BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-17-2021, 01:48 PM   #1
Rbohn1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Headlight washer delete question

Hi all,

I have a washer fluid leak coming from my driver side headlight washer nozzel on my 2012 135i with the M-sport package, and it's an issue that has plagued the car for years. I've replaced the nozzle twice already, but the damn thing just keeps leaking. I've never found the headlight washers particularly useful even when they are working properly, so rather than fixing the nozzle again, I'm thinking about deleting the entire headlight washer system. This way I would have one less thing to worry about, my car would stay cleaner, and it would shave a few pounds off the front end.

Anyways, my question is has anyone else done this? I tried searching, but everything I found basically just suggested to either cut and plug the lines going to the washers, unplug the headlight washer pump, or to pull the fuse to the pump. My plan is to remove every part of the headlight washer system all-together, but I'm just wondering what sort of complications I may run into? I know the pump can be coded out to prevent error codes, but can it be physically removed without effecting the windshield washer system? Also if you have done this, how did you go about plugging the hole in the reservoir once you removed the pump?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Rbohn1; 04-19-2021 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
N55135i269.00
      04-19-2021, 11:08 PM   #2
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
I did this when I swapped to the BMW Performance Bumper. I got ones that didn't have the cut outs because they looked better. Anyway, I coded it out using BimmerGeeks Protool. I don't remember what exactly I did but I played around with the Vehicle Order if I am remembering correctly. I'll looking into it again when I have the time. I didn't remove any of the hardware as I was afraid that things may start leaking or the problem may be bigger than I can chew.

Once those things are turned off they will clear any bumper...

This may not be the solution you are looking for but still an option to consider.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 09:48 AM   #3
amg6975
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 M1.5, '05 ZHP, '98 M3/4/5

You can't just remove the pump or there will be a hole in the washer reservoir. I removed my whole system when moving to Halogens for weight savings and just bought a washer reservoir for a 128 without headlight washing.

The whole system can be removed and coded out.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #4
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

You can put a plug in the hole for the reservoir. I deleted mine when I did my 1M front end.

This is what I used, just pulled the front pump out of the res and pushed one of these in the hole. Obviously the headlight washers have been coded out. This way the whole front washer system is physically deleted.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SharkBite-5...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
low1352211.50