BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2011, 04:33 AM   #1
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Question Unable to reset brake service light

Last weekend I went ahead and installed my new Cool Carbon pads, and sensors that I bought from BavAuto. Everything went well until I tried to reset the values using the BT scan tool. They reset on the system but not on the dash. I followed a couple of DIY's on here, E90post and N54tech, but still the brake light on the dash is still on and it shows on my Idrive that I have to service the brakes

I have also heard that if you don't use OEM sensors, you will have issues trying to reset the brake service count. Does anyone know if that is a true statement or has it happened to anyone?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Nick
      03-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
Last weekend I went ahead and installed my new Cool Carbon pads, and sensors that I bought from BavAuto. Everything went well until I tried to reset the values using the BT scan tool. They reset on the system but not on the dash. I followed a couple of DIY's on here, E90post and N54tech, but still the brake light on the dash is still on and it shows on my Idrive that I have to service the brakes

I have also heard that if you don't use OEM sensors, you will have issues trying to reset the brake service count. Does anyone know if that is a true statement or has it happened to anyone?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Nick
I deleted both brake sensors and i also got that red brake light on the dash. I removed that light after using diy i found on this forum. Dont remeber the thread and cant give you the link, but try serching again. It was very easy as i remember

Last edited by Groundpilot; 03-31-2011 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Nick, I asked my guys at the BMW Zentrum in Bamberg (Auto Hering). They said you will need new brake sensors. IF you drive too long with your old sensor and new brakes - you might need to go to a BMW dealer to get rid of the brake warning light on the dash. My guy said normaly you can just reset the brake pad light via the turn signal stalk like in my DIY thread.

DIY resetting service "due" lights…

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415111

Normally BMW only has one sensor per axle. ei one on the LF brake and one on the RR brake pads. I am not sure about on our 1er's though. I see on RealOEM the sensors are cheap at $25 each. It only shows one per acel too. M3 09 AND135I 11 are you sure there are four sensors???

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Got it fixed finally

The details: I went today to Lell BMW in Weiden and got the OEM sensors and put them on this evening. Afterwards, started the car and did the DIY for resetting the lights (http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415111)

First try was a no go. Second attempt and now my brakes are reset The car is still going to the dealer on monday so they can do the mid brake lines because I am not a contortionist.
      03-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Nick, I asked my guys at the BMW Zentrum in Bamberg (Auto Hering). They said you will need new brake sensors. IF you drive too long with your old sensor and new brakes - you might need to go to a BMW dealer to get rid of the brake warning light on the dash. My guy said normaly you can just reset the brake pad light via the turn signal stalk like in my DIY thread.

DIY resetting service "due" lights…

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415111

Normally BMW only has one sensor per axle. ei one on the LF brake and one on the RR brake pads. I am not sure about on our 1er's though. I see on RealOEM the sensors are cheap at $25 each. It only shows one per acel too. M3 09 AND135I 11 are you sure there are four sensors???

Dackel
Thank you for pointing out my mistake. Corrected.
Appreciate 0