Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #24
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by juyeop View Post
Hey guys, so I have 2013 STI as a daily which I have really fun driving and E92 M3 as a weekend car sitting at 28,000 miles AW manual comp pack.

I've had m3 for about 2 years, but more I drive it, more I feel how heavy M3 is. Yes, V8 growls and M3 looks great in terms of proportion and it does catch people's eyes for sure.

I used to drive 128i, so I know how fun E82 chassis is and that is why I'm contemplating whether I should sell M3 and get 1M as a weekend. All my car friends are telling to go get GT4 since 1M is really really close to 981 GT4 price now like $10,000~$20,000. What's your guys' opinion?

I can't own 3 cars atm and I kinda like driving STI as a daily, so I only have a choice of either keeping M3 or swapping M3 for 1M.
Don't do it - I owned both. 1M is terrific, but you'll miss how emotive the S65 is. I pondered dropping one in my 1M...but came to my senses re: value destruction.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #25
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:
Hey guys, so I have 2013 STI as a daily which I have really fun driving and E92 M3 as a weekend car sitting at 28,000 miles AW manual comp pack.

I've had m3 for about 2 years, but more I drive it, more I feel how heavy M3 is. Yes, V8 growls and M3 looks great in terms of proportion and it does catch people's eyes for sure.

I used to drive 128i, so I know how fun E82 chassis is and that is why I'm contemplating whether I should sell M3 and get 1M as a weekend. All my car friends are telling to go get GT4 since 1M is really really close to 981 GT4 price now like $10,000~$20,000. What's your guys' opinion?

I can't own 3 cars atm and I kinda like driving STI as a daily, so I only have a choice of either keeping M3 or swapping M3 for 1M.
I understand that your familiar with the E82 platform via your prior 128i ownership. However, have you ever driven a 1M?

If not, I would strongly suggest trying to do so before anything else. Then take some time to think about it and revisit this debate.

My personal feeling is if you like the size/form factor, you going to just love it. It's honestly just the perfect size and tons of fun to drive on the street 😎
Appreciate 1
ayao627.50
      10-07-2019, 03:50 PM   #26
MechE
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Sold my GT4, but kept my 1M

I was fortunate enough to be able to buy both the 1M and GT4 as new cars. I still have the 1M, but I only kept the GT4 two years.

By most performance standards the GT4 is the superior car. Its steering, brakes, handling, and shift lever action are in a different league compared to the 1M’s. That said, the GT4’s engine feels “strangled” and lacks emotion compared to the same engine in a C2S, and the GT4’s 1st and 2nd gears are FAR TOO STEEP for the street. Unfortunately, 1st and 2nd are integrated into a single shaft and cannot be easily changed. As such, I simply found the GT4 to be a boring street car unless I was driving it at speeds well beyond the posted limit.

I tell people the 1M has the personality of a “puppy dog on a hard wood floor”. It’s not the most graceful or linear car, but it’s always ready to play and is a lot of fun every day in the real world. It’s also very practical with decent trunk space and a back seat.

If you frequently go to the track, the GT4 is unquestionably the better choice, but I would much rather drive the 1M on the street. Overall, I liked the GT4, but I love the 1M.
Appreciate 10
nachob2307.00
MartB64.50
Tornado1M1206.00
mtl8850.00
10"4946.00
dkat119.00
dtla1826.00
///BYU268.50
      10-07-2019, 06:02 PM   #27
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

nachob 's enthousiasm is ever infectious . Here are some facts around these presumed 'Canadian only' benefits:

The Canadian 1Ms had a couple other cool options.
1. As iDontRemember mentioned, they strippers came with bluetooth and heated seats standard which adds little weight but makes the wives happy.

From Sept '11 onwards, starting from US VIN 47600 and after, US strippers had Bluetooth as a headunit intergrated option (Sales code 7H9 VO codes 6FL and 6NN)

2. They also used the older tire circumference based tire pressure monitoring system that does not have TPMS sensors in the wheels so you can swap wheels without worrying about TPMS sensors, TPMS sensor rebuilds or TPMS sensor batteries.

Any 1M in the world that has the (US) locally manditory hardware TMPS, can have that coded out by removing the corresponding VO 2VB (and take out the TMPS rim sensors and receiver). Then the EU software version TMPS will automaticlly kick in! Not sure on the legal status of the EU TPMS version in US and or Canadian imported cars.
Appreciate 4
///BYU268.50
ayao627.50
      10-07-2019, 10:24 PM   #28
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechE View Post
I was fortunate enough to be able to buy both the 1M and GT4 as new cars. I still have the 1M, but I only kept the GT4 two years.

By most performance standards the GT4 is the superior car. Its steering, brakes, handling, and shift lever action are in a different league compared to the 1M’s. That said, the GT4’s engine feels “strangled” and lacks emotion compared to the same engine in a C2S, and the GT4’s 1st and 2nd gears are FAR TOO STEEP for the street. Unfortunately, 1st and 2nd are integrated into a single shaft and cannot be easily changed. As such, I simply found the GT4 to be a boring street car unless I was driving it at speeds well beyond the posted limit.

I tell people the 1M has the personality of a “puppy dog on a hard wood floor”. It’s not the most graceful or linear car, but it’s always ready to play and is a lot of fun every day in the real world. It’s also very practical with decent trunk space and a back seat.

If you frequently go to the track, the GT4 is unquestionably the better choice, but I would much rather drive the 1M on the street. Overall, I liked the GT4, but I love the 1M.
well said thanks for sharing. Have talked to many owners who have done the same bought great other cars and sold them and kept the 1M.

My favourite was someone who had an E46 M3 CSL and then bought a 1M and then decided the 1M was the one to keep and ditched the CSL.

the 1M is second to nobody in terms of modern cars....
      10-08-2019, 06:46 AM   #29
MartB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M BMW E46 M3 MANUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
well said thanks for sharing. Have talked to many owners who have done the same bought great other cars and sold them and kept the 1M.

My favourite was someone who had an E46 M3 CSL and then bought a 1M and then decided the 1M was the one to keep and ditched the CSL.

the 1M is second to nobody in terms of modern cars....

I couldn't agree more with the above comments!

I'm lucky enough to get to drive a lot of nice cars on road trips,
Gt4, 991 Gt3, Aston V12 Vantage, Ferrari 430 scuderia and I can honestly say hand on heart that as great as those cars are I have more fun when I climb back into the 1M.
The other cars are just so capable and composed but just lack that puppy like nature of the 1M.
Appreciate 3
gmx166.00
seis-speed2426.00
      10-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #30
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
nachob 's enthousiasm is ever infectious . Here are some facts around these presumed 'Canadian only' benefits:

The Canadian 1Ms had a couple other cool options.
1. As iDontRemember mentioned, they strippers came with bluetooth and heated seats standard which adds little weight but makes the wives happy.

From Sept '11 onwards, starting from US VIN 47600 and after, US strippers had Bluetooth as a headunit intergrated option (Sales code 7H9 VO codes 6FL and 6NN)

2. They also used the older tire circumference based tire pressure monitoring system that does not have TPMS sensors in the wheels so you can swap wheels without worrying about TPMS sensors, TPMS sensor rebuilds or TPMS sensor batteries.

Any 1M in the world that has the (US) locally manditory hardware TMPS, can have that coded out by removing the corresponding VO 2VB (and take out the TMPS rim sensors and receiver). Then the EU software version TMPS will automaticlly kick in! Not sure on the legal status of the EU TPMS version in US and or Canadian imported cars.
Thank you. You are too kind. : )

I forgot near the end of the run they made Bluetooth base after most 1Ms were delivered. In Canada they all came as far as I know with it as well as heated seats. I got my first one in August and at the time I didn't feel Bluetooth was that important in an m car for what I wanted and you couldn't just add Bluetooth. It was dependent on another package which I can't recall which made it a pricey add on especially if you didn't see it as important. As far as tpms i bought extra wheels and ended up buying extra tpms. I also had one fail on me and replaced it again so I found the older tpms system a cool thing if you swap wheels. Great info that you can disable it but was just convenient how it comes that way. The us system is nice but I like
The older system if you swap wheels without having to hassle with those. So yes I found those differences to be cool because i owned both versions so I appreciated them. The only thing I like more about the US version is that they extended the injector warranty on US vins and not the Canadian vins. All other recalls apply as they are safety things but not injectors. Boo. BMW. They admit injectors are lame but Canadians get screwed even though the exact same part.

