BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #45
Trond
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: 1M

Back to the original question.

I would recommend buying a low mileage 3 year old Toyota, keep it for a year and then buy the M4 after depreciated like all other iPad cars. In this case you reduce the risk that 1M might depreciate when the M2 comes out and you have significantly lowered the rate of depreciation over the next year. In addition as the Toyota is still under warranty and low mileage the maintenance costs will also be very low.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 12:59 AM   #46
Trond
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: 1M

On the other side of the coin you might bet on that the 1M has the potential of keeping its value and becoming a classic. For many of the 1M owners this is already the case. It was developed by true enthusiasts in the M division and now owned by many enthusiasts that value the car for its highly engaging driving experience.

My main point is the 1M is obviously not the right car for you in any case. You would be buying it for the wrong reasons.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #47
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vo 1m

^^^^yup.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #48
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

I d recommend the OP to drive both cars if possible and then make a decision.
Making a decision only based on so called car magazine/ carjourno 'facts' and stuff based upon that I read in this thread doesn't seem a good idea to me. Drive them and go and feel the power and gadgetry of the M4 and the lightness/handling of the 1M.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0