BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #67
Blue55
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

So basically we have ONE guy where the tint works with CA. Everyone else including me that has the Huper Optik tint has problems. Please stop telling us we've been scammed. I went to a reputable place, I've got the warranty card and the guy came highly recommended from several people that have had their cars done there.

Bottom line: If you're thinking about doing any kind of tint and you have CA - you've been warned. I'm NOT doing it on my 1M given the issues I've had with my 135 and Huper Optik.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #68
Das Ein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Audi TTS, '17 500 Abarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
So basically we have ONE guy where the tint works with CA. Everyone else including me that has the Huper Optik tint has problems. Please stop telling us we've been scammed. I went to a reputable place, I've got the warranty card and the guy came highly recommended from several people that have had their cars done there.

Bottom line: If you're thinking about doing any kind of tint and you have CA - you've been warned. I'm NOT doing it on my 1M given the issues I've had with my 135 and Huper Optik.

I went to a reputable place, and have the warranty card as well. The reason I am pissed is that the guy behind the counter pointed me to the Huper because I told him I have comfort access, and it would not cause problems.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #69
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Fellas, if any of you decides to change films, I highly recommend SunTek Carbon XP (CXP), as I specified on my Window Tinting thread. I just performed the proximity test and signal did not get affected at all...in fact, I am able to lock/unlock my car as far away as I used to before. Also, CA works 100% of the time. I performed all the testing after reading these posts reporting issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #70
RandyTravis
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post

While I'm not sporting the 1er, I thought I'd add my $0.02 as I found this discussion thread too late. I just went through this tint debacle on my 2011 M3. Comfort access worked flawlessly before my Huper Optik ceramic 30%. Immediately when I picked it up from the shop, issues started. The trunk became useless and the doors worked about half of the time. I even got a few "no key" icons not letting me start the engine or put it in gear. The tint shop assured me that nothing would interfere as there's no metal in it and they were baffled when they saw the behavior afterwards. I had this tint on my previous E46 M3 and loved the heat rejection, but sadly knew it had to come off after the dealer cleared everything as working properly with the car after a service visit.

The shop was cool and replaced it with a non-ceramic (and non-metallic) Huper Optik Extreme 35% and lo and behold, no issues whatsoever (albeit for only a couple of days now). The sensitivity in the door handles is back as well as the remote control button range which went from 10 ft. or less with the ceramic to over 50 ft. now. I won't know how much heat rejection was lost until the summer rolls around, but at least the car seems to be doing what it's supposed to be doing.

I can't comprehend how tint could do that, but whatever I guess... to quote the above post "you've been warned."
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #71
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Even though this is on my other car, I figured I'll post here as my Huper Optik crapped out (after 4 yrs of very gentle use, car is in garage, not a daily, and 30K miles on it Northeast). Here are some pics.

Good news it, both installer and Huper Optik stood behind their lifetime warranty (they better, it was the priciest tint I've ever had). I was given the choice to replace it with the Formula 1 Pinnalce Ceramic (45%), and I opted for that given my bad experience with Huper Optik. It started with a small flame-looking pattern (as seen on the front doors) and quickly spread to the entire window within a couple of months (to the point that rear window looks like it has fogged up completely). Just like its looks, it spread like wildfire...
Attached Images

1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #72
Das Ein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Even though this is on my other car, I figured I'll post here as my Huper Optik crapped out (after 4 yrs of very gentle use, car is in garage, not a daily, and 30K miles on it Northeast). Here are some pics.

Good news it, both installer and Huper Optik stood behind their lifetime warranty (they better, it was the priciest tint I've ever had). I was given the choice to replace it with the Formula 1 Pinnalce Ceramic (45%), and I opted for that given my bad experience with Huper Optik. It started with a small flame-looking pattern (as seen on the front doors) and quickly spread to the entire window within a couple of months (to the point that rear window looks like it has fogged up completely). Just like its looks, it spread like wildfire...

My Huper is starting to do something like this too!!! It is starting to look foggy at the top of the back window.

So my CA dosent work, AND now this. Awesome $400 tint.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #73
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Ein View Post
My Huper is starting to do something like this too!!! It is starting to look foggy at the top of the back window.

So my CA dosent work, AND now this. Awesome $400 tint.
That is exactly how one started, and then spread like wildfire. Just getting progressively worse and couldn't be contained. Especially troublesome at night when you see headlights behind you...

I suggest documenting this and going back to your installer, it does come with a lifetime warranty and in my case I paid neither for labor nor for materials when they re-did it. I believe my tinter simply needed to take pics before hand (which he did) and then send the defective film back to the company.

I had this done 4 yrs ago or so, figured it might be a bad batch, or perhaps it was their earlier version and they've addressed since, but doesn't look like that's the case based on your experience.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #74
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Im very happy with what I have so far. Ill keep an eye out for any defects.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #75
Das Ein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
That is exactly how one started, and then spread like wildfire. Just getting progressively worse and couldn't be contained. Especially troublesome at night when you see headlights behind you...

I suggest documenting this and going back to your installer, it does come with a lifetime warranty and in my case I paid neither for labor nor for materials when they re-did it. I believe my tinter simply needed to take pics before hand (which he did) and then send the defective film back to the company.

I had this done 4 yrs ago or so, figured it might be a bad batch, or perhaps it was their earlier version and they've addressed since, but doesn't look like that's the case based on your experience.

Yeah, cause my tint is not even a year old.

Also, do you have comfort access? Does it work with your Huper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Im very happy with what I have so far. Ill keep an eye out for any defects.

Do you have comfort access? Any problems with it with the tint installed?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #76
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, cause my tint is not even a year old.

Also, do you have comfort access? Does it work with your Huper?
The Audi didn't come with CA as an option, so not had an issue there with anything (radio reception, key frequency, etc.)

On my 1M, I was considering the HO well before this defect veered its ugly head, but the complaint several people voiced with the CA interference made me shy away, and now with this defect especially, I am glad I did (went with Llumar on the 1M).
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #77
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Do you have comfort access? Any problems with it with the tint installed?
I dont have CA
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #78
dynamicsound
Rep
Drives: BMw

If anyone is looking for a Huper Optik Dealer in Atlanta, GA...we are an Authorized Autobahn Dealer from Huper Optik. We carry Huper Optik Xtreme, Performa (Autobahn only), Ceramic, and Select series. Autobahn Dealers are trained at master facilities and have added benefits for customers. In addition to quality window film, you will receive a Nationwide Limited Lifetime Warranty, Transferable Warranty, and a one time No Fault Warranty...all only available at Autobahn Dealers. We also use Huper Optik for Commercial, Residential, and Security. If you have any questions, please give us a call or send us an email since we do not check this board daily. Our info is below...

Dynamic Sound
6300 Jimmy Carter Blvd #104
Norcross, GA 30071
678-622-7144
Sales@DynamicSoundATL.com
www.DynamicSoundATL.com
www.AtlantaTint.com
www.Facebook.com/DynamicSoundATL
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #79
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

FWIW from the day I put Huper Optik 40% on my car, the Comfort Access range dropped to nearly 0. I am not sure if related but it was the same day.
Appreciate 0