BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Baby's stronger than ever, yet still going back to the dealer

Here's a recap of what was fixed on my car when I got it back today....

CUSTOMER STATES TURBOS DO NOT WORK

"Verify customer concern, found fault code 30FF turbo charger air pressure too low. As per test plan check all lines and connections for air system. As per shop foreman replace both vacuum lines going to both front and rear turbo wastegates due to being pinched in between hold down clamps. Loosen clamps and reinstall hoses. Clear fault memory and road test vehicle. Check engine light came back on. As per foreman smoke test all parts of system. During smoke test found smoke coming out of the solenoid for the rear wastegate. Order part. Replace solenoid (pressure converter) for rear wastegate alongside cylinder head. Road test 10 miles while hitting boost multiple times. No check engine light."

Car runs STRONG, IMO, might even be stronger than when I first got it. I was amazed with how hard it pulled, even stock. I am almost mad that I might have been running underboosted for a very long time, possibly since I got the car, as per the SA's findings.

Now I have to go back for a squeaky steering wheel, it's to the point of annoyance. The problem occurred when I was parallel parking and I noticd a very annoying squeak coming from the wheel. I could probably get under there and spray WD40 all over the joint and make the problem go away, but that's beside the point. I shouldn't have to do that!!!!!!!!

How annoying. I swear, if my HPFP goes out on top of all this for a second time, BMW NA is going to be getting an angry call from me very soon. Being something along the lines of a supervisor in Customer Service, I don't yell, but I will vent a little.
      09-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #2
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

damn!. hope thiis doesnt happen to me if it hasnt allready. But my car has always pulled hard.. And i will be getting a boost gauge soon. Do you let your car sit for long periods of time not being ran? just a silly question.
Appreciate 0