BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #67
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Car looks great, so does the garage! Z3 M Coupes were plenty practical. They hold a keg, what else do you need? I just sold mine, I suspect I will miss it.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #68
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelife View Post
Thanks! I am in love with the colors. I was very nervous about it all, but ..
The M Coupes are very nice, but I see where they aren't practical.
Very different cars and I love the "clown shoe". Saw one on the freeway the other day... it was red.
That color combo you had is super nice. Sorry you had to sell.

What sold me on the 1 was we actually went to look at the 1M. A dealer had one in San Francisco. They were marking them up $20K here. No thanks, not for almost the same car . I drove a white 135 and the rest is history. Had to order because manuals are nearly impossible to find. So, went all out on different. Only thing I don't like is BMW ditching the sport package and making people go with M sport package. Keep the M stuff on the M cars I say. But I wanted the seats .
Its alright, the car went to the perfect buyer.
I wasn't aware they took sport package off the options list for 2012 cars. Mine is just sport.
      03-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #69
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Car looks great, so does the garage! Z3 M Coupes were plenty practical. They hold a keg, what else do you need? I just sold mine, I suspect I will miss it.
You will miss it greatly trust me. they are practical cars, it just depends on what you intend to use the car for. It was not practical for me to have a garage queen at the time.
      03-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #70
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
LOLOL.
The garage. Hubby loves the garage. The previous owner of the house was a car dealership owner... that explains it all

AHHH. You sold your M Coupe? How come?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #71
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
AHHH. You sold your M Coupe? How come?
I'd had it over a decade, just time for something new. I also have a desire to have a "real" car, something with four doors and the ability to carry coworkers. I think it's down to a 2010 or 2011 E90 M3 or a Golf R.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #72
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I'd had it over a decade, just time for something new. I also have a desire to have a "real" car, something with four doors and the ability to carry coworkers. I think it's down to a 2010 or 2011 E90 M3 or a Golf R.
I'd go for the M3, but... well, the MPGs stink. The Golf R is a hatch, so if you don't mind that factor. Pretty tight in the back too. Good luck on your decision!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #73
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

I've been impressed by the usability of the back seat in the Golf's (mostly GTI, not sure the one R32 I drove was a four or two door) I have driven -- if they are the four door variety. Better than a lot of four door sedans, due in part to the height.
Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #74
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
I've been impressed by the usability of the back seat in the Golf's (mostly GTI, not sure the one R32 I drove was a four or two door) I have driven -- if they are the four door variety. Better than a lot of four door sedans, due in part to the height.
I drove a Golf TDI for 8+ years. I was amazed at what I could fit in that back hatch. Sadly, I am in love with my 135i. Beats expectations. Love the size, the way it drives, the looks. Everything. Glad I stuck with getting the 1. I have something unique and don't drive what everyone else does here in the Bay Area.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #75
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep

I agree, but if one must have a four door, which the OP implied, the hatchback is not a bad form factor and the R32 is very responsive for active driving. Of course, the four door M3 would be more fun :-)
Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #76
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I agree, but if one must have a four door, which the OP implied, the hatchback is not a bad form factor and the R32 is very responsive for active driving. Of course, the four door M3 would be more fun :-)
Very true. Practicality speaking, the R32 is probably a better choice and much cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #77
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep

I have to say, not a week goes by when someone doesn't walk by me getting into or out of my car and compliment the color.

The lady of the house just rolls her eyes when it happens now. Two weeks ago, I left her sitting in the car while I ran into a store for a moment, and when I got back she told me some kids walked by and said to her "Nice color -- but you already know that."

This last week, however, takes the cake. A woman driving a sporty Lexus pulled up along side me while doing c 35mph between lights near Santana Row in San Jose and yelled from her open window through my open window: "Love the color!" flashed a big smile, and sped off.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #78
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I have to say, not a week goes by when someone doesn't walk by me getting into or out of my car and compliment the color.

The lady of the house just rolls her eyes when it happens now. Two weeks ago, I left her sitting in the car while I ran into a store for a moment, and when I got back she told me some kids walked by and said to her "Nice color -- but you already know that."

This last week, however, takes the cake. A woman driving a sporty Lexus pulled up along side me while doing c 35mph between lights near Santana Row in San Jose and yelled from her open window through my open window: "Love the color!" flashed a big smile, and sped off.

Oh I LOVE it. I get lots of looks for my car too! People love the interior as well. I think the red with alpine white trim does the car justice. I had a guy at the car wash in Walnut Creek ask me about the car. Said he loved that color, asked what it was. He was driving a Carerra S!! Said, I only have a boring black color. haha.
I think it's really cool having KIDS compliment you on the car. Honestly, I think we have a great color. I just love it. Keep having fun in your beautiful car Nathan!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #79
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

We need more photos
      04-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #80
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
We need more photos
HAHA. I'm putting up a couple more external shots. It's from my phone so not super quality. Still needing some good interior photos.

The colors depend on lighting. Sometimes it looks like rich chocolate (or poo as some on here would say), other times root beer, other times kind of like a light coffee.

I have people on the road do a 180 degree turn of the head looking at it.
Another compliment on color at car wash yesterday ... planning on washing myself from now on tho.

NATHAN, you have more pics of your beauty????
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #81
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
We need more photos
Your blue water is an elegant color. Great interior color choice
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #82
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep

the car looks great in those pictures
      04-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #83
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: A45

Great colour - seen lots of x1's in this colour and its very nice in person.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #84
muz1990
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam
We need more photos
Geeram from Babybmw? Haha

I LOVE this combo btw, it looks sublime
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #85
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
HAHA. I'm putting up a couple more external shots. It's from my phone so not super quality. Still needing some good interior photos.

The colors depend on lighting. Sometimes it looks like rich chocolate (or poo as some on here would say), other times root beer, other times kind of like a light coffee.

I have people on the road do a 180 degree turn of the head looking at it.
Another compliment on color at car wash yesterday ... planning on washing myself from now on tho.

NATHAN, you have more pics of your beauty????
Brown eh? Are you sure your car isn't a "2" series?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #86
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Brown eh? Are you sure your car isn't a "2" series?
haha. Nope, 135i all the way.
Got 5 thumbs up in Napa today.
Seriously. And a lot of looks.

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #87
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnip Gnop View Post
the car looks great in those pictures
Thank you. In person even better! Hard to capture.

You have pics of yours? I'm curious about the external color. Sounds pretty.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #88
lovelife
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
Great colour - seen lots of x1's in this colour and its very nice in person.
Thank you
I guess it's the most popular color in Europe.
I like it on smaller vehicles. I think it's a bit too much / too bold for bigger cars.
That's just me tho.
Appreciate 0