I hope that helps and thanks again for the extra info.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 07:53 PM   #31
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Another thing with the 1M is that it is almost an organism. It's like a person that has good days and bad days. Some days it just feels "fast" but not "crazy fast" and you get lulled and used to power then some days, usually on a cool morning, you push the trottle with commitment like you have done hundreds of times before and the thing takes off on you, usually in second gear, and for a few hundreds to a second you are "behind" the car....if you know what I mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechE View Post
Totally agree. This is a great thread.

Hey nachob, did you take this in southern Utah near the Colorado border? I think I've been here -- either that or this place has a doppelganger. https://goo.gl/maps/bSceMf7q4phPypZZA

Back on topic...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #32
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BYU View Post
Totally agree. This is a great thread.

Hey nachob, did you take this in southern Utah near the Colorado border? I think I've been here -- either that or this place has a doppelganger. https://goo.gl/maps/bSceMf7q4phPypZZA

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ji...n=w800-h513-no[/IMG]

Back on topic...
Yes! Crazy how you found it. That is exactly it Big Brother!.. What am I wearing now??? : )

It's in southern Utah a bit south of Arches National Park as I was heading toward Monument Valley.

On a different thought, OP, if you buy a 1M I recommend at least one road trip and I highly recommend driving through Utah....some of the most, spectacular scenery and great roads.

Here's another similar pic of a Wheel Shop in Nebraska, I guess wheels aren't that big there. : )

Also, I discovered the best Camouflage in Utah is Valencia Orange.

: )
Attached Images

Last edited by nachob; 10-08-2019 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: didn't see map link first time
Appreciate 2
///BYU268.50
      10-09-2019, 04:54 PM   #33
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Speaking as someone that had both an E92M and an E90M.... One DCT and the other 6 speed, I say yes! The only thing i miss is the sound. everything else is better.

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 4
Tornado1M1206.00
10"4946.00
      10-27-2019, 06:35 AM   #34
Odyssey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: S65 '1M', Cayman GT4, RS4

Interesting thread, especially MechE's experience.

I have driven the E92 M3, 135i, 1M and GT4 extensively and own an S65 converted 1M clone. The only reason I don't own a GT4 is that it can't get into my driveway.

The second my renovations are finished the '1M' is gone! (although I'll be buying a new GT4). I'm amazed that this is even a comparison if it is true that in the US the 1M & GT4 are similar in price. Here in Australia the GT4 is still $160-200k while 1Ms are under $50k.

If you love the M3 I think you'll be disappointed in the 1M. Losing 160kg is significant but that low revving torquey motor just doesn't suit the car. A GT4 might be tall geared but it loves to rev and sounds glorious doing it. The GT4 feels tiny, low & light. It is razor sharp and actually gives feedback (instead of the quick but numb 1M steering).

There will naturally be a strong pro 1M bias here that I don't think is justified. I would strongly suggest test driving both the 1M & GT4 before deciding.
Appreciate 1
gmx166.00
      10-27-2019, 12:01 PM   #35
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post

I have driven the E92 M3, 135i, 1M and GT4 extensively and own an S65 converted 1M clone. The only reason I don't own a GT4 is that it can't get into my driveway.

The second my renovations are finished the '1M' is gone! (although I'll be buying a new GT4). I'm amazed that this is even a comparison if it is true that in the US the 1M & GT4 are similar in price. Here in Australia the GT4 is still $160-200k while 1Ms are under $50k.

