BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-25-2011, 05:07 AM   #89
dossantr
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryGP View Post
Do you guys think that its insurance will be that much more that a 135i??? after all its got only a "little" more power???
Should be as the car is nearly 100k more than the 135i as well as a bit more power output. Phoned my insurance and they don't have the 1M on their system yet so they could not tell me how much more i will be paying when mine arrives.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #90
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossantr View Post
Should be as the car is nearly 100k more than the 135i as well as a bit more power output. Phoned my insurance and they don't have the 1M on their system yet so they could not tell me how much more i will be paying when mine arrives.
When are you expecting delivery? Mine comes off production second week of June but likely delivery only last week of August...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #91
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyman View Post
When are you expecting delivery? Mine comes off production second week of June but likely delivery only last week of August...
I was told the same by my dealer. Seems like that our cars will be build around the same time. They will be sharing the same ship on the way to SA.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 02:40 AM   #92
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
I was told the same by my dealer. Seems like that our cars will be build around the same time. They will be sharing the same ship on the way to SA.
:-)

You can track dates here :-

https://ecom.bmw.co.za/dws/OwnersCir...OrderedVehicle

Apparently once car is off production the dates change, Vehicle Delivery Centre is apparently when it hits SA (Durban Port?)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #93
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyman View Post
:-)

You can track dates here :-

https://ecom.bmw.co.za/dws/OwnersCir...OrderedVehicle

Apparently once car is off production the dates change, Vehicle Delivery Centre is apparently when it hits SA (Durban Port?)
Thanks foxyman, only have a reference number and will start to track it when my dealer gives me my order number. VDC is in Roslyn (Pretoria) next to the BMW production plant. That's where the vehicle gets dewaxed, sprayed with DATADOT and then invoiced to the dealer before being delivered to the dealer.

Last edited by dossantr; 05-27-2011 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #94
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Wow, what a machine saw the first 1M today in VO at VDC (Roslyn, Pretoria). Can't explain how good it looks in real life. Some lucky guy will have his 1M next week.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #95
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Got a call from my dealer. my car reached durban a few days ago. should be in rosslyn next week.... cant wait...im now officially going crazy.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #96
imraanh
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

My (non bmw M)dealer in Durban recieved an allocation with an end of July production week and an end of sep Ready For Invoicing. I know of a BMW M dealer in Durban that have a specced up unit (by BMW SA) arriving in Aug and an allocation (specced by a customer) for a Sep delivery. As it stands my colour choice is Valencia Orange which im probably gonna change to Black Sapphire cos in my opinion most of the 1M's in SA are gonna be orange or white. With regards to the options im going for a stripped out unit with PDC only cos the whole point of this exercise is to remake the original E30 M3. Once you start adding extras the price will shoot up to the price range of used M3's.At the current price the 1M is already more than used M3 sedans.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 12:27 AM   #97
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Please share the dealer info If you don't mind. My dealer did not get an allocation as expected.

Last edited by ghusheshe; 06-20-2011 at 12:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 03:03 AM   #98
imraanh
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Forsdicks bmw Pinetown
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #99
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by imraanh View Post
Forsdicks bmw Pinetown
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #100
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Angry

I have now been told that my car will stay at rosslyn until 31 July until they are all released to the dealers at the same time. This really sucks....Thought my waiting was almost over...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #101
foxyman
Private
South Africa
Rep

Mine at the harbour in Germany so not sure when it gets on a boat but hopefully gets to Rosslyn before 31st July...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #102
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
I have now been told that my car will stay at rosslyn until 31 July until they are all released to the dealers at the same time. This really sucks....Thought my waiting was almost over...
The cars should be released by the end of June or early July. The first car (VO) arrived about 3 weeks ago at Rosslyn (VDC). That car arrived first in SA as it should of been a press unit, but BMW SA decided not to release it to the press and rather sell it to a customer due to limited allocations available to SA. When all 13 May build cars arrive at Rosslyn BMW SA should release them to the dealers.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #103
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Mine is a may built car so surly all the other may build cars arrived on the same ship and are in rosslyn with mine?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #104
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Mine is a may built car so surly all the other may build cars arrived on the same ship and are in rosslyn with mine?
I know someone that has been told by his M dealer that he should be taking delivery of his 1M on the 8th of July. Will keep you updated. Mine is due in August (June Build).
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #105
dossantr
South Africa
Rep

BMWSA will soon have its press release of the 1M and then the cars at VDC will be released to the dealers. Will try and find out the exact date. They have received their extra unit which at the moment is with Car Magazine in Cape Town. Foxyman as you stay in the Cape be in the look out for a VO 1M with GP number plates.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 04:17 AM   #106
aacabriolet
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Coupe

So is there any chance of getting hold of a 1M at the moment? No one here cancelling theirs etc.?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #107
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sorry I wouldn't cancel my order for the world. this wait has been killing me

How many dealers did you call. did you all give you the same answers about have many there are etc??
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #108
aacabriolet
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Coupe

Quote:
Sorry I wouldn't cancel my order for the world. this wait has been killing me

How many dealers did you call. did you all give you the same answers about have many there are etc??
Yup lots, called most on JHB. Oh well.

Congrats on the car
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #109
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
Yup lots, called most on JHB. Oh well.

Congrats on the car

Thanks. So did they confirm that it was limited and the would never be getting more did they give you the numbers??? This was never answered when I ordered mine back in November.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #110
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
BMWSA will soon have its press release of the 1M and then the cars at VDC will be released to the dealers. Will try and find out the exact date. They have received their extra unit which at the moment is with Car Magazine in Cape Town. Foxyman as you stay in the Cape be in the look out for a VO 1M with GP number plates.
Thanks dossantr. so do you think the press release will happen sooner than month end? I am annoyed that the press can get a car early but we must wait until the launch.

Did you see that BNW sa finally has a link to the car. a bit late dont you think.
Appreciate 0