BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #177
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

love it
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #178
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckles McGee View Post
Hehe.. long story, but they don't get along with a few of my friends.

A while back they used some of my pics though.. http://www.canibeat.com/2009/12/ron-...dy-x-bag-yard/
We get along right??
Quote:
Originally Posted by goeslikeschnell View Post
god, i miss that car.

anyway jzhang, i wish you were showing your car at remix... or... can i bring it there? ;]
Yes you can if my car gets fixed by then....
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
love it
Thanks!!
      01-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #179
N55_BBM
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

First of all, congratulations for causing such a controversy with those wheels, I think you got what you wanted . Also, I think it is hilarious how you have so many suckups in this forum. I mean, your photography is amazing and your car used to be, so don't get me wrong, you deserve credit. But I'm sure a lot of people here like your new wheels just because it was you who did it. I'm positive that if some other Joe Schmo started this thread it would be 90% hate.

Now to the hating ...

When I see that style of wheel this is what I think of:

A cheap japanese car from the 90s slammed to the floor, with a 4" exhaust pipe that makes 50x more noise than it should, driven by a member of the mexican drug cartel. I mean, I'm sorry, it just doesn't belong on a BMW. There's a reason BMW (or any expensive/classy/prestigious/etc car company) doesn't make wheels like that...

Also, I argued earlier that your bimmer just lost its classiness and elegance and I do absolutely feel that way. Any chrome wheel or any kind of wheel where you can see your reflection, or that will blind you if the sun ever hits it, belongs in a cadillac or 300M driven by a rapper/gangster... just doesn't work for the BMW.. It's like getting a european businessman wearing a slim fit button down shirt and a skinny tie and dressing him with baggy gangsta pants halfway pulled down his butt with his boxers showing... just doesn't go together, know what I mean?

and lastly, you have the wrong offset and the wrong size of tire on the wheels, they look ridiculously stretched (and you did recognize that in your first post). how in the world is that classy or belong in a BMW?

I mean, is this really what you want your BMW to resemble:

For the love of god, it's a $40k car, get those wheels outta there and onto a Honda!

enough hate . i'm not an ahole, it's just that these wheels REALLY bother me (so yes, you achieved one of your objectives if you wanna be hipster haha).

and here's a warning: if anyone ever shows up in the northeast with wheels like these I will at the very least rip your BMW emblems out and glue honda emblems on your trunk and hood. (edit: FOR THOSE OF YOU WITHOUT A SENSE OF HUMOR... IM NOT BEING SERIOUS)

Last edited by N55_BBM; 01-27-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #180
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW/Fox 6MT E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55_BBM View Post
First of all, congratulations for causing such a controversy with those wheels, I think you got what you wanted . Also, I think it is hilarious how you have so many suckups in this forum. I mean, your photography is amazing and your car used to be, so don't get me wrong, you deserve credit. But I'm sure a lot of people here like your new wheels just because it was you who did it. I'm positive that if some other Joe Schmo started this thread it would be 90% hate.

Now to the hating ...

A cheap japanese car from the 90s slammed to the floor, with a 4" exhaust pipe that makes 50x more noise than it should, driven by a member of the mexican drug cartel. I mean, I'm sorry, it just doesn't belong on a BMW. There's a reason BMW (or any expensive/classy/prestigious/etc car company) doesn't make wheels like that...

Also, I argued earlier that your bimmer just lost its classiness and elegance and I do absolutely feel that way. Any chrome wheel or any kind of wheel where you can see your reflection, or that will blind you if the sun ever hits it, belongs in a cadillac or 300M driven by a rapper/gangster... just doesn't work for the BMW.. It's like getting a european businessman wearing a slim fit button down shirt and a skinny tie and dressing him with baggy gangsta pants halfway pulled down his butt with his boxers showing... just doesn't go together, know what I mean?

and lastly, you have the wrong offset and the wrong size of tire on the wheels, they look ridiculously stretched (and you did recognize that in your first post). how in the world is that classy or belong in a BMW?

