BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

iCarbon Design Power Series EXHAUST Official Group Buy!

Hey everyone!

When we set out to create this system, we wanted to accomplish a few things that we think most of the 1 Series exhausts currently out lack. Perfect fitment, an ACTUAL muffler (not just pipes with a tip), fair pricing, dyno proven results, great sound, and a system that allows the end user to customize his exhaust system as he wishes; all for a REASONABLE price. We wanted to come to the scene and produce a bolt on exhaust systems that bolts on 100% every time, can be installed at customer’s homes with basic tools, and that could be installed by customers who have virtually zero experience working on cars. With the need for a company that had the sort of knowledge to create such a system for the 1 Series crowd, and with our capability to make a great quality system at a great price, we took the challenge upon ourselves, and we truly believe this system is going to be a winner.

Originally, Gravity Autosports had asked us to design this system for them so that they could be the exclusive resellers, but we actually decided to keep them as an authorized dealer of the exhaust and sign up other retailers. This allows our product to be distributed much better locally as well as online. For the initial pre-order/Group Buy, we are going to be handling all the orders directly. This allows us to maintain a tight grip on production, provide real-time factory-direct updates, coordinating who’s ordered what, etc. After the initial launch of the exhaust system, several retailers will be handling all sales directly to customers.

System Specs and Models:

iCarbon Power Series Exhaust System for BMW 135i - Stage 1 Option:

• Axle back design for those that don’t need a full Downpipe-back system, or for those wanting a quieter exhaust

• 3" Stainless steel mandrel bent piping that goes from muffler to the stock axle back flange

• CNC'd flanges that bolt up to the OEM Mid-pipes

• Full Stainless Steel 304 muffler in our signature polished brushed aluminum finish (we think that almost chrome look is getting really old and really tacky)

• Our mufflers are built to spec by hand and not generic "Magnaflow" style mufflers that a lot of companies use

• Optional Street-Tuned muffler design (adds more insulation inside the m
muffler for a quieter sound)

• 3.5” Stainless Steel 304 tips in our signature polished brushed aluminum finish

• Option to choose tips either fully polished, or powdercoated in ANY color you wish (including black, gunmetal, etc) for an additional charge.

• Dyno proven results

iCarbon Power Series Exhaust System for BMW 135i - Stage 2 Option:
(Stage 1 + 2 combined
)

All of the above in Stage 1 plus the following:

• Twin 2.5" pipes with a CNC flange to connect to stock OR aftermarket downpipes

• Fully mandrel bent piping the entire way back

• Optimized Y-pipe design for the least restriction and turbulence in exhaust gas flow. Makes the twin 2.5" pipes into a single 3" pipe.

• CNC flange to bolt on to the stock axle back, our Stage 1 Axle-back, or any aftermarket Axle-back (that has proper fitment)

• Reuses all stock mounting hardware and bolts as well as the stock “Doughnut” gasket between the mid-pipes and the axle-back.

• Includes all other necessary hardware and installation instructions/video for easy installation in your own driveway.

• Option to powdercoat the entire mid-pipes any color of your choice (black, gunmetal, etc) for an additional charge.

iCarbon Power Series Exhaust System for BMW 135i - Stage 0 Option:

• 100% bolt on system. Installs with hand tools in as little as 15 min.

• 100% OEM fitment for a perfect install with zero gaps, every time – guaranteed.

• Twin 2.5" pipes with a CNC flange to connect to stock OR aftermarket downpipes

• Fully mandrel bent piping the entire way back

• Optimized Y-pipe design for the least restriction and turbulence in exhaust gas flow. Makes the twin 2.5" pipes into a single 3" pipe.

• CNC flange to bolt on to the stock axle back, our Stage 1 Axle-back, or any aftermarket Axle-back (that has proper fitment)

• Reuses all stock mounting hardware and bolts as well as the stock “Doughnut” gasket between the mid-pipes and the axle-back.

• Includes all other necessary hardware and installation instructions/video for easy installation in your own driveway.

• Option to powdercoat the entire mid-pipes any color of your choice (black, gunmetal, etc) for an additional charge.

* Stage 0 is ONLY the connecting pipes from the downpipes back to the axle back.

** Can be used with our system (if you purchased Stage 1 previously), the stock axle back, or with ANY aftermarket Axle-Back!!!

All of our mufflers are made to spec for our specific application as opposed to some of the overseas "Magnaflow" style mufflers some others companies use.

