BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-19-2023, 08:46 AM   #1
Spielmp3206
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

My 128i OEM+ build

Hello to everyone

I looked for a few months to get a slicktop manual 128i and was able to find one last year. My first daughter was born late 2022 so the progress on the build was very slow however we are back on track.

The goal of the build is a fun summer daily than can take on a few track days a year. The car is relatively new it only has 55,xxx Miles by now it is a 2012 MY

Interior
carnavi with wireless apple car play and reverse camera
zhp shift knob
135i Cluster with Mileage

Exterior
depo led headlights with morimoto h7 hid kit
oem black line led lci tail lights

Power mods:

3 stage intake manifold, 2x new OEM DISA valves
active autowerke catless headers
mishimoto intake hose
charcoal filter removal
stage FP tune (no CEL)
3.73 diff
135i exhaust with flap remove

Suspension wheels and Brakes:

Front 340mm Brembo Brake kit taken from a 340i
Rear 328i calipers
steel braided lines (front, rear and middle)
BBS Ck0012 18x8 + 45 with FP7000 235/40/18
ST X coilover kit
Dinan camber plates
M3 front control arms
Rear subframe whiteline inserts
Msport Rear swaybar
All the suspension hardware: mounts, screws etc have been renewed

Pending mods to have the project ready:

-Limited Slip Differential
- M3/M4 seats
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      07-20-2023, 01:14 PM   #2
blnk-128
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Nice low mileage find, heck of a first post with all the work you've put into it. What was your background before this car?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 01:55 PM   #3
cerealwars
Riffraff
Rep
Drives: 128i 6M, 1UZ S13, '62 C10

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Hey! Awesome car you've got going there, mine is a beater by comparison lol. You've got a really nice selection of parts already installed, really impressive. That thing should be totally set up to crush it on track days.

How was the 135i cluster swap? I've heard of that before but never understood the details well enough to want to pursue it myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 03:26 PM   #4
Spielmp3206
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blnk-128 View Post
Nice low mileage find, heck of a first post with all the work you've put into it. What was your background before this car?
Thanks ! before I moved to the US I used to modify and track small european hot hatches I had peugeot 208 GTI, Seat Cupra, Renault Clios etc. Unfortunately none of then are sold here I had played with FWD turbos for a long time so I was looking for something EURO, NA and RWD
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 03:30 PM   #5
Spielmp3206
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealwars View Post
Hey! Awesome car you've got going there, mine is a beater by comparison lol. You've got a really nice selection of parts already installed, really impressive. That thing should be totally set up to crush it on track days.

How was the 135i cluster swap? I've heard of that before but never understood the details well enough to want to pursue it myself.
Thanks ! Looking forward to concur in waterford hills

For the cluster swap I did it mainly for the temp sensor, it was relatively easy and I was able to keep my real mileage in the car

If you want some help I have everything to perform the swap just get a manual 135i cluster from ebay ( mileage is not important it can be lower or higher than yours ) and I would be happy to help
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2023, 05:13 PM   #6
cerealwars
Riffraff
Rep
Drives: 128i 6M, 1UZ S13, '62 C10

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spielmp3206 View Post
Thanks ! Looking forward to concur in waterford hills

For the cluster swap I did it mainly for the temp sensor, it was relatively easy and I was able to keep my real mileage in the car

If you want some help I have everything to perform the swap just get a manual 135i cluster from ebay ( mileage is not important it can be lower or higher than yours ) and I would be happy to help
That's awesome, thanks man! I might reach out if that mod becomes a priority or if I come across one for cheap enough. Stuff is piling up on me lately.

Last edited by cerealwars; 07-22-2023 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: english hard
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2023, 08:21 AM   #7
Spielmp3206
United_States
Rep

coding brake nannies out

after updating the whole brake set up I code out some nannies thanks to the excellent content in these posts :

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...1140422&page=3

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1216642

I left E diff still active , but when I get a mechanical LSD I will remove it

DIFF_LOCK : This is the actual electronic differential

I code out the following

FLR ("Engine Power Reduction to Prevent Brake Disc Overheating")
FBS ("Brake Fading Compensation")
BB_RAB ("Brake Standby")

Codes changed in My DSC module:

C0F_DIFF_LOCK
wert_02
C0F_FBS
wert_00
C0F_FLR
wert_00
wert_02
C0F_BB_RAB
wert_00
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2023, 10:56 AM   #8
Spielmp3206
United_States
Rep

I ran a couple of sessions on the track last week, first time with the 128i in the track and also my first time in Waterford Hills track so I took it very relaxed specially after almost 9 years since I was in a track

The little 1 series behaves amazing, I really enjoy it the main issue I found were my crappy all season tires I really need to get rid of them for next season, I am definitely going to be a regular in track.

Also I didn't change my brake booster master cylinder when I got the F30 brembo brakes because in the street it doesn't feel that bad but in the track the travel is awful too long , I already have a m3 master cylinder in my garage so I just need to stop being lazy and install it

Now that I am getting a daily driver I think the scope of the car is going to change a little to be more fun in the track and weekends so here are the new list of pending mods

1- LSD
2 - Rear seat removal
3 - Get better front seats I want something a little sportier and light but still recline capable to be able to adjust when driving in the street
4 - Lighter wheels and performance summer tires
Attached Images

Appreciate 2