If you love the M3 I think you'll be disappointed in the 1M. Losing 160kg is significant but that low revving torquey motor just doesn't suit the car. A GT4 might be tall geared but it loves to rev and sounds glorious doing it. The GT4 feels tiny, low & light. It is razor sharp and actually gives feedback (instead of the quick but numb 1M steering).

There will naturally be a strong pro 1M bias here that I don't think is justified. I would strongly suggest test driving both the 1M & GT4 before deciding.
No offense....and not to downplay how awesome the GT4 is, but this is coming from someone with a 1M Clone. I.e. not a 1M 🤔
Appreciate 1
10"4946.00
      10-27-2019, 01:17 PM   #36
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Jason Barlow from Top Gear after driving the 1M.
“Stocky car, light weight (well, relatively light, by modern standards anyway – 1497kg), powerful engine, terrific rear-drive chassis, second-gear hairpin with perfect forward visibility… why can’t all cars be like this? Aim, point, fire. Balancing this thing on the steering and throttle is pretty much the crack cocaine of the car world.”

Following up on this quote: OP, to me this is not debatable, but it depends on what you want in a car? If you like smaller, nimble, quick-to-move cars, 1M is about as good as it gets. However, If you like pounding long straights in a V8 then save some money and go the E92 route. I personally love the size and playfulness of the 1M, but others want a different experience. I also think where you live will determine how you want to enjoy a car. YMMV
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1206.00
      10-27-2019, 08:16 PM   #37
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post

All types of wrong here.

Average selling price for a 1M in Australia is $75k or more. It was only $99k new

And 160 kg is a big deal AND the N54 is a waaaaaay more enjoyable formula than the S65. Alive and rabid and full of energy; no wonder you're underwhelmed by your clone!

We will take the 1M thank you very much.
      10-27-2019, 09:46 PM   #38
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:

OP, where do you live? Find someone nearby that has a 1M and see if they will help you with decision. I wanted to buy E92 M3 but after driving it for a weekend, it always felt heavy...and lethargic...until you got revs up and then it was a sweet car. Sounded amazing also. The 1M is fun from the first push button start and one of the "very" few cars I ever driven that makes me giddy when I arrive at my destination, and that could be just a store down the road. I took it to Tail of the Dragon and we drove our cars hard. I was easily able to keep up with a 2012 E92 M3 and a 2018 M3. Drive it and you'll buy it.
      10-27-2019, 11:01 PM   #39
Odyssey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: S65 '1M', Cayman GT4, RS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
No offense....and not to downplay how awesome the GT4 is, but this is coming from someone with a 1M Clone. I.e. not a 1M ��
Other than my car having an S65 rather than N54 please let me know why this makes a difference? The clone has the exact same body, suspension geometry, steering system, diff and chassis electronics.

Maybe the S65, Ohlins coilovers, F80 brake system and Recaro seats have spoiled it...

Either way, I'm not sure why this has any bearing on my opinion on the 1M- as I pointed out I have driven the 1M quite a bit. I considered buying one both when they were new and prior to building my current 1 series but could just never get excited about the N54. Same reason I went AMG after testing the F80 M3- I just found the S55 motor totally unexciting.

My point, which I think has been amply reinforced, is that the OP should take any opinions offered on this forum with a large dose of caution and test both cars thoroughly before deciding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
All types of wrong here.

Average selling price for a 1M in Australia is $75k or more. It was only $99k new

And 160 kg is a big deal AND the N54 is a waaaaaay more enjoyable formula than the S65. Alive and rabid and full of energy; no wonder you're underwhelmed by your clone!

We will take the 1M thank you very much.

As I mentioned above- I'm not comparing to my car.

I have spent plenty of time driving the real 1M.

I find the 1M motor underwhelming. It's greatly improved by the addition of the S65 but in my opinion it's still not in the same league as the GT4. I'm amazed that this is even a serious question if they are really the same price in the US.

BTW:Advertised prices for 1Ms for sale in Aus right now range from $55k to $75k with one dreamer at $88k. The one that I know sold recently got $49k. I guarantee you could own one today (in any colour) with $50k cash.

The GT4s currently for sale range from $173k to $219k.

