BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-05-2021, 04:24 PM   #1
dee0007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 G05

Location of passive go module?

Does anyone know where is the passive go module for comfort access ? I'm having issues with comfort access and after reading many threads I believe it's the passive go module that might be the culprit. I also smell electrical smell coming back from the trunk which I believe might be the location. Just wanted to check on it to see if there is any water damage and if so I could replace the module.

If anyone knows the location and how to get to it , I would greatly appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 05:24 PM   #2
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee0007 View Post
Does anyone know where is the passive go module for comfort access ? I'm having issues with comfort access and after reading many threads I believe it's the passive go module that might be the culprit. I also smell electrical smell coming back from the trunk which I believe might be the location. Just wanted to check on it to see if there is any water damage and if so I could replace the module.

If anyone knows the location and how to get to it , I would greatly appreciate it.
Facing the trunk, take out the right side trunk liner (passenger side). The Passive Go module should be located on the right side, behind the wheel well, underneath the "storage shelf" area.

This is where it was for my 2010 128i, should be the same for your 1M.
Appreciate 0