BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #23
Mr_M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the sidewalks

[QUOTE=FLEX///M;10713920]Lol! I do live in Florida. Miami

i think i have seen ur 1m vo more than ones driving by hammocks blvd one of this day i'm going to crush for the looking the rest of the traffic lol
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #24
icasio
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

I had mine tinted with 3M Crystalline as well. It's nice but there is a brownish hue to it which isn't ideal in my opinion.

The slight bubbling around the matrix of the windows also bugs. But that's never going to be perfect regardless of manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #25
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icasio View Post
I had mine tinted with 3M Crystalline as well. It's nice but there is a brownish hue to it which isn't ideal in my opinion.

The slight bubbling around the matrix of the windows also bugs. But that's never going to be perfect regardless of manufacturer.
I've had the same issue...although it's getting better as time goes on (i don't even see bubbles anymore). Trick is the wet it down really well before applying. Again...it always comes down to the installation with these films.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #26
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 502 of 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
I know we have a PPF thread, however, I decided to create a window tinting thread so we can keep track of the types of films and their performance.

I just had my car tinted with SunTek Carbon XP (CXP) and it is amazing! This is SunTek\'s high end film an their response to the ceramic competitors. Incredible heat/uv rejection rates, 0 interference, and looks pure black, as oppose to some films that have a brownish hue depending on lighting conditions. Clarity is also extremely crisp when inside the car. I just sat in my car after sitting in the sun all day and it feels the way it did when i sat in it this morning before i left my garage. Pictures to follow soon!

Just wondering, what level of film are on your windows? CPX 18?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #27
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnizu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
I know we have a PPF thread, however, I decided to create a window tinting thread so we can keep track of the types of films and their performance.

I just had my car tinted with SunTek Carbon XP (CXP) and it is amazing! This is SunTek\'s high end film an their response to the ceramic competitors. Incredible heat/uv rejection rates, 0 interference, and looks pure black, as oppose to some films that have a brownish hue depending on lighting conditions. Clarity is also extremely crisp when inside the car. I just sat in my car after sitting in the sun all day and it feels the way it did when i sat in it this morning before i left my garage. Pictures to follow soon!

Just wondering, what level of film are on your windows? CPX 18?
Yup, CXP 18.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #28
dynamicsound
Rep
Drives: BMw

If anyone is looking for a Huper Optik Dealer in Atlanta, GA...we are an Authorized Autobahn Dealer from Huper Optik. We carry Huper Optik Xtreme, Performa (Autobahn only), Ceramic, and Select series. Autobahn Dealers are trained at master facilities and have added benefits for customers. In addition to quality window film, you will receive a Nationwide Limited Lifetime Warranty, Transferable Warranty, and a one time No Fault Warranty...all only available at Autobahn Dealers. We also use Huper Optik for Commercial, Residential, and Security. If you have any questions, please give us a call or send us an email since we do not check this board daily. Our info is below...

Dynamic Sound
6300 Jimmy Carter Blvd #104
Norcross, GA 30071
678-622-7144
Sales@DynamicSoundATL.com
www.DynamicSoundATL.com
www.AtlantaTint.com
www.Facebook.com/DynamicSoundATL
Appreciate 0