BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-24-2022, 03:00 PM   #1
Skunk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

e93 M3 for V8 1M Conversion

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 11,000.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
I am also listing this sale on here because this could also be an excellent car for donating to a V8 1M conversion of a 1-series. The front and rear suspension are just fine and all of the other components needed are present. It has the more desirable stiffer front ARB of the convertible M3, too.

I was t-boned in my Jerez Black 2008 M3 Convertible (DCT) with 94,824 miles with most options except 18" wheels (preferable IMO). The car was not totaled, but I have decided to not repair it and sell.

Air bags were not deployed; these were replaced earlier under recall.
There is an outstanding recall for the battery terminal wires.

The car can be fixed; the most damage is in the driver side door, which should be replaced. The most work will be with fixing the area just aft of the door. There is very minor secondary damage on the front and rear passenger side, needing fixes to the tabs and gaps. The VIN sticker on the driver-side door jamb is still fine and should not need to be replaced.

The shop my car was at some how "misplaced" my muffler, so that is missing.

Minor small upgrades present on the car:

LUX H8 LEDs for the angel eyes
K&P Engineering microperforated oil filter
Magnetic drain plugs on the engine oil pan and differential

Extra stuff I will throw in that I won't need without the car:

around 4.5 gallons of 5W50 Redline oil
Half a bottle of Redline 75W140 oil
Additional magnetic drain plug for the motor and about a dozen brass/copper crush washers
Thermostat bypass plug

a couple hoses
a couple seals
heat exchanger core for the HVAC (I purchased this for an issue, but the problem turned out to be something else that was fixed)
Textar brake pads
2 sets of Black Forest Industries engine mounts (1 for non-M3 which was mistakenly sent first and they sent a set for the M3, but they didn't arrive in time for my preventative maintenance, so I just installed the OE mounts)

I was the third owner, having it since just over 30k miles. The second owner had it under a certified pre-owned warranty, so I know my car was well taken care of through it's life up until the accident. While the rod bearing haven't been serviced yet, I did not push the revs until the engine had warmed up and used the slightly thinner 5W-50 oil, too, with the car residing in Southern California its whole life.

Please DM and I can email pictures if you're interested.

Thanks for looking.

03-29-2022, 08:20 PM   #2
Six Pot
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
Awesome deal! I wish this was around when I needed one for my conversion!

==OLD SETUP==
ViE 3884 | PR | JB4 | EOS Billet Fuel / Manifold | Seibon Hood | Spec Twin | 900IC | Slek Lip / Diffuser | EC7 Wheels | KW HAS | Maddad + GTHaus | P3 | ViE Can
Appreciate 0