For the love of god, it's a $40k car, get those wheels outta there and onto a Honda!

enough hate . i'm not an ahole, it's just that these wheels REALLY bother me (so yes, you achieved one of your objectives if you wanna be hipster haha).

and here's a warning: if anyone ever shows up in the northeast with wheels like these I will at the very least rip your BMW emblems out and glue honda emblems on your trunk and hood.
WOWZA
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #181
Duckles McGee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Pending

Quote:
and here's a warning: if anyone ever shows up in the northeast with wheels like these I will at the very least rip your BMW emblems out and glue honda emblems on your trunk and hood.
Awesome, we are from the same state... This makes me want to get the wheels/ barrels I am thinking of even more.

I can't imagine your reaction to this M3.. and guess what, he's from PA too.

Seriously.. the OP's car is by no means extreme or 'hipster.' It's relatively tame if you ask me... Also, you're right... It's a $40k, not a $250k car. Who gives a flying crap.

Just to fuel the fire.. look another R32, this time a widebody.. and he's the NE as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #182
N55_BBM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Awesome, we are from the same state... This makes me want to get the wheels/ barrels I am thinking of even more.

Seriously.. the OP's car is by no means extreme or 'hipster.' It's relatively tame if you ask me... Also, you're right... It's a $40k, not a $250k car. Who gives a flying crap.

Just to fuel the fire.. look another R32, this time a widebody.. and he's the NE as well.
agh you're killing me with these pictures lol

R32 is a little college-boy tuner's car and the kind of car you'd see in need for speed underground or some shit like that, so i can see those wheels going there. don't like 'em, but doesn't make me wanna puke.

now that M3... wow... way to ruin the best looking M3 ever. the E46 does not deserve that. the car just has these perfect, subtle lines all around that say "i'm an aggressive, fast car and I still look classier than you". until you put these stupid wheels that just ruin the curves. might as well tell that guy to put some neon lights under it.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #183
Duckles McGee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Pending

Quote:
agh you're killing me with these pictures lol

R32 is a little college-boy tuner's car and the kind of car you'd see in need for speed underground or some shit like that, so i can see those wheels going there. don't like 'em, but doesn't make me wanna puke.

now that M3... wow... way to ruin the best looking M3 ever. the E46 does not deserve that. the car just has these perfect, subtle lines all around that say "i'm an aggressive, fast car and I still look classier than you". until you put these stupid wheels that just ruin the curves. might as well tell that guy to put some neon lights under it.
Hahah.. You're a riot.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #184
MasterD678
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 2008 135i

Holy crap, really!? We get your point, but the point of modding your car is to make it fit you and your style. Just because you don't like it don't try and diss on everybody else that does. Do you feel this strongly about fashion too? I mean skinny jeans, baggy jeans, shirt tucked in or out? We got your point now move to a different thread that "is" your thing.

On a different note, I like that old VW in the background of the R32 pic and I think the M3 looks sick!! Could I pull that off.....probably not, but props to the owner for a sweet looking ride!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #185
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:

Now to the hating ...

I don't know 90% of people who replied to this thread in person so I can't call them raging fanboys. The last two owners who made a post of about these wheels received just as much love and hate for these wheels. So I'm no one special nor am I receiving any special treatment.

As you can see from my updated photos, I am on the lowest setting of my coils and I am not slammed to the ground. My car is stock performance-wise and does not make any noise. But I guess you have to hate it or love it. I was at the dealership for my stupid HPFP and EVERYONE (men and women) who walked by either gave me a thumbs up, wink, or a "nice car!". I can still drive into a normal BMW dealership and still be accepted as a BMW and not as some kid with too much creativity. So that just leads to further my belief that my car hasn't lost its class. Think about the nice Rolexs, maybachs and other nice things. They are all shiny and chromey. That's just my whole mindset when I think of class.

I am not European, I just have a European car that is highly influenced by my Asian culture, which is why my car looks like one of the cars you used as an example. I love those by the way. I'm a 90s kid but I always have loved JDM stuff. The older the better...

My offsets are wrong. BUT wrong for a stock BMW 135i. I have modified fenders now, so they are not wrong, they fit. I am in the process of getting some spacers too.

$3000 wheels are no joke on a $40000 car.

What's wrong with being that guy at a wedding with piercing or a tattoo? Or in a more subtle way... whats wrong with being that super fashionable guy at a wedding with tighter/slimmer fitting attire and a pink tie? I think its cool.

No offense taken. I respect your opinion. This is an open forum, all comments welcomed.

Quote:

Oh man, those cars are HOT FIRE!!!! the M3 looks perfect and the widebody R32?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD678 View Post
Holy crap, really!? We get your point, but the point of modding your car is to make it fit you and your style. Just because you don't like it don't try and diss on everybody else that does. Do you feel this strongly about fashion too? I mean skinny jeans, baggy jeans, shirt tucked in or out? We got your point now move to a different thread that "is" your thing.

On a different note, I like that old VW in the background of the R32 pic and I think the M3 looks sick!! Could I pull that off.....probably not, but props to the owner for a sweet looking ride!
Its cool.

No offense taken. I respect all opinions. This is an open forum, all comments welcomed.

Last edited by 1013mm; 01-26-2011 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #186
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

how can offset be wrong if it fits??
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #187
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho View Post
how can offset be wrong if it fits??
EXACTLY what I mean!!

Front = no pokage....

Rear = some pokeage....
      01-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #188
MasterD678
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 2008 135i

Sorry, I understand opinions and have no problem with them....but. Just say you don't like them and be on your way. No need to say "and here's a warning: if anyone ever shows up in the northeast with wheels like these I will at the very least rip your BMW emblems out and glue honda emblems on your trunk and hood."

Just my 2 cents!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #189
N55_BBM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD678 View Post
Sorry, I understand opinions and have no problem with them....but. Just say you don't like them and be on your way. No need to say "and here's a warning: if anyone ever shows up in the northeast with wheels like these I will at the very least rip your BMW emblems out and glue honda emblems on your trunk and hood."

Just my 2 cents!
wow where's everyone's sense of humor?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #190
91Kevin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 2011 Subaru STI

Quote:
wow where's everyone's sense of humor?
sense of humor? you pretty much insulted him in the car world, expect some return fire. I am a member on stanceworks (a forum dedicated to being ridiculously low with basically any kind of wheel) and this car is nowhere near as extreme as many things on there. Also, a lot (I mean a lot) of guys on that forum are from around where you are. Seems like you've got your work cut out for you finding all their cars and replacing the BMW emblems.

For the record, that white E46 is gorgeous. Being that low with wide wheels sets off the lines of the car, it doesn't ruin them. Wheel gap is for parents and babies. And internet insults are for children

I am not a fanboy lol I am just into the same style. And I'm not one to say "f*ck haters" because that's stupid. You don't like it and you just like to let us know about it :P I'm used to it.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #191
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Hmmm...I've been reading this thread for a few days now and I have yet to comment. Jzhang if you're loving the rims then thats all that matters really. Every person is entitled to their own style and their opinion. As long as the time is taken to do a mod correctly and craftfully, then I respect the work and I think all should, regardless if it fits into what a person thinks "looks good". I applaud you for doing your thing and making your car just that, your car. Keep it up! Seems like some people forget that just b/c they don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong (unless you go to pepboys/autozone and get every stick on "mod" you can fit on your car, then that's very wrong).

Now as for my opinion on your wheels (not that you really care ). I"m on the fence about them. In some pictures i like them, in others i'm not so sure. I'd have to see them in person to really make a final decision. Generally I'm not a fan of shiny/chromy things (racoons really really love shiny things though), but on dark colored cars such as yours it can look good.
      01-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #192
bigEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White 135i

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I liked your old ones a little bit better, but I have to say these are great too! good work bro, keep it up!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #193
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

yea d00d. keep moddin jzhang. i thought you whored your car out too much at first but i realized that its justified now. getting tired of seeing CSL reps on 1ers. someone said it right - that 1ers are really conservative modders.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #194
N55_BBM
Major
Rep

Jzhang you do deserve credit for doing what YOU want rather than going with the mass, and you're also a great sport.

No I (clearly) don't like the new wheels and I think it's great that you recognize that this is an open forum and don't take personal offense for what I said. Yeah maybe I was a little too harsh but hey I was a little tired of 9 pages worth of people sucking up.

And to all people who were offended by what I said or took it personally.. You're probably a big fanboy. It's not your car, no reason to get so fired up about defending it.

Mod away John.. Hopefully your next mod will be new wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #195
competition
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C

Quote:
)
1. he's not the first. and guess what, the first 135i with these wheels was hated on so bad from this crowd. the 2nd 135i to do these wheels (me) was hated on so bad. the 3rd car (jzhang) was also hated on pretty badly also.

