BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-19-2020, 09:51 PM   #23
Qkdavis76
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Hello! I have a 2010 128i. I put in seats from a 2010 3 series and also the console. I have the airbag light on and I have tried to clear it but it stays on. I was told to get a passenger seat occupancy emulator bypass but I do not know which one to get. I also have a black wire which not plugged into anything underneath both seats which i believe is the seat occupancy sensor for the OE seats. Where does this plug into or does it? It sits right next to the yellow box 😐
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 11:46 PM   #24
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qkdavis76 View Post
Hello! I have a 2010 128i. I put in seats from a 2010 3 series and also the console. I have the airbag light on and I have tried to clear it but it stays on. I was told to get a passenger seat occupancy emulator bypass but I do not know which one to get. I also have a black wire which not plugged into anything underneath both seats which i believe is the seat occupancy sensor for the OE seats. Where does this plug into or does it? It sits right next to the yellow box 😐
That is the plug for the active headrests, part of the airbag system. Pre LCI E90 seats do not have them, LCI E90 seats do.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 10:52 AM   #25
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qkdavis76 View Post
There is also a sensor that gets plugged into the seat rail, it's the seat belt positioning sensor I believe. I forgot to plug mine in when I installed seats and the female seatbelt end crinkled (like it does in an accident). If it's not plugged in on first start up, your car will likely do the same. The only fix is a new female seat belt piece being installed. I still haven't swapped mine, I'm going to try and use the one from my m3 donor seat.
      02-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #26
Qkdavis76
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Hey is it possible for you to show me a picture where the sensor gets plugged in on the seat rail? And also what did you do about the plug for the active headrests? You just left it hanging...lol?
Appreciate 0