Last edited by Odyssey; 10-27-2019 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
gmx166.00
      10-28-2019, 06:56 AM   #40
Sam_M
Tea wot?
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 135i 6MT

I'm gonna buck the trend and recommend something more off piste

Your daily is a WRX, so it's not like you want luxury in a daily car, let alone a weekend car.

You like balanced, FR handling in a weekend car but want something lighter than an E92 M3. A 1M is lighter but also 70hp down on the E92.

My advice - buy an FD3S RX-7 and put a Turblown Borg Warner EFR kit on it along with Ohlins and larger brakes.

You'll have a car that's lighter than both the 1M and the E92, with just as much accessible power. Especially if you go for the EFR 7670 over the 8374.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #41
RaceCarDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 LBB 6 speed

i currently have a 1M and E46 M3 and previously owned an E90 M3. I would rank them:

1) 1M
2) E46 M3
3) E90 M3

but all three are great. Like others have said you will have to drive one back to back with your car to decide.

Good Luck

Glenn
Appreciate 3
nachob2307.00
1&done246.50
      10-28-2019, 08:32 PM   #42
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Both lovely cars. Each M car has it’s good and bad points and I always find I miss certain characteristics off other M cars I’ve owned.

I’m currently on my 4th E46 M3. I’ve had 2 E92 M3’s, one 1M and few other E36’s, E39 etc.

I’m a sucker for tinkering and then selling and doing it again but if I had to keep a single car forever and could never sell it it would be the 1M. I dunno what is it about it but it’s the one. And yes even knowing this I sold it recently and got a high mileage e46 m3 to tinker with haha.

At least in Australia they don’t seem to have gone crazy in prices like other parts of the world as we had like 300 delivered amongst population of about 23milion.
Sold my 125k kms example (very tidy) for just under 44k AUD. Definitely look forward to picking up another one down the line
Appreciate 3
      11-05-2019, 07:14 PM   #43
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Drive a BMW because you need a backseat and/or you don’t want to look flashy. If not, buy the GT4 or some other Porsche for a weekend car.

As a poster mentioned above, it’s a bit nuts that the 1M price is close to the GT4’s price in the US, simply due to rarity.
Appreciate 1
gmx166.00
      11-07-2019, 06:52 AM   #44
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I always wanted an M3. The E46 was my favorite and when we were about to have our second kid when I saw in autoweek that E46 production was ending. I told wife, I gotta get E46, don't care if it doesn't make sense with two young kids and ran down to dealer. They told me, sorry production ended so no more Euro delivery. All we have left are SMGs which I didn't want one and can find some manuals but all fully loaded or with weird interior colors and loaded etc. So I passed and waited next M3. I decided I was going to get next one. Then the 1 series came out and got excited. Loved the size of it. I had a really nice 325i sport MT that I really liked and the 128i didn't feel that much better to make the jump into payments. I liked the steering on the E46 better and the 135i was just not sharp enough for me. The steering was a little slow, no LSD, no cloth seat option just vinyl or leather and pretty pricey so I decided to wait for E90 M3. It came out and loved the style, the engine sounded great when they went by but when I test drove it, it kept underwhelming me. I didn't like the manual shifting was not as good as I hoped for. The car sounded rough and sickly when cold and it felt big and heavy to me. But still I had always wanted an M3 and made a plan to buy one in 2011 and do Euro delivery. Then the 1M came out and I agonized because it was smaller, lighter, nimbler, only in manual trans as I felt it should be and I liked the fact that it had a "normal" motor because I wanted to daily drive it and exotic motors are not good for that. Then I test drove the M3 again and while the motor when warmed up is fantastic, the same things cropped up. It felt big and heavy compared to my e46 and you had to wait a while for the motor to warm up and not sound sickly. The fuel mileage in 2011 was horrible and even though Interlagos Blue is my favorite color, I decided to go 1M without even driving it.

I still love the look of the E90 M3 and I could see getting one some day but the 1M is just more engaging around town in my humble opinion. The shifter is better, the clutch is light and good. People complain about N54 reliability which is usually injectors and maybe turbos but E90s, have bearing issues, throttle actuator issues and others also. I still prefer a good NA motor over a turbo, but that motor would've been better served in a lighter car where the low torque wouldn't be as big a factor. Anyway, the 1M is not perfect. It has turbo lag and takes some throttle discipline. It is a much more hard edged car than the M3. It only has a very firm fixed suspension however, it is actually great with 18" wheels and tires. The 1M might not be for you, you HAVE to drive one and decide for yourself. If you want a weekend car, that is one nice thing about the 1M, they hold their value well for low mileage cars.

In 2013, during the California recession, I sold my first 1M and went on the market later and planned to get something else. I bought a 2003 ZHP MT which is feel is the greatest family car ever made for car enthusiasts and started to look at e90 M3s again. I would swoon when I saw an I.B. E90 M3 sedan but once I drove them, the same thing happened. It just felt a bit heavy and a bit big still so I loved looking at them and listening to it but driving it around town just didn't match the visual and aural components.

I also started to test the 228i, 235i, M2, F80 M3 and nothing quite did it for me for various reasons so finally I gave up and searched for a low mileage 1M. I found one in Canada and imported it. Even with the Canadian savings, it still cost me more than what I paid for my new one in 2011! That was 2015 and that car is still in my garage.

As I said it is not perfect. The default traction control is awful. The car has so much torque that it kicks in the traction control immediately and you are constantly getting the blinking light. On the other hand, you are walking away with the car in one piece because it can catch you offguard sometimes. The M Dynamic mode is amazing. It's as if BMW left the regular 135i traction control in the 1M and only worked on the MDM. I wish I could code the MDM on all the time. I have even autocrossed my first 1M in MDM and it is great but you have to turn it on every time you want. Another thing with the 1M is that it is almost an organism. It's like a person that has good days and bad days. Some days it just feels "fast" but not "crazy fast" and you get lulled and used to power then some days, usually on a cool morning, you push the trottle with commitment like you have done hundreds of times before and the thing takes off on you, usually in second gear, and for a few hundreds to a second you are "behind" the car....if you know what I mean. Sometimes you go around a corner one way and then another time it behaves a little differently. Many have panned this trait. My ZHP is like the Silver, the Lone Ranger's horse. It does everything exactly as I expect when I want it to. I whitstle and it trots over to me and eagerly does what I tell it to do. The 1M is more like recently broken mustang (the horse not the car)...most of the time it does what you tell it but periodically it will do what it wants and you don't tell it what to do, you ask it what to do. While this trait is not what BMWs are known for and considered a bad trait, it has had one unplanned side effect, that Chris Harris has pointed out succintly...it has a bad boy demeanor that you never quite get comfortable with it. So while people want their cars to be easy to drive and do exactly what they want, the 1M doesn't quite do that which keeps you from taking it for granted or getting bored with it. Driving many modern BMWs is like having a beautiful stepford wife that you fulfills all your wishes and desires eagerly but the 1M is like marrying a some badass girl that will make you mad some days but when things are good, they are outstanding.

Some people want the stepford wife, the big sterile McMansion and the Cadillac SUV. Some want things that are a little less perfect, more real, maybe a little raw. So you should drive a 1M and see for yourself. I still really like the E90 M3 and would love to have one because it's the last of the great BMW NA motors but If I could only have one, I have twice now gone with the 1M if I could only have one of them.

Is it worth making the jump if you already have an M3, probably not, that is still a great car but if you didn't have the M3, I would go 1M or E46 M3.

I know that's a lot of info, but it's not really a black and white thing. I hope it helps somewhat though!

Best wishes and let us know what you decide!
Nacho my friend .... great and comprehensive response. Truth about the multiple personality of our beloved little beasts ..... love your newBBS look .... next time put the 295 on the rear and enjoy the much better hook up (even with aggressive tune). Like you, fun to drive with traction control off but you had better know which personality your little beast woke up with that day .... different animal in 40 degrees versus 85 😈😈😈
Appreciate 1
nachob2307.00