BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-03-2020, 03:19 PM   #1
solohan330
Rep
Drives: 128i

Steering Wheel controls kaput

Had my '09 128i, MT, non-I-Drive in for oil pan gasket replaced. When I picked up the car my steering wheel controls did not work. I don't have phone integration, but do have the aux USB and I-Pod that resides in under the armrest. The horn works fine but the buttons are not lit up and none of them work. All the functions work fine from the head unit - volune stations, aux, I-pod - just nothing from the wheel controls.

While I know just cause B followed A doesn't mean A caused B, is there anything that could have been disconnected or shorted when removing the front sub frame that could have caused this.
09 128i
BMWCCA #403374
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 04:21 AM   #2
bobowar135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' Sedona Red 135i

Do you have a factory or aftermarket head unit? I've had an identical issue with my Pioneer aftermarket unit anytime the battery is disconnected (last time was a few weeks ago after I had my own sump gasket replaced, coincidence?). I'd say it had to do with disconnecting the battery and not to do with the actual work done.
If aftermarket, look for a way to turn off all source inputs, then the activate steering wheel option in the settings menu should become selectable.
If factory, then sorry mate, I can't help you.
Appreciate 0