10-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
mikeedler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

ohhhh, Hai Guyz!!!!! (some matte 1M content) motherload of updates on P4

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi, I just wanted to post a few pics for you guys here to let you all see the progress as it comes along of a 1M I am putting together for someone.

You all have seen some pics from the dealership here in Bamberg. Now it is at my house and is receiving a few goodies before it goes off to Stuttgart.

Well as you guys already know it was wrapped in Oracle foil in the Lambo color. The wheels were sprayed Nogaro Silver-- because its an E30 color and I am an E30 guy. (for those of you who know what one of them old things are)

before I type too much and make this boring!
Here is are a couple pics of the wheels painted and back on the car......

Name:  matte1m-1.jpg
Views: 22050
Size:  351.7 KB

Name:  matte1m-2.jpg
Views: 21154
Size:  333.0 KB

Name:  matte1m-4.jpg
Views: 22804
Size:  375.8 KB

Name:  matte1m-5.jpg
Views: 31282
Size:  327.6 KB

Name:  matte1m-3.jpg
Views: 21391
Size:  226.2 KB

So the first part to be installed happened this past weekend. There are alot of parts to be installed some are here already, some are still on the way.

So, before this post gets boring, here are some pics. It kinda hurt my feelings to cut holes in the trunk linings on a car with less than 30 miles on it, but I just gotta stay hard I guess.

The bar is from BRracing- a very nice piece, with very nice fittment.

a couple more of the bar installed. The color of the bar matches the stitching VERY nicely.

should be getting the fronts on this week, waiting for the mounts still for the rears.

Last edited by mikeedler; 11-27-2011 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

that car is sexy...well done!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
Fundahl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, 300zx TT

Awesome pictures! Unique color as well. Enjoying the drive? What model E30?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
mikeedler
Enlisted Member
Rep

and a quick teaser of the next parts to go on. ( grand am)

should be getting the fronts on this week, waiting for the mounts still for the rears.

question, does anyone have this setup on their car here? or a rear coilover?

moved this up to the first page:

Update number 1

So, not much was getting done on the car due to It being here in Germany, and the parts coming from the U.S. Some of the parts aren't arriving, and some sadly are the incorrect parts. well, that's all in the works and seems to be moving along.

I decided to install the Cat delete pipes (BTW) very pretty pieces! Well, the solution for the ECU has not arrived, but I figured we can get the exhaust rolling.

forgot my camera, so there are no actual install pics...... but here is what I have of them.

here is what I first needed to remove.

not bad looking but kinda restrictive compared to the new parts.

here are a few pics of what you can see of the new pipes installed.

and to make this post much more enjoyable/exciting, here is a quick little clip of the music it now makes. Not a hue amount of difference, but it will with the few extras that are to come in the next week or 2 with the other fun noise makers.

Last edited by mikeedler; 11-20-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
mikeedler
Enlisted Member
Rep

Here's a few more pics of the car that I happened to snap today. Here you can see a few other angles of it.

and a pic with a few hidden treasures in the background.

Last edited by mikeedler; 02-06-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
mikeedler
Enlisted Member
Rep

So, a whole bunch more of the parts are now in.... So this thing needs to start rolling again. The wheels were some of what came in and I mounted the stock 245-265 tires on the wheels-- just to see what kind of space we have for larger tires.
It seems to me a 285 will fit in the rear as the front 265s will prob fit in the front.
the wheels are ADV.1 10 3 piece. off the top of my head, I have no idea anymore what the offset or the width is.

IMO I think the 265s look kinda dumb on the wheels- but the are not on ther for good, just fitment purposes.

oddly enough, I don't find the quality of the wheels up to the price they ask for them. they don't really seem that light, and on the balancing machine you can see a pretty good untrue to the wheel. they balance out good 30-60 gramms per wheel, but I still feel my 20y/o BBS RS wheels are of a better machining/finish-- just my opinion.

so on to the pics.............

right side has stock wheels-- offset/wideness diff.

