BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
bigmicj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i + M240iX

Stainless Pedal Set

So I finally got my mod #3 of 6 installed yesterday. The stainless steel pedal set.

And I must say they look really good!! My one real complaint is that Brake pedal cover was a B***H to get on! I nearly gave up and sent the whole thing back. One word of advice if you plan to install these, score (snip) the back of the Brake pedal cover or else it won't fit over the pedal.

The reason I posted though is I was curious if anyone else has installed this set and noticed a difference in accelleration?

I'm sure it's probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but it seems that the accelleration is a little better since I have installed them.

Before you smart***es start flaming this post, understand that the gas pedal is an entirely new assembly. It's not just a peice of trim that goes around the pedal.

When I took the old gas pedal out, I compared the two and noticed that the Stainless Steel pedal had a different rod going into the housing than the stock pedal. It also feels different (more flimsy) when I press down on it.

Anyone else experience a difference with this set?
Appreciate 0