BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-04-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Software update review

So yesterday had all recalls done at the dealer (just belts were not in the stock)

Dealer said that they changed HPFP and all 6 injectors (though I scanned my car before and there was no codes) they still replaced them. Best thing software update. Car feels really better it's like 25% faster than it was more sensitive acceleration. I was afraid to do update bc I saw some bad posts that it is downgrade. But really I can tell you DO IT you will discover new car . even sound of exhaust is louder.

There is no changes on iDrive I think it's different block so iDrive staid like it was before even with radio and phone stored memory.

My car was coded for close mirros/windows with key fob and digital M3 speedo, that is gone. Will have to do that again.

Also they said that they changed my rear light seals... But listen, they were just finebefore that! And on the way home I noticed that both of them are out LOL. Maybe they forgot to connect them or so. But I will call them to ask WTF?

Anyway I'm happy about other stuff, don't hesitate to bring car to dealer for that UPGRADE
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
Blue135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
So yesterday had all recalls done at the dealer (just belts were not in the stock)

Dealer said that they changed HPFP and all 6 injectors (though I scanned my car before and there was no codes) they still replaced them. Best thing software update. Car feels really better it's like 25% faster than it was more sensitive acceleration. I was afraid to do update bc I saw some bad posts that it is downgrade. But really I can tell you DO IT you will discover new car . even sound of exhaust is louder.

There is no changes on iDrive I think it's different block so iDrive staid like it was before even with radio and phone stored memory.

My car was coded for close mirros/windows with key fob and digital M3 speedo, that is gone. Will have to do that again.

Also they said that they changed my rear light seals... But listen, they were just finebefore that! And on the way home I noticed that both of them are out LOL. Maybe they forgot to connect them or so. But I will call them to ask WTF?

Anyway I'm happy about other stuff, don't hesitate to bring car to dealer for that UPGRADE
Well for every good story, there is a bad. I took mine in for the HPFP (my car had been running great with NO issues on the FP at 30k miles). They changed the pump and 3 of the 6 injectors and did update on ecu. NOW, I am having issues, rough idle, the car stalled on me yesterday. Today, I am hauling and all the sudden I get CEL and limp mode. Gonna have to take it in. Car was fine before that recall
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep

Damn sounds bad. I hope they will fix it. But it sounds like you had bad HPFP installed.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
new2the3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

I might be mistaken but I was under the impression that a louder exhaust means the waste-gates are kept open more, and increases turbo lag.
      02-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #5
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2the3 View Post
I might be mistaken but I was under the impression that a louder exhaust means the waste-gates are kept open more, and increases turbo lag.
Not sure about waste gates position but, comparing like it was before update now I have much less turbo lag. Now it's really more sensitive.
Appreciate 0