BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
jorge135
Private
4
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Cobb Maps for Australia

Hey guys, I'm the proud new owner of a Cobb AP V3 as a gift from my gf.

My car is currently stock but I'm planning on getting a few other items in the near future such as Dp's, FMIC, and intake.

As a noob to Cobb i was wondering if the off the shelf Stage 1 maps from Cobbtuning.com are suitable for Oz delivered cars. I currently have an off the shelf map running on my car now but he seems to be throwing errors when i hit full throttle.

The error i was getting was "29D0 - Misfire, cylinder 4". My car hasn't had any issues when it was stock so im wondering if this is the car adjusting to the new map or if its an actual problem with my car.

Any info would be great.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
jorge135
Private
4
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the help. My car has approx 95,500kms.

I have put the stock map back on and it seems the CEL is no longer thrown.

I'm suspecting its the coils or sparks as i haven't had them replaced since buying the car at 52,000kms.

I'll troubleshoot the misfire over the weekend. Hopefully its a quick and cheap fix
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
631twentyeighteye's Avatar
United_States
182
Rep
2,241
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long island

iTrader: (7)

it's the coil pack.
__________________
08 e93 335i MT
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
bsm135
Private First Class
bsm135's Avatar
20
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: Bmw 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge135
Hey guys, I'm the proud new owner of a Cobb AP V3 as a gift from my gf.

My car is currently stock but I'm planning on getting a few other items in the near future such as Dp's, FMIC, and intake.

As a noob to Cobb i was wondering if the off the shelf Stage 1 maps from Cobbtuning.com are suitable for Oz delivered cars. I currently have an off the shelf map running on my car now but he seems to be throwing errors when i hit full throttle.

The error i was getting was "29D0 - Misfire, cylinder 4". My car hasn't had any issues when it was stock so im wondering if this is the car adjusting to the new map or if its an actual problem with my car.

Any info would be great.
Congrats on the cobb v3! Where did u purchase it from, if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
jorge135
Private
4
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd135 View Post
Congrats on the cobb v3! Where did u purchase it from, if you don't mind me asking?
The Cobb V3 was a present from my gf. She said she ordered it from a place called xtr in the u.s
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #6
Kiwi Peter
Kiwi Peter's Avatar
New Zealand
145
Rep
1,460
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 2012 Edition 500
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cambridge, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
At that mileage replace all coils and plugs IMO. Suggest BMW OE parts. I put in Bosch OEM plugs last week and they resulted in a shiver and idle, old plugs back and runs fine. Tuned N54 cars should have plugs changed every 25,000k
Hey Ian
We have had issues with new plugs, always check that the electrode gap is the same on all 4 earth straps as they do get knocked around in the boxes its an easy fix to sort it out.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
Magoo
New Member
3
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 09 135i & 08 VW Pirelli Gti
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Goldcoast Australia

iTrader: (0)

Sorry to head jack all.

I've recently bought a 2009 135i. Can I purchase US accessports from ebay/online retailers for an australian spec vehicle , or do I have to purchase an accessport in OZ? Is there any difference?

Thanks Aaron
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #8
jorge135
Private
4
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Sorry to head jack all.

I've recently bought a 2009 135i. Can I purchase US accessports from ebay/online retailers for an australian spec vehicle , or do I have to purchase an accessport in OZ? Is there any difference?

Thanks Aaron
I'm not to sure about buying from ebay. I would suggest contacting the seller and findiing out if its compatible with you model car.

My unit was purchased from XTR which is a US based store but they had confirmed the unit would run fine on my car.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
australia, cobb

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST