BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-27-2023, 12:26 PM   #199
Spence90
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimund View Post
I would not run it cut open without a tune. Even the n54im needs a lot of changes to run optimally, while still retaining the throttle body.

If you end up deciding to get a tune, the 22RPD Stage 1 is for stock exhaust manifolds, and the Stage 2 is for headers. However, there is only a $50 upgrade fee to go from 1 to 2, so you don't need to repurchase should you change your mind.

To answer your second question, there would not be a throttle body failsafe running velocity stacks in this manner. The only way to retain throttle bodies afaik is to run an adapter plate for S54 ITBS and then make them work with the stock DME or a standalone ECU.
This is all music to my ears so I need decide whether to chop my 3Sim or n54 manifold which is sat in the garage. Or wait see if you can find an optimal length with a proper trumpet. I'm already subscribed to your YouTube so so I'll keep an eye out for any more development if you don't piston here.
Think I'd want a kill switch to look at for reassurance though
Appreciate 0