Bimmerpost for Android has just been updated to version 4.3.55 with a host of bug fixes. Try it out!
BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Idiot Guide to European Delievery?

Is there any site, or place that explains how Euro Delievery works without making it sounds like a great deal (like the BMW website does)

I want to know, is it worth it?

Do i have to use BMW's airfare, hotel etc...

Any input?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
AtomiK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Around

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...opean_Delivery

Sorry in advance if I am not allowed to link to other forums.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

I looked on that site i cant seem to find the answers....

If you can do Euro Delievery and NOT pay use their airfare/hotel that would be a win win for me, because i fly free.

Cant seem to find all the gorey details
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
former
Practical Idealist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe

I suggest searching the forums at Bimmerfest and reading the wiki there as well. I assure you it has everything you need to know.

You do not need to purchase any "packages" to pickup your car in Munich. And, while it can be a "deal' sometimes, I think when you ask most of us who have done it, any savings in money wasn't really the point. The experience of picking up your car at the Welt, driving throughout Europe, etc. was and is an amazing experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post

If you can do Euro Delievery and NOT pay use their airfare/hotel that would be a win win for me, because i fly free.

you are not obligated to purchase their packages, or flight tickets etc. I have several clients who work for airlines, they just catch a quick flight over, do the delivery, drop off the car & come back all in the same day... doesnt cost them anything
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Send a message via AIM to InsaneSkippy Send a message via MSN to InsaneSkippy
Hey I've done Euro Delivery, PM me if you have any questions. I obsessed about almost every detail of my delivery so chances are I should be able to answer your question.

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #7
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

I did ED for our honeymoon. We booked everything ourselves using BMW's packages as a guide. We spent less than half of what we would've if we had booked with the agency BMW uses. We did everything in one night. The internet is your friend!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #8
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

BMW does not have their own airline. They work in conjunction with Lufthansa which offers the 2 for 1 deal (might be cheaper than if you were to buy 2 separate tickets). If you're traveling alone then it's a moot point. For hotels you can go to www.biddingfortravel.com and bid on hotels through priceline.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #9
j128i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 128i Coupe AW/Black

It worth the effort and money

as most people who did ED will tell you.
It's quite simple and easy.
You choose the car and the options as if you will buy it anyway in US. You then place the order and pick ED delivery dates for your car pick-up in BMW Welt center, Munich, Germany. You normally get 7% discount off USA MSRP at least, you can bargain from ED invoice (+$1000 or so).

You, using any way you want, book your flight ticket, hotel based on your travel plan with ED delivery date and drive your own car in Europe in your mind. If you can fly free, perfect! If you dont have time, stay shorter, if you do, stay longer.

You go there (you pay full amount of the car by cash, loan or lease before you go), enjoy the Welt center delivery, factory tour, BMW Museum and Europe. It totally on your own, you choose what you want.
You drop your car in one of many drop-off locations in Europe and fly back home and wait for re-delivery.

So, quite easy, isn't it? Usually people spend their own money to buy flight tickets and have vacation in Europe. I did this in Sept, 08 because we had a plan to have vacation in Europe and I wanted to buy BMW. But if you can combine it with business trip or free ticket, why not? The goal is to have such rich and unforgetable experience!

The thing need to take care is to plan accordingly and in advance, this is a long process. You need to provide passport and sign power of attorney to allow BMW to do the paper work (you will sign a lot documents). Read wiki in bimmerfest site and it helps. Read as many as posts you can to get ideas.
      11-25-2008, 12:37 AM   #10
j128i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 128i Coupe AW/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post

What answers you want to know?
What are the details specificlly?
      11-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Terp1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T

Here's a link to Irv Robinson's site. He's a CA in the Chicago area that specializes in ED. I'm sure he'll be able to help you with anything you may need.

http://www.edbmw.com/main/