BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-02-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
mack128i
1er
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i e82

Purpose of the post is to inform other 1ers on my experience with the install. Nothing performance related, although I will point out a couple of things below.

#1 - it's a pain in the ass, it truly was. At one point I was almost wondering if it was worth it.

#2 - what got me frustrated is that the air flow intake where the MAF is, had a tough time attaching to the intake adapter. The adapter is a piece of rubber that the filter housing attaches to and it's a pain in the arse to get the rubber adapter to fit inside the filter housing.

#3 - piece of advice, unattach the power steering resevoir from its bracket and move it to the side, actually have someone hold it for you if possible. This way you can really get your hand around the housing and the adapter.

#4 - after I had it put together, and the power steering resevoir back on, the intake slipped off the
rubber adapter. UGH. So had to do it all over again, tighten that SOB down good...last you want is it popping off while driving.

#5 - when installing the top, or lid on the intake, I had to drill a small bit around the hole on the lid to line up with the hole on the box housing. The whole thing is plastic and so everything doesn't line up perfectly, and that is understandable, it's plastic. And when lining up most of the holes I REALLY had to push in on the walls of the box to line up and get the bolt started.

#6 - all in all, the install is extremely easy, but you may have a few areas that may test your patience.

#7 - in the end, was it worth it? Damn right, it sounds bad ass when I get down on it, absolutely beautiful. Throttle response is better, and probably does feel a bit more powerful through the mid range. I have a stage 1 tune from Turner Motorsport, and adding this to it I believe does give it a tad more noticeable power.

#8 - after everything what did I pay for? A Bimmer that sounds bad ass, with a bit more throttle response, maybe some more mid range power, and better aesthetics under the hood. And that is about it, but now I have it and don't have to obses about wanting one any longer.

Hope this all helps....
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #2
Shortedaman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack128i View Post
Purpose of the post is to inform other 1ers on my experience with the install. Nothing performance related, although I will point out a couple of things below.

#1 - it's a pain in the ass, it truly was. At one point I was almost wondering if it was worth it.

#2 - what got me frustrated is that the air flow intake where the MAF is, had a tough time attaching to the intake adapter. The adapter is a piece of rubber that the filter housing attaches to and it's a pain in the arse to get the rubber adapter to fit inside the filter housing.

#3 - piece of advice, unattach the power steering resevoir from its bracket and move it to the side, actually have someone hold it for you if possible. This way you can really get your hand around the housing and the adapter.

#4 - after I had it put together, and the power steering resevoir back on, the intake slipped off the
rubber adapter. UGH. So had to do it all over again, tighten that SOB down good...last you want is it popping off while driving.

#5 - when installing the top, or lid on the intake, I had to drill a small bit around the hole on the lid to line up with the hole on the box housing. The whole thing is plastic and so everything doesn't line up perfectly, and that is understandable, it's plastic. And when lining up most of the holes I REALLY had to push in on the walls of the box to line up and get the bolt started.

#6 - all in all, the install is extremely easy, but you may have a few areas that may test your patience.

#7 - in the end, was it worth it? Damn right, it sounds bad ass when I get down on it, absolutely beautiful. Throttle response is better, and probably does feel a bit more powerful through the mid range. I have a stage 1 tune from Turner Motorsport, and adding this to it I believe does give it a tad more noticeable power.

#8 - after everything what did I pay for? A Bimmer that sounds bad ass, with a bit more throttle response, maybe some more mid range power, and better aesthetics under the hood. And that is about it, but now I have it and don't have to obses about wanting one any longer.

Hope this all helps....
pics?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 07:35 PM   #3
mack128i
1er
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortedaman View Post
Quote:

Hope this all helps....
pics?
Unfortunately no, was under the gun this weekend time wise. I would be more than happy to post some post-install pictures if that's what you want.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
Shortedaman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope this all helps....
pics?
Unfortunately no, was under the gun this weekend time wise. I would be more than happy to post some post-install pictures if that's what you want.
yeah, that's what I meant. lol. see how good it looks installed.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 07:46 PM   #5
mack128i
1er
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope this all helps....
pics?
yeah, that's what I meant. lol. see how good it looks installed.
Okay no problem at all, l will take some tomorrow.
Appreciate 0