BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #45
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woner View Post
I don't have any experience with this company. I don't know if they are definitely going to produce us a nice line of products.

I do know that they have actual pictures of many products on a 1m on their facebook and that they are a large company with an extensive line of carbon fiber products for nearly every brand of enthusiast cars. So it's weird for me to see people refusing to believe that this company is going to make products for the e82. I guess other companies have traumatized this forum's veteran members with false promises.

It's possible that their plans will fall through and make me look like a dumbass, but it seems more likely that they will make the products.
i hope you know those are renders and the interior parts they show? i can care less for.
      08-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #46
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
I don't have any experience with this company. I don't know if they are definitely going to produce us a nice line of products.

I do know that they have actual pictures of many products on a 1m on their facebook and that they are a large company with an extensive line of carbon fiber products for nearly every brand of enthusiast cars. So it's weird for me to see people refusing to believe that this company is going to make products for the e82. I guess other companies have traumatized this forum's veteran members with false promises.

It's possible that their plans will fall through and make me look like a dumbass, but it seems more likely that they will make the products.
most of the vets have been traumatized but we appreciate your spunk
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #47
woner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 LMB 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
most of the vets have been traumatized but we appreciate your spunk
Haha someone has to cheer this place up.

Now someone cheer me up about running even against a dodge truck..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #48
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Haha someone has to cheer this place up.

Now someone cheer me up about running even against a dodge truck..
You suck?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #49
woner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
You suck?
There wasn't much I could do I am stock and he wasn't..it's pretty easy to make a new dodge cummins into a 13 second truck to match a 135i. I can't decide if I should go jb4 or wait for cobb n55.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #50
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
There wasn't much I could do I am stock and he wasn't..it's pretty easy to make a new dodge cummins into a 13 second truck to match a 135i. I can't decide if I should go jb4 or wait for cobb n55.
If you're totally stock, i would upgrade other things before you jump into an agressive tune first, like an fmic, less restrictive intake, less restrictive chargepipe (bov), open axleback exhaust and catless midpipes (atleast, if not the total catless exhaust) and def nicer tires (pss's, etc.).

People think they can just jump from stock to BOOM with a tune and that's not necessarily true. If you're going to upgrade your ECU's performance you really need to upgrade certain internals, etc. before hand. Anytime ive modded a car of mine Ive always done the extras and tires, etc. first, THEN a tune afterwards if I still felt it necessary. I mean once you have more efficient and better performing aftermarket parts like the FMIC, chargepipe, exhaust, etc. on your car, you may decide then that a tune really isnt even necessary, or maybe just a smaller tune. Like right now I have everything you see listed in my sig installed on the car and she drives amazingly, not a massive difference from stock but you have to include everything in the comparison, not JUST hp numbers. Now I really dont even think id want or need a COBB or something like that, if anything id be happy with just a jb+ or something to just add a lil more boost without remapping my entire ecu.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #51
woner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If you're totally stock, i would upgrade other things before you jump into an agressive tune first, like an fmic, less restrictive intake, less restrictive chargepipe (bov), open axleback exhaust and catless midpipes (atleast, if not the total catless exhaust) and def nicer tires (pss's, etc.).

People think they can just jump from stock to BOOM with a tune and that's not necessarily true. If you're going to upgrade your ECU's performance you really need to upgrade certain internals, etc. before hand. Anytime ive modded a car of mine Ive always done the extras and tires, etc. first, THEN a tune afterwards if I still felt it necessary. I mean once you have more efficient and better performing aftermarket parts like the FMIC, chargepipe, exhaust, etc. on your car, you may decide then that a tune really isnt even necessary, or maybe just a smaller tune. Like right now I have everything you see listed in my sig installed on the car and she drives amazingly, not a massive difference from stock but you have to include everything in the comparison, not JUST hp numbers. Now I really dont even think id want or need a COBB or something like that, if anything id be happy with just a jb+ or something to just add a lil more boost without remapping my entire ecu.
Yeah that's an idea but I think a tune is better value money wise and it can go on top of those mods..just have to make sure it's safe and smooth which I'm not sure the n55 tunes are at that level yet. That's funny because I have a set of pss's in my garage waiting to be put on. How do you like them and the bmw ps?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #52
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah that's an idea but I think a tune is better value money wise and it can go on top of those mods..just have to make sure it's safe and smooth which I'm not sure the n55 tunes are at that level yet. That's funny because I have a set of pss's in my garage waiting to be put on. How do you like them and the bmw ps?
Well as always with mods, the choice is yours, im just giving you some good advice..

The pss's are great tires, not a single slip yet, very smooth ride from 20 to 120 no problem. And I dont have the PS yet, thats still under the "coming soon" area still
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #53
woner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well as always with mods, the choice is yours, im just giving you some good advice..

