BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #45
acivick
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Dinan Sedona 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Saw the fuse panel, just couldn't find the other stuff last night. If it's a blown fuse, I figured I'd use one of the spares that are available. Or should I just make a trip to pep boys?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #46
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F34 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by acivick View Post
Saw the fuse panel, just couldn't find the other stuff last night. If it's a blown fuse, I figured I'd use one of the spares that are available. Or should I just make a trip to pep boys?
Don't sweat.. You may need that spare in the future. Just go to walmart..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #47
acivick
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
OK I will pick a few up. Can you direct me to where it's located so it's a quick job? Would like to actually eat for lunch
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #48
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OK I will pick a few up. Can you direct me to where it's located so it's a quick job? Would like to actually eat for lunch
I believe I have the picture on the first page. It is the black square connected to the ground system.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #49
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Alex is pursuing the GB while ignoring this thread.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=404848&page=6

Speaks volumes about his integrity, I fear.
Yeah! I am tracking those people who sent a pm and he replied but fir me just nothing!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #50
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Ah! Thanks for clearing that up maxnix. Although those principles could be applied to any product.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #51
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad78 View Post
Yeah! I am tracking those people who sent a pm and he replied but fir me just nothing!
Sucks, ad78. Maybe not the best approach, but perhaps he's just busy filling those orders and is planning on getting to you afterwords? I'm not sure; just speculating.

Hope all works out for you though.
He had come through for me even at cost to himself. From my past experience, I would say he'll do the same for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #52
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Honestly, I never saw this thread, I have been working with Arwin through PMs for sometime now, I am confused on what wrong doing have I done here?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #53
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Honestly, I never saw this thread, I have been working with Arwin through PMs for sometime now, I am confused on what wrong doing have I done here?
alex - i am keeping this thread active just to let people know that what is going on with the kit. i am not only the one who is having problem. i think same for acivick too..

you never saw this thread? i believe you replied to me on the first page?

-arwin

Last edited by ad78; 07-19-2010 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #54
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
alex - i am keeping this thread active just to let people know that what is going on with the kit. i am not only the one who is having problem. i think same for acivick too..

-arwin
I did not notice I replied, sorry.

As to the answer to the other guy, I myself as a vendor do not attempt to silence the public as their problems with my products, there is no way I could search the forums all the day for new threads started, if you guys direct PM me with a problem I will always be more then happy to help with the problem and warranty the item, I have never denied a warranty on my own product, even when a customer has broken the bulb as they where installing it, I still replaced it for them.

If you wish to make a problem public or not, that is your choice, I myself will always answer you if you PM me, and if you need a faster response, E-MAIL me as it goes directly to my phone and does not get mixed up with any other PMs.

Thank you guys
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #55
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep

just got home and no kit for me today... did you really send them last tuesday?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #56
acivick
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Turned out to be the fuse for me after all... it was partially melted. Put in a new one and it works like new. Been about a decade since my electrical engineering classes, so not sure what the solution would be to prevent it from happening again, other than maybe a higher amperage fuse.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #57
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Turned out to be the fuse for me after all... it was partially melted. Put in a new one and it works like new. Been about a decade since my electrical engineering classes, so not sure what the solution would be to prevent it from happening again, other than maybe a higher amperage fuse.
Higher Amperage Fuse would be my first thought.

Quote:

-arwin
Quote:
I did not notice I replied, sorry.

As to the answer to the other guy, I myself as a vendor do not attempt to silence the public as their problems with my products, there is no way I could search the forums all the day for new threads started, if you guys direct PM me with a problem I will always be more then happy to help with the problem and warranty the item, I have never denied a warranty on my own product, even when a customer has broken the bulb as they where installing it, I still replaced it for them.

If you wish to make a problem public or not, that is your choice, I myself will always answer you if you PM me, and if you need a faster response, E-MAIL me as it goes directly to my phone and does not get mixed up with any other PMs.

Thank you guys
Quote:
just got home and no kit for me today... did you really send them last tuesday?
Good stuff guys, maybe some communication issues here or there. It sounds like you guys are on the road to recovery and I know it'll work out for you both.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #58
acivick
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
In case anyone is curious, here is what happened to the fuse.

Pretty easy to see why the lights would start going out...

Name:  2010-07-19 23.25.03.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  134.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #59
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep

same as mine, look at the first page.
good thing you only have fuse blown, still lucky!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #60
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
In case anyone is curious, here is what happened to the fuse.

Pretty easy to see why the lights would start going out...

Attachment 409309
acivick, I am sorry with the issue of the fuse, let me know your PayPal, I will refund you $10 for your time and cost of a new fuse.