Our entire system is tuned for a "European" grunt and provides distinct tonal qualities at all RPM’s. You can hear the motor as it goes up and down the RPM range, not just a muffled gargle that cheap exhaust systems are notorious for. Also, and most importantly to some, we are proud to announce that our system, has virtually ZERO drone. We will be posting professionally recorded sound clips tomorrow; we just need to take our test car to his recording studio.

***Oh and for those who are wondering, our mufflers are actually made for us using our specs, so the weld line down the middle of the muffler due to these mufflers being custom made - not generic universal mufflers or overseas Magnaflow replicas.

Sound Clips: http://www.icarbondesign.com/iCarbon Exhaust.mp3

Sound Clips: http://www.icarbondesign.com/iCarbon Exhaust.mp3

[u2b]<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_hcnMONpiA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfe bd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_hcnMONpiA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfe bd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/u2b]

[u2b]<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVySoNppnQA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfe bd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVySoNppnQA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfe bd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/u2b]

[u2b]<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IS17U4N_8Q&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfe bd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IS17U4N_8Q&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfe bd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/u2b]

Group Buy Details & Pricing:

Details:

Our system is 100% done and ready for large scale production. Depending on the size of the initial Group Buy, we can have 10-15 systems fully produced, boxed, and shipped within 2 weeks.

Our Group Buy is opening today 09/28/09, and will go on for 11 days. It will close Friday, October 9th at 11:59 PM.

To purchase, please go on www.shopicarbon.com and place your order. We will then update the GB list marking those who've paid!

Your credit card will not be processed until the GB closes and everyone in the full group buy gets their credit cards processed as well. This won’t be happening for at least another week. Credit cards are stored on our Volusion site, and not manually by us. This means when your card is processed, it is automatically done so by Volusion and our payment gateway, Authorize.net. We don’t juggle around any credit card numbers, or process them manually.

Pricing:

iCarbon Power Series Exhaust System - Stage 1 (Axle back system):

*Optional S.T.M.D. (Street-Tuned Muffler Design) adds a different chamber configuration inside the muffler for quieter sound, but retains same power gains.

M.S.R.P: $1,299.99
Sell Price: $999.99
GB Price: $799.99

iCarbon Power Series Exhaust System - Stage 2 (Full Downpipe-back system):

*Comprised of both our Stage 0 and Stage 1 together

**Optional S.T.M.D. (Street-Tuned Muffler Design) adds a different chamber configuration inside the muffler for quieter sound, but retains same power gains.

M.S.R.P: $2,299.99
Sell Price: $1,499.99
GB Price: $1,299.99

iCarbon Power Series Exhaust System - Stage 0 (Downpipe-back connecting pipes):

*Fits stock axle back, aftermarket axle-backs (that fit properly like OEM), and our axle-back system

M.S.R.P: $999.99
Sell Price: $799.99
GB Price: $629.99

Available Options:

• Optional S.T.M.D. (Street-Tuned muffler design): $49

*Adds a different chamber configuration inside the muffler for quieter sound, but retains same power gains.

• Shadow Black Powdercoated Exhaust Tips: $89 (available in other colors as well)

*We can Powdercoat the entire muffler, and even the entire mid-pipes upon request. Please inquire for details and pricing.

Promotional Details:

• Any person who has purchased or is considering purchasing one of our iCarbon Shadow Diffusers (CF or FRP) will receive a combination discount on the exhaust for doing so.

Warranty and Guarantee:

• iCarbon Design Corp warrants our exhaust system for 1 year from purchase date on the fit, and the finish. Please read our terms for further details. A warranty card will be included with every purchase.

Last edited by iCARBON DESIGN; 09-29-2009 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

kudos gents, it came together nicely! now should I sell my exhaust and pick this one up??? AHHH! decisions!
      09-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Schn3ll
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 Carrera T

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
You can put me down for a Stage 2 system... pending more sound clips of the resonated muffler.

Stage 2:
1. SCHN3LL - Black Tips

Last edited by Schn3ll; 09-28-2009 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Nothing against you guys but 2,300 for an exhaust seriously. I thought you guys were going to make a reasonable priced exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
frimmelnojerz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego blue 135i

put me down for the axelback with the street muffler.
frimmskinojerz.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
derekL
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMDUBS

Garage List
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 128i  [6.96]
and once again, nothing for the 128s

|Shadowline Grills|Hotchkis Front Sway Bar|DIY CF Black Fabric Trim|Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler|Black O.Z Ultraleggeras|BMW Performance Exhaust|M-Sport Bumpers w/ Fogs|Shadowline Diffuser|CSR Eyelids|BMW Performance Shifter/Boot and Handbrake|AFE stage 2 intake|Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit|///M mirrors|Blackline LCI|
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
Nothing against you guys but 2,300 for an exhaust seriously. I thought you guys were going to make a reasonable priced exhaust?
As to what i was reading to in the other thread.
myles
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #8
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

