at that. I really don't know what other ways to describe it. Placing the order tomorrow - Black Sapphire Metalic, black leather, navigation, sports package.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2005, 02:59 AM   #44
ziv
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i, SG, Sport

First E90 ED Test Drive in Germany

Check out my full review here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ted=1#post3612

Last edited by ziv; 05-04-2005 at 03:09 AM.. Reason: not enough info
Appreciate 0