BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Performance shop needed in North County San Diego

Anyone know of a good performance shop in the Oceanside, Carlsbad, Vista, Escondido area?

I have been using a small local performance shop in Oceanside but they are very small, never finish within time estimates (not even close- $180 in labor and 3 hours to swap out brake pads??), and does so-so work (even for a regular like me). I need to expand my horizons here.

I'm looking for a shop who has mechanics that are used to doing things like fabricating roll cages, rolling fenders, etc.
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
jwalker
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
Anyone know of a good performance shop in the Oceanside, Carlsbad, Vista, Escondido area?

I have been using a small local performance shop in Oceanside but they are very small, never finish within time estimates (not even close- $180 in labor and 3 hours to swap out brake pads??), and does so-so work (even for a regular like me). I need to expand my horizons here.

I'm looking for a shop who has mechanics that are used to doing things like fabricating roll cages, rolling fenders, etc.
Ever try DTM? or are they the guys that did your brakes???Hahah! IDK about BMW shops in N. County as I usually deal w/ shops that specialize in Subaru in my area (I'm in Carlsbad). 1st shop that comes to mind when I think Euro + Performance in San Diego is Group5. They're right off Miramar Blvd and most of the guys who work there are into Euros. I'm sure if you called them and asked about fabricators they could refer you to someone...As far as off the shelf performance parts/installs Group5 is a good shop to deal with and Troy is very helpful. They also do some great fender rolling!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Okay, I'll look up Group5. http://www.europeanmotorsports.org also looks interesting- looks like they do a lot of porsche work and dedicated track cars.

And yes, DTM is who I'm talking about. I really like Todd (the owner/manager), but- well I won't disparage the shop. It's just really hit and miss there, and lately it's been more "miss" then "hit".

By the way- if you're talking about Subaru shops near Carlsbad, you MUST be talking about Crawford. They are THE Subi shop. I visited and was enthusiastically given a tour of their shop- pretty great stuff! All three gymkahna cars are there. Also saw a Ford Forcus RS eurospec rally car there. Wild stuff!

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation!
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
steve_setzer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

All German Auto in Esco. http://www.allgermanauto.com/
      12-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
strati1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep