BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #67
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeemer View Post
I have seen the arguments about the stock (base) speaker system in other threads. I already have my 135 and I still can't tell for certain, but it appears to me that it only has 6 speakers. Where are the other two speakers in the base system located?
The obvious difference between base and Hi-fi are the tweeters in each door inside from the wing mirrors. If you have them, then you have two in each door, two under the seats, and four in the rear ( two Dual cones). If there are no tweeters at the top of the door , then you have 6, one in each door, two under the seat, and two in the rear (2 single cones). Beyond that there is no easy way to tell if you have Premium beyond HiFi, other than to see if the Logic 7 options show up in the HU or iDrive.
      08-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #68
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrons1969 View Post
The obvious difference between base and Hi-fi are the tweeters in each door inside from the wing mirrors. If you have them, then you have two in each door, two under the seats, and four in the rear ( two Dual cones). If there are no tweeters at the top of the door , then you have 6, one in each door, two under the seat, and two in the rear (2 single cones). Beyond that there is no easy way to tell if you have Premium beyond HiFi, other than to see if the Logic 7 options show up in the HU or iDrive.
in the US, the base one comes with 10 speakers. they save the low grade 6 speaker ones for other markets.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #69
uofmtiger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surname View Post
Whatever you youngsters do with your car 'audio' is your affair as every new day presents us with fresh choices, but, I'm beggin' ya', please don't play your car 'audio' too damn loud when you drive through my neighborhood. For blocks around you're broadcasting nuthin' but bass with nobody in appreciation of your taste in hip-hop. Thank you.

Let the flames begin...
You MUST be a member over at Audiokarma? Nice setup!

Forgot to mention, this is one of the few sites that I have seen Bose and audiophile setups mentioned in the same context...interesting
Appreciate 0