BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-12-2023, 10:41 PM   #1
HodgCodg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i (N55 DCT)

Exclamation N55 Long Crank Issue with Fuel code and I replaced the entire fuel system

Hi All! This is my first post here so please forgive me if I make any small errors in formatting or otherwise. I have an issue with my 2011 135i that has been bugging me consistently since I bought it 13 months ago.

Car 2011 135i DCT (3/2010 manufacturing date)

Issue: Upon start (generally after the car has sat for at least an hour) the engine sputters for approximately 2-3 second before lighting on all cylinders and firing normally. After that the car drives like new and has no issues of note. Now here is where things get interesting.

Codes:
2BDE: Fuel high pressure on enabling of injection: pressure too low
2BF0: basically the same thing but in German.
Both codes are shadow codes and return only after a long crank most commonly in the morning before work.

What I have replaced/done to try and fix this issue in order:
HPFP: Replaced with new unit from FCP which did nothing to fix it so i returned it due to cost.
HP Fuel sensor/rail sensor: replaced with bosch unit working normally. Also no change
Fuel Pressure regulator: fixed it for like a week then it returned. eventually it cracked and i replaced it a second time to stop the fuel smell in the cabin. Second unit is a brand new continental OE unit
Ignition Coils and plugs: Plugs replaced with OE bosch from FCP and coils replaced with Eldor from FCP
LPFP: replaced with siemens VDO from FCP euro. No change but lpfp whine is noticeably less
Fuel injectors (all 6): replaced with bosch units from FCP and properly coded via ISTA.

The car has 0 other engine related codes and the battery is known good. I also replaced the starter as it went out in january.

Mods the the car:
VSRF chargepipe
OEM 1M exhaust and rear bumper
MHD Stage 1 tune.

This issue was present prior to the modifications being installed including the tune and it does it with the stock tune being flashed back as well. The car drives 100% as expected after starting and I have never had this issue cause it to not start but I really don't know what else to try as in my mind I have replaced the entire fuel system with new OE components excluding the lines which are not leaking. ALL of the service has been done exactly to the ISTA service manual instructions and torque specs as to rule out any errors when servicing the car. I really would appreciate any ideas people have as the long starts drive me nuts and I just want to fix the last issue the car has. Thanks!
Appreciate 0