^ who cares about MSRP? what matters is that GB price which is more than fair!
      09-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #9
Fireflyer239
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Jeep, Ducati & Harley

Should fit 128, right? Several other makers axle-backs fit both 128 and 135.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #10
ronnyek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Evo MR Touring

I was real excited about this one, but now I guess I'll just have to wait til somone knocks it off with something that sounds similar. They hit the exhaust note right on the head where it should be, pricewise? Another case of BMW enthusiasts = more $$$
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

2 questions.

is it compatible with the 128i and how much gain in hp/torque?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Here are some sound clips guys! The clips were recorded at different distances from the exhaust (some on the side of the car, some right up against it) so that's why the sound varies a bit.

http://www.icarbondesign.com/iCarbon Exhaust.mp3

It should automatically download but if you have any problems let us know and we can email you the clips!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #13
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Adding myself for the Stage 2 system, it sounds and looks really good.
      09-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #14
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Guys,

We understand your concerns with pricing. But I don't know if you guys read correctly.

MSRP is only a price that exists so that different % discounts can be applied for different purposes.

Please re-read below. Our ENTIRE Stage 2 system has a group buy price of $1,300, not $2,300. That is cheaper than some other Axle-backs only!

We're going to re-arrange our pricing structure so that no one else gets confused by so many prices - we apologize about that.

M.S.R.P: $2,299.99
Sell Price: $1,499.99
Group Buy Price: $1,299.99

Our Axle-back is $799, in the same range as some Axle-backs that are only pipes and tips! That costs pennies to make, our system is comprised of mandrel bent stainless steel piping, a custom made stainless steel muffler (in which we built the internals specifically for this car) and polished stainless steel tips as well.

M.S.R.P: $1,299.99
Sell Price: $999.99
Group Buy Price: $799.99

Not to mention, the exhaust feels great on the car, the power really had a nice increase! We're hitting the dyno (again) tomorrow, somehow our last dyno run got magically lost We revised the Y-pipe and muffler design several times to get a legitimate performance increase on the car. After experimenting with a few designs that increased high-end HP/TQ but lost pick-up and low end acceleration, we finally found an over design that picked up power throughout the power-band without feeling a bit more "sluggish" on the low end.

Any questions, let us know guys!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #15
kirby135i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

is the stage 0 the mid pipes?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #16
Eurofan
Private
Rep

Great sound, not a fan of the tips
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby135i View Post
is the stage 0 the mid pipes?
That is correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurofan View Post
Great sound, not a fan of the tips
What tips would you like better? We can make accommodations for different styles of tips...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #18
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

By the way, as promised, please go to www.shopicarbon.com to place your orders! If you encourage any problems during checkout, please let us know.

Updated Group Buy List:

1. SCHN3LL - Stage 2 w/ Black Tips PAID
2. Deamon32 - Stage 2 w/ Gunmetal Tips PAID
3. frimmskinojerz - Stage 1 w/ S.T.M.D.

Last edited by iCARBON DESIGN; 09-29-2009 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #19
carlosii
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

How much time will be the waiting time after the order is made and the shipment of the exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #20
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosii View Post
How much time will be the waiting time after the order is made and the shipment of the exhaust?
Carlos, production will take about two weeks from the time the GB closes, so you're looking at about a total of 3 weeks before this system is on the way to you.

Please remember however, that credit cards are securely stored on our Volusion powered eCommerce site, but no one will be billed until the entire GB closes.

If you needed this exhaust sooner for any particular reasons, please PM us and we can make arrangements
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #21
carlosii
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
Carlos, production will take about two weeks from the time the GB closes, so you're looking at about a total of 3 weeks before this system is on the way to you.

Please remember however, that credit cards are securely stored on our Volusion powered eCommerce site, but no one will be billed until the entire GB closes.

If you needed this exhaust sooner for any particular reasons, please PM us and we can make arrangements
Thanks for the prompt reply, I ask becuase for me is a little bit frustrating paid for a part and then have to wait months to receive it...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #22
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

That's completely understandable! The most you would have to wait is 2-3 weeks from the close date, but again, we can arrange something. Please send us a Private Message or an email to sales@icarbondesign.com and we'll get you taken care of
Appreciate 0