BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #155
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
Has anyone had the Alpine kit installed in Sydney by a workshop? Can you recommend them? How much did they charge? Did they break anything?

I Want a better stereo than the pre-03/09 stereo mine has, but not interested in pulling my car to bits - I'm done with this sort of thing (unless someone has done it themselves and found easy?)
Bumping this as I still haven't found anyone to install it. I've contacted a few places but they aren't interested.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #156
GizmoOG
Registered
Rep
Drives: e81

Hello,
I have a bmw 1 series 2010 model, and it has 2 bass speakers originally installed, however there is no wiring running from the amp to the underseat sub on the passenger's side..
So I went ahead and bought this cable:

I checked all the available alpine instruction manuals (some are different) and one of the versions gave me some useful information on how to connect the central bass cable I bought:

So as far as I understand, there is currently two plugs/connectors laying somewhere near the door (x256 and pin housing G), and there are available slots for M3 and m4 to be connected to x256 and pin housing G is not connected to anything, its just an empty plug laying somewhere in the car? Where would you recommend me to look for these connectors? I am somewhat struggling to see where the connectors are supposed to be located when looking at the drawing in the alpine kit instruction manual.

And another thing while we're at it, I really think there's something wrong with either the tweeter or the door speaker on the passengers side. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it feels like it plays so much weaker compared to the other side. When I fade it to the passengers side, there is almost no bass (the very little bass coming out of the speakers sounds almost like a blown speaker, but not quite), and the higher frequencies sounds muffly and quite unclear (pretty much sounds like a lower end speaker), and it doesn't play nearly as loud as the other side. I know the bass thing is obviously because there's no underseat connected currently on the passengers side, but that does not explain why the speakers sounds so bad.

Note that one time the mid speaker stopped playing (not 100% sure but it definitely seemed like it was not playing when I took my ear next to the speaker and listened to it), so I took off the door panel and just disconnected and reconnected everything, and after that it seemed to be playing, but not as clear and loud as it should.
I tried swapping to the original paper cone door speaker, and the alpine speaker sounded little better than that, but compared to the other side, it sounded bad again.

Any idea what could possibly cause this? It doesn't sound blown so I'm pretty sure it's not that, but what else could it be?
Damn, this was longer than I expected, but I do really appreciate you taking the time to read this and all the help I can get!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #157
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoOG View Post
Hello,
I have a bmw 1 series 2010 model, and it has 2 bass speakers originally installed, however there is no wiring running from the amp to the underseat sub on the passenger's side..
I would PM Technic or VP Electricity or eeghie

And these forum members are also quite knowledgeable as well...
plasar or nato-main-man-5am

Dackel

PS: Maybe these pdf's might help you out... ?

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Audio systems_ E87, E90, E91, E92.pdf (191.5 KB, 196 views)
File Type: pdf Alpine Retrofit Kit II.pdf (1.13 MB, 197 views)
File Type: pdf Alpine_install_instructions.pdf (1.52 MB, 297 views)
File Type: pdf AlpineAmpRetrofitKit.pdf (191.6 KB, 184 views)
File Type: pdf audio_harman_kardon_bmw_1_series.pdf (597.1 KB, 199 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 02:10 AM   #158
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Has it been coded correctly after install? I know i tested mine before coding to make sure it was all connected and vaguely remeber it sounding "not quite right". After coding it was right on!

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
      10-25-2017, 12:22 AM   #159
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Hey GizmoOG, rembered theres a funny issue with the kit labelling with the door wiring. You need to do it as per install instructions and ignore the labels on the wiring, doing it as per wiring labels will give you real "tinny sounding" speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
Mine is a 2010 with CIC, and most of the so called "problems" that are reported are for CIC models or with Professional Radio (which all aussie 135s have). Most reported problems ive seen are low PDC/gong volumes after coding the 268 kit. Are there other problems i am not aware of? Theres also quite a few that have had no problems.

There is an issue with the diplexers installed in the door panels not being wired correctly. Theres a silly label on them that says "radio" on it that is actually the tweeter connector. If you wire it by what it says on the installation diagram and not by that it says on the cable, it seems to be ok. Ive read a couple of reports where people have had these hooked up the wrong way and that has been the possible cause, reconnecting them fixed the problem.

I could be quite wrong, but after just having it done it all on my own and had no problems, i find it hard to believe the stealerships would have so many problems? Did you actually run into any issues with yours or did they just take a long time to code it. I guarantee you coding it is the easiest bit (at least on NCSExper)...

Also Mornington BMW have done quite a few of these and coded on the newer kit and new cars (i spoke to them re before deicding to go it on my own) and never had a problem. Im not trying to say there are no problems whatsoever, im sure there is, but it should be rectifiable.

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
      10-25-2017, 09:27 PM   #160
imske3000
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Bumping this as I still haven't found anyone to install it. I've contacted a few places but they aren't interested.
If youre in Sydney speak to a user on here called reisf He installed my Alpine kit on my 135i in a few hours and then i took it to Advan for coding.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/member.php?u=253497
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #161
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by imske3000 View Post
If youre in Sydney speak to a user on here called reisf He installed my Alpine kit on my 135i in a few hours and then i took it to Advan for coding.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/member.php?u=253497
Ok cool. I will drop him a PM
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 06:02 AM   #162
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Ok cool. I will drop him a PM
PM replied!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #163
mipearson
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 123d

Bump-de-bump. reisf Stereo in the 123d I just picked up is better than the one in my Forester, but that's really not saying much. If I get a unit shipped from Germany, any recommendations for an installer in Melbourne, preferably in the Eastern suburbs?

Looked at the instructions on how to DIY it .. and I could probably do it, but there's a good risk I'd muck something up.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 03:16 PM   #164
The Blimp
Private
Rep
Drives: A Car

Has anyone installed this system in an E88? I have installed the door speakers etc. but can see how I can route the wiring from the amp in the boot into the cabin.

The rear seats dont drop forward and are fixed in place with no clear route for the cables to be fed through. Anyone know how to do it? The instructions dont say anything and shows only the E87/82 seats dropped forward, which doesnt help.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
      08-06-2018, 03:21 PM   #165
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blimp View Post
Has anyone installed this system in an E88? I have installed the door speakers etc. but can see how I can route the wiring from the amp in the boot into the cabin.

The rear seats dont drop forward and are fixed in place with no clear route for the cables to be fed through. Anyone know how to do it? The instructions dont say anything and shows only the E87/82 seats dropped forward, which doesnt help.

The first pdf should help you out...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Alpine_install_instructions.pdf (1.52 MB, 360 views)
File Type: pdf Alpine Retrofit Kit II.pdf (1.13 MB, 190 views)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #166
The Blimp
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The first pdf should help you out...
Thanks but I already have the instructions. The problem is that they just state to route the wiring to the front foot wells and shows a diagram of an e82 with the rear seats lowered to get access - which can't be done on e88.

There looks to be a plastic channel through which cables are already running but it seems quite tight and I can't see how I could route further cables in it - not sure where it leads either. I have the lower rear seat off but not sure if the backrest and side bolsters must also come off - doesn't make any mention in the instructions.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
      08-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #167
The Blimp
Private
Rep

So I finally got this installed and it's a decent result, nothing too flash but certainly better than stock amp/speakers.

To install on E88 it is indeed much more involved - have to remove rear seats entirely, which takes a while and quite fiddly if you haven't don't it before - I posted a thread on the diy section on where I routed the wiring -
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1522716

Hopefully if use to someone with E88 considering this
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00