I have an E30 M3 as well as a couple of other non Ms, not really important here, but I do love to whore out pics of it at times too- here is a pic of it

Last edited by mikeedler; 11-27-2011 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
mikeedler
Enlisted Member
Rep

well, once again found some time to get this thing rolling along.
lets start with the exhaust. The install is the rear section from Meisterschaft. question for you guys, why are all of these products named with "german sounding" names, and no one over here even knows of them?

the exhaust is now catless and rear mufflerless. Next to come is the middle section resonaltors are also to be cut out and pipe welded in there too.

here we have the stock stuff, not to bad to me.

and here is what is now on the car. nice shiny stuff for under the matte finished top of the car?

packaged up really nice for the journey across the pond!

and on the car from the bottom.

the sound is amazing!!!!! reminds me of the old deuce and a halfs from the 80's army days, pure awesomeness!

next on the to-do list was finally get the AST 5200 Grand Am stuff on the car-- This has been a real hassle....... long story.

so on to the suspension install.

with the spring compressed.

the rear 1M stock suspension minus the spring.

spring out!

thought I would still put this pic in there even though it was incorrect. The pics and info are all over the place different. come to find out I have a 7" spring and the helpers are for the front.......... lack of communication and me assuming.

let's get them turner upper shock mounts in.

shock is in, now time to run them sticking azz hoses into the trunk.

Well, time to empty out the "tub" I have seen pics somewhere on the net where someone just cut huge holes in this thing to fit the remote adjusters through, I didn't like the idea of the huge holes, so went about doing this the "harder way"

as of now the adj. are just laying on the airpump/toolbag, will get them secured tis week.

next up was front suspension.

here we go.

strut out.

factory, not factory!

not stock/stock!
well, this is as far as we got here. once again, wrong pieces, or missing pieces
I would like to say that this has really been quite the hassle with the suspension, not sure if its ASTs fault or the vendor, but there has been nothing but alot of lost time and incorrect parts/missing stuff from the get go. not happy about it, but what to do?

the strut is too skiny to fit in the receiver/knuckle... part missing, or incorrect part?

now put it all right back together- also have to stick that helper spring in there too

after the suspension set-back it was time to move onto the engine compartment.

les' go and remove that bumper and see what's hiding back there.

I think we need to pull that little thing out of there.

on the ground, so now lets compare the 2. interesting, stock has 3" ports, new only 2,5"?

well, lets get that thing in there.

and here is what is leftover from the massacre. once again cutting on a new car.....ahhh it hurts me more than the car!

lets get that bumper back on. looks stock!

now on to the charge pipes, my favorite part, nothing like the sound of a BOV early in the morning. I had the same on on my turbo M20powered E30 BMW a few years ago, I always caught myself playing with the go pedal just to hear it make some sweet music.

orig. uglyness, i always wondered why BMW put those crappy little hoses in the the way they did when I changed the 100 or so high pressure pumps this summer!

I must say this part is beautifully crafted too!

here it is installed, pretty straightforward and simple.

IF YOU HAVE AN N54/N55 YOU NEED TO GET THIS ASAP!

as I was putting the engine comp. back together there was one other piece to put in there too. I do not understand this part at all. to me its not worth the crappy warped plastic it's made from, whatever. fitment is crap, and it is not sealed well at all, seems like it's going to be pulling in plenty of hot air through all the cracks in it.

and the 100 or so stickers they sent with it I would'nt even put on my toolbox!

and to the last update for today, the front CF splitter. I have no idea who made it, but fitment is great. I like it, hopefully it lasts a while.

on to the pics.

I glued it on also with a ton of windshield glue, it's not going to come off on the autobahn!!!!

and a rear shot.

and a bonus sound clip, sorry the batteries died in the camera.

Last edited by mikeedler; 11-29-2011 at 03:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
Fundahl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, 300zx TT

This thread is getting better and better! I'm still waiting to even get my 1M. I'm guessing you visit your favorite track frequently.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
Whteverjklasdf
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

holy smoke.... the roll-cage...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

very nice!!! now, if I had only paid attention!!!

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #11
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Those wheels are perfect. You said sprayed, so I assume that is paint and not powder coating?

