BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #67
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Finned diff cover??!?! Who makes that??
I think it's OEM, saw it on another 1M
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #68
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Yeah i saw it on the 1M, but it looked slightly different than that one. I am jst curious if they go that or if there's a different manufacturer.
      05-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #69
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
Harold,
How much for the finned diff cover?
We don't have a finalized price yet, but it will most likely list around $495

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
I think it's OEM, saw it on another 1M
This is the oem M3/1M diff. cover and it will not fit the 135/335. Our cover is actually custom made.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #70
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

That could be a great product for us weekend trackers!
      05-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #71
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
That could be a great product for us weekend trackers!
It will keep the diff oil temp lower to reduce possible oil break down and better LSD performance and longevity as well if you one.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #72
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

So riddle me this HP Autowerks....

One of the first mods I will do when I get this car will be suspension. I have my eye on the M3 suspension conversion kit with all applicable options applied, sways(do I need new endlinks?), bushings and the Koni coils...

These are all OEM parts, correct? I understand the concept of upgrading to the M3 suspension and making the 1 suspension better. I ask if there is anything better than this as far as upgrading suspension goes. Can't I just get some other brand of swaybar, endlinks, etc that are aftermarket? Would it be better? I know I am asking you, HP Autowerks, the seller of this product, and I am expecting a bias opinion as you sell these products. How much better does changing everything affect handling?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #73
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Bumppp
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #74
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
So riddle me this HP Autowerks....

One of the first mods I will do when I get this car will be suspension. I have my eye on the M3 suspension conversion kit with all applicable options applied, sways(do I need new endlinks?), bushings and the Koni coils...

These are all OEM parts, correct? I understand the concept of upgrading to the M3 suspension and making the 1 suspension better. I ask if there is anything better than this as far as upgrading suspension goes. Can't I just get some other brand of swaybar, endlinks, etc that are aftermarket? Would it be better? I know I am asking you, HP Autowerks, the seller of this product, and I am expecting a bias opinion as you sell these products. How much better does changing everything affect handling?
You will only need our adjustable endlinks if you are lowering your car.

All of the M3 suspension conversion components are oem.

You can certainly get aftermarket anti roll bars, but they don't usually fit that well, need to lube the bushings often to prevent noisy and are often too big or have too much roll stiffness if you have a decent coilover suspension.

How can I quantify "how much better"? It will completely transform the car to nearly M3 like handling when the M3 conversion is combined with a good set of springs and dampers or coilovers.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #75
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

So would you say there is something "better" out there? Would you say the M3 suspension is even necessary for a person who does a handful of track days a year and lots of daily/spirited driving? I'm quite certain I'll end up getting the suspension, but you'd think it would handle better than a M3 after all that and some of the Koni's you have.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 03:00 AM   #76
yesido
Private
Rep
Drives: 135 and 435

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #77
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
So would you say there is something "better" out there? Would you say the M3 suspension is even necessary for a person who does a handful of track days a year and lots of daily/spirited driving? I'm quite certain I'll end up getting the suspension, but you'd think it would handle better than a M3 after all that and some of the Koni's you have.
Something better? In terms of the suspension?

Yes, it would be very M3 like, but better from the more advanced dampers, springs and much lighter curb weight.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #78
kbird
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
The 135i BMW Should Have Made + More
BMW finally got the hint and created the 1M car that we have all been asking for but we still believe that the 135i model is still an extremely capable chassis and we are going to push the limits with our new project car.

We have already brought you the first N55 Berk Technology exhaust and that was only the tip of the iceberg.

As some of you may or may not know, HP Autowerks was the first to figure out that most of the M3 control arms were a direct bolt on for E82/90/92/93 way back in 2008 and were the first to market this upgrade. We did non-stop R&D on our 335i shop car and we will be doing the same with our N55 135i so that we are able to offer our customers and the 1addicts community the best options for increasing performance.

Our car will have every possible upgrade and it will be entirely performance oriented. The first aspect we will tackle is suspension. We will be using our entire M3 control arm kit to get better suspension geometry. Then we will couple this with TC Kline’s Double Adjustable Coilovers but take it a step further by using SWIFT thrust sheets and custom rate SWIFT springs which are the best on the market right now. They have shown their superiority in individual unbiased testing.

We will then move on and tackle the driveline with Quaifes new 1 series application. We had enormous success with the Quaife ATB in our 335i and we are chomping at the bit to put it in our 135i. We are going to need it with the extra power that we will be packing.