2. it's funny how it's only the 1addicts people who puke over this shit. our slammed, stretch, poke style is actually inspired by a lot of you guys in the northeast. so open your eyes and look around more. this kind of style is LOVED out here in LA and I know its loved out there in florida because that's where CCW is from. also, learn about what kind of wheels these are. 3k for a set. 3 piece. FORGED. and LIGHTWEIGHT. jzhang and i are trying to bring something to community. and we LOVE haters like you. run of the mill, cookie cutter bmw owners.

3. guess what? $40k car? with wheels that belong on a honda? try a $70k+ M3 with a gintani supercharger.

another E46 M3 ruined just for you and he's from MARYLAND!

and... another... from VIRGINIA! SWEET!

even a classic porsche...

oh and the first 1er to do it

ooo another E46 M3! HPF turbocharged!

and a carrera with stretched tires on BBS LMs?

i think you get my point.

so let me ask you this... what's going to set your bmw apart from his, mine, or anybody else's?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #196
competition
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Jzhang you do deserve credit for doing what YOU want rather than going with the mass, and you're also a great sport.

No I (clearly) don't like the new wheels and I think it's great that you recognize that this is an open forum and don't take personal offense for what I said. Yeah maybe I was a little too harsh but hey I was a little tired of 9 pages worth of people sucking up.

And to all people who were offended by what I said or took it personally.. You're probably a big fanboy. It's not your car, no reason to get so fired up about defending it.

Mod away John.. Hopefully your next mod will be new wheels
whoa whoa... are you getting a little soft here? what's with the smiley faces? trying to ease the harsh blows?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #197
N55_BBM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeslikeschnell View Post
1. he's not the first. and guess what, the first 135i with these wheels was hated on so bad from this crowd. the 2nd 135i to do these wheels (me) was hated on so bad. the 3rd car (jzhang) was also hated on pretty badly also.

2. it's funny how it's only the 1addicts people who puke over this shit. our slammed, stretch, poke style is actually inspired by a lot of you guys in the northeast. so open your eyes and look around more. this kind of style is LOVED out here in LA and I know its loved out there in florida because that's where CCW is from. also, learn about what kind of wheels these are. 3k for a set. 3 piece. FORGED. and LIGHTWEIGHT. jzhang and i are trying to bring something to community. and we LOVE haters like you. run of the mill, cookie cutter bmw owners.

3. guess what? $40k car? with wheels that belong on a honda? try a $70k+ M3 with a gintani supercharger.

another E46 M3 ruined just for you and he's from MARYLAND!

and... another... from VIRGINIA! SWEET!

even a classic porsche...

oh and the first 1er to do it

ooo another E46 M3! HPF turbocharged!

and a carrera with stretched tires on BBS LMs?

i think you get my point.

so let me ask you this... what's going to set your bmw apart from his, mine, or anybody else's?

i think all of these pictures above look horrible. not arguing that these aren't expensive wheels. more money doesn't mean it's elegant. if it were then i'd just glue some diamonds onto my stock wheels and call it an elegant mod. what i'm saying is that in my opinion these are the types of wheel I picture on a cheap Honda Civic, so when I see them on a BMW it takes the prestige away. and again, that's my opinion, which i feel entitled to express.

not trying to soften up or anything. just recognizing that everyone has different opinions and tastes and the right to express them. and yes, maybe i went a little overboard but hey, if jzhang has a problem with it let him deal with it, it's his car. again, kudos to him for being such a good sport.

now I don't know why you're so obsessed with setting your 1er apart. if you're in desperate need of attention or desperate need of standing out, paint it bright pink, i'm sure you'll get what you want.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #198
competition
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
not trying to soften up or anything. just recognizing that everyone has different opinions and tastes and the right to express them. and yes, maybe i went a little overboard but hey, if jzhang has a problem with it let him deal with it, it's his car. again, kudos to him for being such a good sport.

now I don't know why you're so obsessed with setting your 1er apart. if you're in desperate need of attention or desperate need of standing out, paint it bright pink, i'm sure you'll get what you want.

PINK! I SHOULD'VE THOUGHT OF THAT! i'm not obsessed with making my car different, but you seem to hate cars that are. cookie cutter.
Appreciate 0