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #12
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
So euro spec car with chrome trim but no euro headlamps?

Looks great man loving the roll cage
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #14
pheller
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeedler View Post
a couple more of the bar installed. The color of the bar matches the stitching VERY nicely.

That bar is sweet. I'd seen it before, but these pictures might have me convinced.

I'll be curious about the difference in rigidity, both on road and track. Could you please post your thoughts on it once you've formulated some observations?

Do you plan to keep the cross-brace installed permanently (thus rendering the rear seat even more useless that it already is)? I'd also be interested to see that the rear seats can still be occupied with the hoop in place. I imagine the harness retention bar must be removed (in addition to the cross-brace), to facilitate use of the rear seats....

Anyways, great choices thus far, the car is looking great!
      10-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #15
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

More pics of cage

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #16
Underwood
BMW > Audi+ Merc. Simple math.
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 14' Wrangler

Will follow this post frequently! Would you like to reveal your future plans now already?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
mikeedler
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
Those wheels are perfect. You said sprayed, so I assume that is paint and not powder coating?
yes, they were painted- these are going to be the "street wheels" for the car- a set of "track wheels" are on the way paint was good enough for BMW, I really don't see the need for powder coating wheels, plus here in Germany, it's not easy to find powder coating shops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara View Post
So euro spec car with chrome trim but no euro headlamps?

Looks great man loving the roll cage
Car is a U.S. model. The trim is also shadowline, was just covered in foil too. I am not the owner, the owner is a soldier in the U.S. Army stationed over here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheller View Post
That bar is sweet. I'd seen it before, but these pictures might have me convinced.

I'll be curious about the difference in rigidity, both on road and track. Could you please post your thoughts on it once you've formulated some observations?

Do you plan to keep the cross-brace installed permanently (thus rendering the rear seat even more useless that it already is)? I'd also be interested to see that the rear seats can still be occupied with the hoop in place. I imagine the harness retention bar must be removed (in addition to the cross-brace), to facilitate use of the rear seats....

Anyways, great choices thus far, the car is looking great!
The rear seat was completely removed. I have only driven the car a total of 15 miles to my house and not hard at all-only about 30 miles on the car. From the Brr site, the rear seat can be used with just the removal of the center X brace- getting in the rear with the retention bar installed would seem quite a task though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-emm View Post
Will follow this post frequently! Would you like to reveal your future plans now already?
After the suspension (hopefully finished this weekend) comes the new down pipes (cat deletes) as well as the center resonators will also be replaced with some straight pipe. The new rear section is also on its way here, and I am sure it will def. sound nice then.
I will just leave it at this- there is a bunch of other goodies coming, but it would be more fun to keep this a bit more interesting.

Once again, it's not my car....

front suspension is finally on. front coilovers are turned down about 85%, rears are at about 70% down.

car is pretty much finished up for this year.
enjoy the pics.

Here are a few more not so good pics of what the car looks like today. It is supposed to be picked up by him and will then get a real photo session.

I have now removed the midpipe cats and resonator and it has straight pipes from front to rear- NO ANYTHING in the exhaust system, and yes, it is unbelievably loud!

the tails as well as sidemarkers and front signals were all tinted, and the wheels now have an orange stripe to break up the grey a little bit.

Last edited by mikeedler; 02-03-2012 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #18
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #19
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Ridiculous!
      10-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #20
UnclePerkins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i (e90) TiAg

Front Seat / Rear Panel with Net Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeedler View Post

I like the "net bags" on the rear panel of the front seats. I think you can get these as a retrofit part on RealOEM in the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #21
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

@OP, exeptional job, pics, thx for sharing.

UR post suggest you're kind of the project manager, are you in the business of car tuning, or is this a special project? Who did that awesome wrapping. In the words of a fellow addict "that looks tits"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnclePerkins View Post
I like the "net bags" on the rear panel of the front seats. I think you can get these as a retrofit part on RealOEM in the U.S.
They should be standard equipment in your US 1///M
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #22
LateralG'z
Private
Rep
Drives: Hopefully a 1M

I am jealous
Appreciate 0