BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
HISI808
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 128i M-Sport

Question Weird thing happened today to my stereo - it "rebooted"???

Driving into work this morning, listening to the radio, there was an audible pop through the speakers and then my stereo display went completely black, no lights, music stopped. Then about 10 seconds later, the stereo came back on again and the display was back to normal. Very weird. Has this happened to anyone else before?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

yeah this has happened on my car also...a quick "fizzle/crackle" out of the speakers and then no sound. Turned car off and pulled the key fob, then reinserted key and turned auxiliary power and it came back to life. I think temperate had something to do with it. I had the heat blasting out the front vents and had been playing the radio at higher volumes (more heat) although the volume wasn't high at the exact moment it happened. The aluminum trim on the dash was hot to the touch so I think the radio has some sort of cut off when it gets too hot in the dash.
Appreciate 0