BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-01-2021, 09:40 AM   #1
semeoneor
Rep
Drives: 135 m package bmw

seat color conversion

i have a e88 manual sport seat in black im trying to convert my whole interior from black to red i have manual sport seats can i use front seats from another platform ( 3 series) or can i swap my manual seats base tracks with a automatic 135 seat tracks since i dont have the wiring available for auto seats
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 04:16 PM   #2
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Can be done but why do you want auto seats? Manual sport seats are better.
      06-16-2021, 11:20 AM   #3
adeuel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Oxford Green M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post

Agreed. Just went from base 128 seats to sport e92 seats, (which were not much better), and now swapped to sport manual, heated seats with electric bolsters. Best mod ever for the driveability of this car, especially on track for more headroom.

My original seats were heated, but not bolsters. Got everything working in the e92 seats- lumbar, bolsters, etc. Would have thought heated and bolsters in new manual seats would be PNP, but no luck... neither heat nor bolsters work now in manual seats. I can't find a wiring diagram for the manual heated/bolster seats anywhere.

Can you help?

Thx.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 07:00 AM   #4
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeuel View Post
Agreed. Just went from base 128 seats to sport e92 seats, (which were not much better), and now swapped to sport manual, heated seats with electric bolsters. Best mod ever for the driveability of this car, especially on track for more headroom.

My original seats were heated, but not bolsters. Got everything working in the e92 seats- lumbar, bolsters, etc. Would have thought heated and bolsters in new manual seats would be PNP, but no luck... neither heat nor bolsters work now in manual seats. I can't find a wiring diagram for the manual heated/bolster seats anywhere.

Can you help?

Thx.
I can't. I went down the same road noticed irregularities in wiring match and decided to keep and recover my 1er sport auto seats in Napa leather. Had the bolsters and cushions repairs and enhanced too. It's amazing.

To get it working easily you need perfectly matching manual sport seats. Otherwise it's a rewiring game of mix and match with retrofitted harnesses etc. Can be done but wow not worth the PITA in my opinion.
      06-22-2021, 11:01 AM   #5
semeoneor
Rep
Drives: 135 m package bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
auto seats were just more plentiful i found red manual sport seats now i just need to sell the black seats
Appreciate 0