05-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #1
NewlyWedMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 135i

Garage List
2008 bmw 135i  [0.00]
Adaptive lighting projector headlight modification trouble...please help

good evening, I ordered new headlights and opened them in order to install different internals and noticed that my drivers side headlight projector(adaptive) doesn't move left/right like the passenger side does. Is this a software/power issue since the headlights are not connected to a power source or did I somehow manage to damage them? [IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyWedMan View Post
good evening, I ordered new headlights and opened them in order to install different internals and noticed that my drivers side headlight projector(adaptive) doesn't move left/right like the passenger side does. Is this a software/power issue since the headlights are not connected to a power source or did I somehow manage to damage them? [IMG]undefined[/IMG]
NewlyWedMan, while the 1M shares the headlights with the 135i, the 1M community is tiny compared to the 135i community. Also most 1Ms are much lower miles than 135i that went back to 2008. I personally don't use the adaptive lights. It's a gadget that will eventually break especially around town. When I was driving on narrow roads in Switzerland and Germany, I did enable them for that but not on all the time where the motors will eventually wear out. Since you went to the trouble of posting hear, I can try to help out as much as I can. We don't take our lights apart that often to replace internals not sure why you are but regardless if one is moving and the other is not, there is something wrong and probably mechanical since those motors take a beating moving while bouncing around. The key is to find out which is correct so you should put some power on them to see how they react differently. I also would copy your post to the regular 1 series forum where there are about 100 times more people than here. Best wishes!
Appreciate 0