The pss's are great tires, not a single slip yet, very smooth ride from 20 to 120 no problem. And I dont have the PS yet, thats still under the "coming soon" area still
Ah okay well I appreciate the advice. I'll probably see how the car feels with the new tires before I decide on suspension stuff anyway. I have quite a few cosmetic mods though so I need to increase the performance so it's not false advertising .
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #54
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
go get urself a tune; the best way to control power is the ol right foot
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #55
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Well I can tell you guys that my original trunk spoiler had the finish start to rubb off after several months. I contacted them about it and Mario said he would send another out to me and after countless emails and text messages to him, it took around 5 months to acutally get it. Then when I went to take my old one off the tape job they did made it impossible to take it off without cracking it which is did. So i was pissed that happened. I also had issues with the ends staying down from the start and they just told me to redo it.lol Why on Earth should I have to do that? It should of been taped properly the first time. That is why I paid them for the product. So I replace it and trusted the new one was tapped right, but to my suprise it wasnt. Who ever they have tapping them up has no idea what they are doing or does not care. The taped is supposed to be place under the little bevel along the part that sits on the edge of the trunk deck. they place the tape overlapping that bevel so the tape shows and the wing did not sit right and the ends would not sit flush. That was also because the tape was not installed right in that area. I had to take the wing back off which was a bitch and of course again it cracked in the same place but not as bad. getting the old tape off was a 3 hour job.

I then reinstalled the tape the right way and making sure to build up 2 layers of it on the ends so they would stick. Now it looks right and sits flush. I just hope the finish does not come off of this one. I was told they fixed the issue with the clear coat from the first batch. Time will tell. I can say I will not buy another icarbon product in the future. When and if this one gets damaged I will just go without a spoiler I guess. The BMW one is too much money to be worth it.
      09-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #56
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
Well I can tell you guys that my original trunk spoiler had the finish start to rubb off after several months. I contacted them about it and Mario said he would send another out to me and after countless emails and text messages to him, it took around 5 months to acutally get it. Then when I went to take my old one off the tape job they did made it impossible to take it off without cracking it which is did. So i was pissed that happened. I also had issues with the ends staying down from the start and they just told me to redo it.lol Why on Earth should I have to do that? It should of been taped properly the first time. That is why I paid them for the product. So I replace it and trusted the new one was tapped right, but to my suprise it wasnt. Who ever they have tapping them up has no idea what they are doing or does not care. The taped is supposed to be place under the little bevel along the part that sits on the edge of the trunk deck. they place the tape overlapping that bevel so the tape shows and the wing did not sit right and the ends would not sit flush. That was also because the tape was not installed right in that area. I had to take the wing back off which was a bitch and of course again it cracked in the same place but not as bad. getting the old tape off was a 3 hour job.

I then reinstalled the tape the right way and making sure to build up 2 layers of it on the ends so they would stick. Now it looks right and sits flush. I just hope the finish does not come off of this one. I was told they fixed the issue with the clear coat from the first batch. Time will tell. I can say I will not buy another icarbon product in the future. When and if this one gets damaged I will just go without a spoiler I guess. The BMW one is too much money to be worth it.
I guess I just don't understand that mentality. I mean, you had issues with the first spoiler you put on there, cracked it while removing it, cracked the second spoiler while removing it due to careless application of adhesive tape, and then finally reinstalled it, only to be put in the position of having to wait and see if the finish will maintain its integrity.

I'm not saying that there is no possibility of having issues with the BMWP version, but mine was put on and has stayed on without problems. That, IMO, is worth the slight premium.

I like to save money where I can, but I'll gladly pay for quality parts. What we need is a vendor to produce quality pieces and provide quality customer service for a reasonable price. Otherwise, it looks like it's a better value overall to go OEM, as expensive as that might be.

Good luck with your spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #57
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

True and if this one goes bad I may just break down and get the BMW one. I am thinking I may want to sell the car though. I need to cut payments where I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post
I guess I just don't understand that mentality. I mean, you had issues with the first spoiler you put on there, cracked it while removing it, cracked the second spoiler while removing it due to careless application of adhesive tape, and then finally reinstalled it, only to be put in the position of having to wait and see if the finish will maintain its integrity.

I'm not saying that there is no possibility of having issues with the BMWP version, but mine was put on and has stayed on without problems. That, IMO, is worth the slight premium.

I like to save money where I can, but I'll gladly pay for quality parts. What we need is a vendor to produce quality pieces and provide quality customer service for a reasonable price. Otherwise, it looks like it's a better value overall to go OEM, as expensive as that might be.

Good luck with your spoiler.
      09-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #58
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
When you say the "finish" started peeling off, are you actually talking the carbon fiber wrap on the spoiler or the clear coat or what?
Appreciate 0