BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
spieldawg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

The Rooster Challenge... Spring Chicken

Hey Guys just wanted to post this up, if you guys are interested in a fun event, to raise funds for breast cancer research.... I did this last fall as it was their first event, and it was a blast!!!

The Rooster Challenge is an organization, whose main goal is to raise money for and help create awareness for breast cancer research. We put on road rallies and other auto related events with the car enthusiast in mind. Our events do their best to appeal to all walks of life; from soccer moms in mini vans to gearheads in blown big block muscle cars. On this page you will always find the upcoming Rooster Challenge event. We try to put on at least 2 events per year, with some small get-togethers in between if there's interest. Check out the current upcoming event below.

Spring 2011 Event - The Spring Chicken, Hunt For The Cure

Date / Time - The Chicken will run over May 6th and 7th. The event will begin at 8:00 pm on Friday night and finish up on Saturday evening at 6:00 pm, with mingling and partying afterwards.

Location - The start, finish and any other festivities of the event will be at the Red 9 Fabrication & Speed shop. Address is 935 2nd Avenue, Dayton KY 41074.

Price - $50 pre-reg, $75 day of (stupid cheap price for a ton of fun!)

Event Details - This spring's event is going to be scavenger hunt style. Your 2-man team will have 22 hours to get as many points as possible. Points are gained by checking things off of the official list. The list is made up of a combination of photos opps, trivia questions, and physical items to hunt down. The photo opps portion will require your team to get a picture of your team car and/or rally towel in front of a certain landmark, or doing some sort of stunt. For example: A photo of your team in front of the Cincinnati Museum Center. Or, a photo of your team car inside a freight elevator. Points per item will be based on the difficulty or distance of the photo opp. The trivia portion is just that; obscure auto/cincinnati related questions. For example; What does BMW stand for? Points again based on difficulty to find these answers. The physical items portion is just what it sounds like. Your team will be looking for certain items that you will have to bring back to the finish line with you. Some will be GPS coordinate related, others will be hard to find obscure items. Points again based on the difficulty in finding the items. Teams will be judged and points will be tallied at the end of the event. The winner is the team that gets the most points, it's that simple.

Prizes - Cash, swag, awesome stuff, and a sense of pride that you have helped with the hunt for the cure for breast cancer.

2004 Pontiac GTO.. Mods.. too much to list.

www.rallynorthamerica.com

Last edited by spieldawg; 03-30-2011 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0