The fuses where burning in the kits due to the fact that the wires where not tucked away, the fuse box would fall into the heat shield area of the car, and with the power going through it, and the heat from the engine will start burning up...

...this was the first generation kits, since then I have noticed no matter what, people will still drop the fuse boxes into the heat shield area, so I have upgrade the fuse box and fuse to 400 degree resistance one, which ad78, I have included in your return kit which I have replaced the full harness with a new one, re double side taped all your components, and replaced your 6000Ks for 8000Ks free or charge.

Anyone with the first generation harness, if you are unhappy with it, let me know, I will replace it.

You have to keep in mind, the profit line in the kits are not big at all, I still always go out of my way to take care of the customer no matter what,

I do not EVER ASK FOR RETURN shipping from my end, which mostly cost $15, which means, if any warranty issues come up, automatically I am out $15 plus replacement parts, in the OPs case, I replaced his full harness, new double sided tape, new bulbs, and shipped it back for free.

That totals in $90 at my cost, I am already upside down on his purchase. Which is my problem, my fault, and my doing.

Ad78, you will be really happy with your replacement, and if you wish to sell it, it is as good as brand new, new bulbs, new tapes, new harness.

And the new harness will keep everything but the bulb outside of the headlight, so no worries about making space, or trying to fit anything into the headlights.

Hope this helps, and I hope you do not think bad of me ad78, I am always here to help!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #61
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Very good reply and information there Alex. This is the kind of information that I have been commenting about. It is a shame things went this far before it was finally divulged.

Sounds like customer service is important to you and if you happen to have another GB on the kit I will be in for it.
      07-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #62
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

And in your previous post you where saying I was ignoring you messages, I do not ignore a single person, as always, I say, my PM box is packed from over 5 forums contacting me for many products, I sometimes answer over 200 PMs a day to catch up, that is why I always ask of all you guys, for fast answers and attention, E-MAIL me at alex@alpinemss.com and you will hear back from me right away.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #63
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Thank you MadMan77, as soon as I was aware of the problem, I told ad78 to ship his kit back, I replaced everything within a week, and shipped it back.

I was blind to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
Very good reply and information there Alex. This is the kind of information that I have been commenting about. It is a shame things went this far before it was finally divulged.

Sounds like customer service is important to you and if you happen to have another GB on the kit I will be in for it.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #64
acivick
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Thanks for that info! No need for a refund, but if you can send me an upgraded fuse box that would help a lot. I'll try to see if there's a better place for me to stick it

Quote:
acivick, I am sorry with the issue of the fuse, let me know your PayPal, I will refund you $10 for your time and cost of a new fuse.

The fuses where burning in the kits due to the fact that the wires where not tucked away, the fuse box would fall into the heat shield area of the car, and with the power going through it, and the heat from the engine will start burning up...

...this was the first generation kits, since then I have noticed no matter what, people will still drop the fuse boxes into the heat shield area, so I have upgrade the fuse box and fuse to 400 degree resistance one, which ad78, I have included in your return kit which I have replaced the full harness with a new one, re double side taped all your components, and replaced your 6000Ks for 8000Ks free or charge.

Anyone with the first generation harness, if you are unhappy with it, let me know, I will replace it.

You have to keep in mind, the profit line in the kits are not big at all, I still always go out of my way to take care of the customer no matter what,

I do not EVER ASK FOR RETURN shipping from my end, which mostly cost $15, which means, if any warranty issues come up, automatically I am out $15 plus replacement parts, in the OPs case, I replaced his full harness, new double sided tape, new bulbs, and shipped it back for free.

That totals in $90 at my cost, I am already upside down on his purchase. Which is my problem, my fault, and my doing.

Ad78, you will be really happy with your replacement, and if you wish to sell it, it is as good as brand new, new bulbs, new tapes, new harness.

And the new harness will keep everything but the bulb outside of the headlight, so no worries about making space, or trying to fit anything into the headlights.

Hope this helps, and I hope you do not think bad of me ad78, I am always here to help!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #65
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep

Quote:

its been 7days past still no kit.. all i want from you is the tracking number. i dont know man if you really shipped them last tuesday.

now you are telling me that i am going to sell the kit? i lost almost $15 shipping back the defective kit. now if i sell them i am going to lose another $15... no thank you..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #66
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
its been 7days past still no kit.. all i want from you is the tracking number. i dont know man if you really shipped them last tuesday.

now you are telling me that i am going to sell the kit? i lost almost $15 shipping back the defective kit. now if i sell them i am going to lose another $15... no thank you..
I have no clue man, at the first you where attempting to get me to refund the kit after months of purchase, so I figured you did not want the kit, its an idea, not an attack man, shipping takes time, you'll have them tomorrow 100%.
Appreciate 0