The engine already has the Berk free flow exhaust to which we will add other engine products that we up our sleeve. Among some of the planned upgrades are a GIAC tune, bigger intercooler, HP Autowerks performance filter (first filter out for the N55) and a few other goodies.
We were also the first to figure out that the M3 strut tower brace works on the E9X non-m’s. We will be working on modifying the M3 brace to work on our 135i and offer it as a product in our shop.

Although the E82 chassis is already 250lbs lighter it is still too heavy of a car. We are shedding weight by adding carbon fiber bits from iCarbon which include a carbon vented hood and carbon trunk. We will also add a carbon fiber front lip and performance diffuser although weight savings on those two pieces will be negligible. A set of leather with suede centered Recaro Sportster CS, the same seats that BMW calls the Performance seats offered in Europe, will adorn the interior. We will also install a Braille 15lb battery along with the HP Autowerks CNC’d battery holder.

Even though the 135i comes with factory Brembo brakes, they are not on the same level as the Gran Turismo brakes that Brembo offers on the aftermarket. While the GT Brembo kit would be a great upgrade we will do one better and fit our shop car with a Stoptech Trophy BBK, the same kit that we pioneered in conjunction with Stoptech on our 335i.

Overall, we are looking to lead the way with this car just as we did with our E90. This is a project that we have been looking forward to since the 135i came out and are excited to create the car that should have come from the factory. We believe that the M3 suspension components, LSD, TC Kline D/A coilovers, and weight savings combined with our power upgrades will give us an end result that we believe will give the new 1M a run for its money.

***The M3 Strut Tower Brace Kit does fit the 135i with some tweaking. Getting to your camber plates and rebound damping adjustments are so much easier now***

***M3 anti roll bars and rear subframe bushings not pictured***
Did you use an adaptor between the rear toe arm and the hub?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #79
chachacha28
NCOIC of Kickin It
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08 135i "Simona"

Quote:
what kind of dual exhaust is that? borla? does it come with a muffler delete?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #80
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
what kind of dual exhaust is that? borla? does it come with a muffler delete?
That is a Borla. No, muffler delete isn't an option.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #81
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbird View Post
Did you use an adaptor between the rear toe arm and the hub?
Adaptor between the rear toe arm and the hub? Yes, there is a machine spool piece. Looks very much like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #82
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

This is a great thread Harold. Just a little...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #83
mouse007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

BUMP.... This 135i is FTMW...!!! Amazing job, I know it's an old post. But did you end up selling this car? Also, have you put together a bundle deal with all the M3/1M suspension parts...??
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #84
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse007 View Post
BUMP.... This 135i is FTMW...!!! Amazing job, I know it's an old post. But did you end up selling this car? Also, have you put together a bundle deal with all the M3/1M suspension parts...??
Thank you for the compliments.

The car was sold about a year ago, but sadly as an all OEM/stock car. All parts were stripped and sold individually.

Yes, 1M/M3 parts can be purchased individually or as a complete kit.

http://www.hpashop.com/BMW-E8X-E9X-t...conversion.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #85
ShiftGear
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'm planning on getting a few M3 suspension parts and Koni Sport Yellows for my 1er. I saw this thread and made me want it even more. I am thinking of doing the rear lower camber link with rear bushings and front control arm kit paired with M3-spec Koni shocks. I know for the camber link I'm going to need M3 spec shocks in the rear, but would M3 shocks work for the front too? Or would I need Koni shocks designed for the 1 series up front and the Koni shocks for the M3 in the rear? Also do you think this is a good route to start modding up to a full M3 suspension? Thanks a bunch!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #86
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by giOsaurus_rEx View Post
I'm planning on getting a few M3 suspension parts and Koni Sport Yellows for my 1er. I am thinking of doing the rear lower camber link with rear bushings and front control arm kit paired with M3-spec Koni shocks. I know for the camber link I'm going to need M3 spec shocks in the rear, but would M3 shocks work for the front too? Or would I need Koni shocks designed for the 1 series up front and the Koni shocks for the M3 in the rear? Also do you think this is a good route to start modding up to a full M3 suspension? Thanks a bunch!
Front will be the standard 135i Koni Yellows. Rear must be a M3 spec version, which we carry. It's an optional item with the rear camber links, but are also sold by itself.

http://www.hpashop.com/BMW-OEM-M3-Re...ink-e9x-m3.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #87
ShiftGear
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Front will be the standard 135i Koni Yellows. Rear must be a M3 spec version, which we carry. It's an optional item with the rear camber links, but are also sold by itself.

http://www.hpashop.com/BMW-OEM-M3-Re...ink-e9x-m3.htm
Thanks a bunch for the quick reply.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #88
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Reviving an old thread ...
Any news on the E8x/E9X finned diff cover project?
Are there any options out there besides the $800 one from VAC Motorsports?
Thanks.
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0